• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Introducing Cs-Cart 4.6.1 With Product Variations Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3365 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:03 PM #81

Because browser crash on your so called mass edit. With most features enabled basically you can mass edit ~30products, with less ~70.. While on ebay you can edit 500products with every feature there is with no problem at all..

Why don't you use mass edit of products?

https://www.evernote...sj18XkWjXfeBbqY

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:52 PM #82

Darius, If your mass edit is "crashing" might it not be a server issue?

While on ebay you can edit 500products with every feature there is with no problem at all..

In my experience the eBay mass edit is a total pain. Im not sure why, but if our connection is running a little slow (Oz has the shittest internet speeds), ebay seems to time out when uploading images and just gives up, The biggest issue I've had more than one occasion is where after a bulk edit 100's of listings had the wrong images! Its so bad that I will no longer use the eBay bulk edit function..Ive had to spend hours fixing 100's of listings. And theres other crappy things about the eBay variants:

- eBay has no Global options like CSC has.

- If a PV has been purchased, you cannot delete a PV, but only change its stock to 0 !!!

Your experience is obviously different to mine.. Personally, I wont be citing ebay as an example of how product editing should be done.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3365 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:21 AM #83

Why would you compare mass edit images if cs-cart cannot even do it?

On cs-cart demo site when mass editing 100 products with all features checked firefox gives close or wait warning, ebay does not give this even for 500 products.

In cs-cart there should be some smarter way to mass edit, load all but only at some point to change whatever to edit by one or update all with one. Ebay has also some very powerful find replace tools on listings that has different description, for example if you need to replace link from http to https within many descriptions.

What I am just saying that If I need to replace title of 500 products to same, there should be a tool for it as I believe this could be done with no problems with import export or within database.

Darius, If your mass edit is "crashing" might it not be a server issue?

In my experience the eBay mass edit is a total pain. Im not sure why, but if our connection is running a little slow (Oz has the shittest internet speeds), ebay seems to time out when uploading images and just gives up, The biggest issue I've had more than one occasion is where after a bulk edit 100's of listings had the wrong images! Its so bad that I will no longer use the eBay bulk edit function..Ive had to spend hours fixing 100's of listings. And theres other crappy things about the eBay variants:

- eBay has no Global options like CSC has.

- If a PV has been purchased, you cannot delete a PV, but only change its stock to 0 !!!

Your experience is obviously different to mine.. Personally, I wont be citing ebay as an example of how product editing should be done.

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3810 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:19 AM #84

This add-on is shipped only with CS-Cart installation package

Maybe it's me, but I can't seem to find where I can download the Product Variations add-on seperately?

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:00 AM #85

This add-on is shipped only with CS-Cart installation package

Ok I will get it from there (just thought it would make sense to make this available for current users seperately). Say another question:

In sales reports, so far it has been impossible to export option combinations, only the amount of main products can be seen, which renders the reports function almost useless in some cases. With the new product variations add-on, can we see each variation in the report? Thanks!

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:41 PM #86

What I am just saying that If I need to replace title of 500 products to same, there should be a tool for it as I believe this could be done with no problems with import export or within database.

Best tool to do this is Import / Export.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:34 PM #87

Best tool to do this is Import / Export.

Imac, would it be possible to get an answer to my post above your reply? Thanks!

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:59 AM #88

Ok I will get it from there (just thought it would make sense to make this available for current users seperately). Say another question:

In sales reports, so far it has been impossible to export option combinations, only the amount of main products can be seen, which renders the reports function almost useless in some cases. With the new product variations add-on, can we see each variation in the report? Thanks!

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

You asked the right question. If you don't mind I would like to get some clarification.

What type of products do you sell? Link to your variation product would be ok

Do you always need variations to be treated as separate products in Sales Reports, or it depends?

I'm asking because we won't do any options like "display variations as separate products". There will be one behaviour.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:57 AM #89

Thanks for your reply :)

We sell cosmetics. So sometimes a product comes in different sizes or colours. These should always be treated as seperate products (they have their own barcodes, etc).

I sometimes need to send our vendors sales reports for each individual product, per size / colour etc, which is now impossible.

At the moment we still use combinations but I will switch to the new variations method for all products soon. I guess for cs-cart it would make sense to be able to export these variarions as individual products in the sales reports (combinations, less necessary).

• cherif.noro
  • Trial users
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:05 PM #90

Currently variations can't be added separately via the admin panel interface; they can only be generated. Generation removes all the variations that you created for this product earlier. This behavior is covered in 2 documentation articles:
Adding product variations
Differences between product variations and option combinations

Thank you for bringing this up; I've posted a feature request concerning this.

hi
on Cs-Cart development http://dev.demo.mv.cs-cart.com, the possibility  to add variations separately is present,
When they will be provided to users?
391405651.png

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:45 AM #91

I feel that the lack of ability to just add new variations without affecting those existing will be an issue for us.

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2351 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:11 AM #92

I feel that the lack of ability to just add new variations without affecting those existing will be an issue for us.

Yes we can't make the switch before this has been changed.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:45 AM #93

hi
on Cs-Cart development http://dev.demo.mv.cs-cart.com, the possibility  to add variations separately is present,
When they will be provided to users?
391405651.png

Hi, in 4.7.2 we will release this features.

Also we will include ability to import export variations. Including creation of new variations via import. Import/Export improvements also available at dev.demo.cs-cart.com

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Josep
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:00 AM #94

Also we will include ability to import export variations. Including creation of new variations via import. Import/Export improvements also available at dev.demo.cs-cart.com

Hi Imac,

My suppliers provide me with product listings in the form of variations like T-shirt blue L, T-shirt blue XL,..., but I need to show them in the store within configurable products.

What will be the workflow of importing product variations and creating the configurable product at the same time?

Cs-cart 4.7.2

• cherif.noro
  • Trial users
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:28 AM #95

this is a great news
also i find Issue on Product Variations when i tested.
when you add a new variations and click ok, you will see PHP Warning .
Bug tracker:

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:00 PM #96

this is a great news
also i find Issue on Product Variations when i tested.
when you add a new variations and click ok, you will see PHP Warning .
Bug tracker:

Thank you. We will fix this in 4.7.2 and provide the fix in bug report.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:06 PM #97

Hi Imac,

My suppliers provide me with product listings in the form of variations like T-shirt blue L, T-shirt blue XL,..., but I need to show them in the store within configurable products.

What will be the workflow of importing product variations and creating the configurable product at the same time?

Hi, I asked our tech writer to provide you instructions on how to organize such workflow. He will be back to you within 1-2 days.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:28 AM #98

Hi Imac,

Hello, Josep. Here are a few points on how the import of variations and configurable products will work in 4.7.2:

1. Variations will be imported together with configurable products, as separate entries in the same CSV file.

2. The Product code column in the CSV file still serves to distinguish new products from existing ones. So, if a product (or a variation) with the specified code is found in the store, it will be overwritten.

3. The Product type column in the CSV file determines if a product is simple (P), configurable (C), or a variation of a configurable product (V).

4. The order of entries in the CSV files is important: first there must be an entry of the configurable product, and the entries for its variations must come right after it, in the following lines. If you insert a line with a simple product between variations (like CVPV instead of PCVV or CVVP), you'll get an error.

5. There will be a new column called Variation options that must be filled in for each variation. It will contain the information about the option variants that comprise this variation. Naturally, two different variations of a single configurable product can't have the same variation options.

If you'd like, you can already try importing a product with variations on http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com. There is a configurable product with variations called T-shirt; you can export it, see how the product and its variations are organized, and then import a product of your own. I've attached a CSV file and an image that shows how the exported configurable product looks in the spreadsheet editor. Imported products will look similar (except that your imported file will probably have more columns with prices, quantities, etc.)

I hope that answers your question. Please feel free to ask if some of these points aren't clear; we are currently working on documentation regarding this functionality, so your questions may help us improve the articles.

Attached Thumbnails

• variations.png

Attached Files

• Josep
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:52 AM #99

Hello, Josep. Here are a few points on how the import of variations and configurable products will work in 4.7.2:

1. Variations will be imported together with configurable products, as separate entries in the same CSV file.

2. The Product code column in the CSV file still serves to distinguish new products from existing ones. So, if a product (or a variation) with the specified code is found in the store, it will be overwritten.

3. The Product type column in the CSV file determines if a product is simple (S), configurable (C), or a variation of a configurable product (V).

4. The order of entries in the CSV files is important: first there must be an entry of the configurable product, and the entries for its variations must come right after it, in the following lines. If you insert a line with a simple product between variations (like CVPV instead of PCVV or CVVP), you'll get an error.

5. There will be a new column called Variation options that must be filled in for each variation. It will contain the information about the option variants that comprise this variation. Naturally, two different variations of a single configurable product can't have the same variation options.

If you'd like, you can already try importing a product with variations on http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com. There is a configurable product with variations called T-shirt; you can export it, see how the product and its variations are organized, and then import a product of your own. I've attached a CSV file and an image that shows how the exported configurable product looks in the spreadsheet editor. Imported products will look similar (except that your imported file will probably have more columns with prices, quantities, etc.)

I hope that answers your question. Please feel free to ask if some of these points aren't clear; we are currently working on documentation regarding this functionality, so your questions may help us improve the articles.

Hello Ikoshkin,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

1.- Ok

2.- Ok

3.- Ok

4.- Ok, but this requires more work preparing the CSV file prior to import.

5.- Ok, this new column Variation options is logical that it is necessary.
     Although I think you could try that, when filling in this column in product variations, the Options column of the configurable product was not necessary and was created automatically.
     The Options column is the most laborious to create by hand.

I have done the tests in http://dev.demo.cs-cart.comchanging the reference of the products of the CSV file that you have provided me and effectively creating the configurable product with its variations in a correct way.

I want to propose another solution to create configurable products from previously imported product variations. To see if it would be possible.

1.- Import Product variations as variable products (marked as V in column Type)

2.- Select products imported in Backend=>Manage products

3.- Click on new option named "Create configurable product based on products selected"

4.- The previous button opens a popup or page with a form in which the necessary data (name, options, variants,...) are requested to create the configurable product linked to the products previously selected.

I do not know if this would be very complicated to do but it would make the job much easier for the store administrators, since each provider offers the data in a different way.

Thank you

Josep

Cs-cart 4.7.2

• mattcaswell
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:28 PM #100

QUICKBOOKS IMPORT ISSUE:   If the customer used a coupon on the sale and got a discount on the order, the IFF can't be imported because it's looking for the discounted prices in column G and possibly in Column J.  I couldn't get the invoice to import until I adjusted these columns to match the order total.

perhaps adding the total discount in the SPL lines section would correct this issue so the total would balance with the total in column F in the payment section.

Thank you for fixing this bug in the best e-commerce package around!

Matthew Caswell

store.dryheatembroidery.com