Introducing Cs-Cart 4.6.1 With Product Variations

Looks like CKeditor is being removed, is that right?

Hi, guys!

Your Filters isn`t working with Product Variations. I think it is important if you have some different size or colors.

Are you going to do the Filters? Is it possible?

I'm guessing we still can't search(filter) or clone global product options?

I don't see it either. So must be out.

I don't see it either. So must be out.

Yes, it was removed

Yes, it was removed

Can we know a reason?

We waited long for this exciting feature addon for variation for products.

We do have over 40k products and we have about 15k items that they need variation.

The chanllenge we are facing now and trying to implement and benefit from this great feature that were missing is that. Since these items were not available before what we did was we created a different items for every products that they have a variations for example such as colors in its own titles and SEO

For example we were selling a bathroom faucets that they have different colors (chrome, bronze, brass ….)

We did a test with one sample and we created an Option with colors and then then we did generate a variations and we did update all products names as if customer select different colors they should be able to see the related title name for the item.

1. As I included the screenshot of main product we had and we did a clone from it for a test that has existing product image already set.

2. Then we created options with different colors (Polish Chrome, and Brass color)

3. We generate variation and give different name two both items to be unique.

Now we go to website there is a challenge there for us. When we select the different option the product title doesn’t change and URL stay the same.

I have seen this with other sites that the product titles and URL are changing when you select different finishes.

And also since we already have all these individual items made and have different descriptions for every colors we like the descriptions also to be change.

Like these website https://www.mrdirectint.com/7042-abr-antique-bronze-two-handle-lavatory-faucet.html

as you see the image, title, seo, descriptions .

Are we doing something wrong or is this how it works, and cscart is working on it to fix it since it is in Beta Version.

Sorry for the long description but we are waited for a long time. And we hope there should be a way to implement all these.

First two additions are great. Long waited variations and admin panel improvements.

Will Product variations be put into Google Feed? Are you treating them like a SKU on their own?

Thanks

Yes, variations will be seperate items in google feed. But you should fill in the GTIN on Features tab.

In case GTIN of variation is empty CS-Cart will use variation SKU as GTIN.

We waited long for this exciting feature addon for variation for products.

We do have over 40k products and we have about 15k items that they need variation.

The chanllenge we are facing now and trying to implement and benefit from this great feature that were missing is that. Since these items were not available before what we did was we created a different items for every products that they have a variations for example such as colors in its own titles and SEO

For example we were selling a bathroom faucets that they have different colors (chrome, bronze, brass ….)

We did a test with one sample and we created an Option with colors and then then we did generate a variations and we did update all products names as if customer select different colors they should be able to see the related title name for the item.

1. As I included the screenshot of main product we had and we did a clone from it for a test that has existing product image already set.

2. Then we created options with different colors (Polish Chrome, and Brass color)

3. We generate variation and give different name two both items to be unique.

Now we go to website there is a challenge there for us. When we select the different option the product title doesn’t change and URL stay the same.

I have seen this with other sites that the product titles and URL are changing when you select different finishes.

And also since we already have all these individual items made and have different descriptions for every colors we like the descriptions also to be change.

Like these website https://www.mrdirectint.com/7042-abr-antique-bronze-two-handle-lavatory-faucet.html

as you see the image, title, seo, descriptions .

Are we doing something wrong or is this how it works, and cscart is working on it to fix it since it is in Beta Version.

Sorry for the long description but we are waited for a long time. And we hope there should be a way to implement all these.

Hi, albertpro.

Thank you for detailed question.

I answered regarding the separate SEO names in this post: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/48272-introducing-a-new-prototype%E2%80%94product-variations-a-better-implementation-of-product-option-combinations/?view=findpost&p=274174

I decided not to include this feature (separate SEO names and metas) because it would significantly increase complexity of the Variations functionality and as a result the speed of improvements will decrease.

About the example: https://www.mrdirect...ory-faucet.html From one point of view you get the advantage of SEO optimizations. But from other side customer should wait for page to reload, wether in our case it is AJAX request which is faster. So our realizatdion is more user friendly.

Thank you for adding this amazing new feature. We have had a play around with this and we feel this has been missing for years.

We have come across an issue with exporting data via the inbuilt data feeds add-on. We had to remap some lines to allow Google to read our feed with variations (changing page title to product name for the Title). We are really struggling with descriptions. Google need a description for all items submitted to them via the feed. This has never been an issue before, however Google will not read any description in our feed when we are trying to upload a variation item.

Has anyone else had this issue or could the devs let me know how we can add a parents description to a variation item when uploading to Google Merchant Centre.

Also, we have come across a second issue with variation listings.We converted a standard listing to a variation listing with 7 variations. The issue is they are not showing in the product category they are in when we go the the category in the font end. The products come up in the search when typed in the search bar. The parent and variations are set as active (not hidden or disabled) and all variations are in stock. Its either a bug or we are doing something wrong, however we have been using cs cart from many years and we are pretty sure we have done everything correctly.

Yes, it was removed

No mention of this in the changelog, do you have ex-Apple employees now working at cscart :-)

Is there some reason for the removal of CKedit? :confused:

I noticed after the update , if I update a product , on the main admin page under recent activity all products are listed as updated instead of just the one product I updated, also the credit card expiration date is now visible where it was not before the update. Is this how it suppose to be?

Thank you

Joe

If you update on the 'manage' page for products then all products in that listing are updated whether changes were made to them or not. If you want to update a single product, go to the 'update' page (edit product).

Regarding CC expiration, are you referring to what's listed in the admin orders.manage page in the Payment area?

If you collect CC data on your site and have the 'remove CC data' set for that order status, then the expiry should become XX/XX (or similar). But this can be payment method specific depending on what field a particular payment method uses for the expiry (cs-cart only obliterates specific fields) that relate to the 'cc.tpl' template.

If you update on the 'manage' page for products then all products in that listing are updated whether changes were made to them or not. If you want to update a single product, go to the 'update' page (edit product).

Regarding CC expiration, are you referring to what's listed in the admin orders.manage page in the Payment area?

If you collect CC data on your site and have the 'remove CC data' set for that order status, then the expiry should become XX/XX (or similar). But this can be payment method specific depending on what field a particular payment method uses for the expiry (cs-cart only obliterates specific fields) that relate to the 'cc.tpl' template.

Thank you Tony.

As far as the credit card issue, all my order statuses are set to remove CC and it always has been this way on 3 stores and before the update to 4.6.1 the Expiration date was shown as XX/XX but after the update it does show the date. I wonder if this is how it is suppose to be now. Can anyone confirm this.

Thank you

Joe

It appears that the fn_cleanup_payment_info() function no longer obscures the expiry. Only the 'cvv2' and 'card_number' fields are obscured.

Looks like changelog.txt is no longer being updated, but instead there is a URL to look at changes: http://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/history/index.html

I searched for 'expir' and...

In the "Adapt your addons to 4.6.1" section, there is a line of:

fn_cleanup_payment_info no longer obfuscates card expiration date.

So I guess it's documented, just not in an area that a merchant might look.

It appears that the fn_cleanup_payment_info() function no longer obscures the expiry. Only the 'cvv2' and 'card_number' fields are obscured.

Looks like changelog.txt is no longer being updated, but instead there is a URL to look at changes: http://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/history/index.html

That explains it. Thank you Tony

Joe

These changes are listed in the changelog (http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.6.x/history/461.html)

[!] {#6734} Core: Payments: Card expiration date was obfuscated when cleaning up sensitive payment data, even though PCI DSS doesn’t require doing it. Fixed.

341.png

didn't show in changelog.txt when I did a search on the new page.

Why did you stop having the changelog.txt be in the releases? Much easier to see what changelog.txt relates to the client's installed version.

Additionally is it really a bug because it wasn't mandated by PCI but was done for security purposes?

didn't show in changelog.txt when I did a search on the new page.

Why did you stop having the changelog.txt be in the releases? Much easier to see what changelog.txt relates to the client's installed version.

It was decided that changelog should be kept in the documentation.

Additionally is it really a bug because it wasn't mandated by PCI but was done for security purposes?

You can find details on the following page:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6734-fn-cleanup-payment-info-removes-expiration-year-and-month/

If I add 10 variations initially, and then come back later and add an 11th, the previous 10 will be deleted.