• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 Final Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:12 PM #241

CS-Cart 3.1 will not be released. Instead it is named CS-Cart 4.0 Its accessible in labs.

Then I am very disappointed in 4.0. No new significant features to justify the upgrade. I have been following the labs for months and keep waiting for something exciting to show up. Once again, it just looks like a repackaged merger of Pro and Ultimate on top of a new CSS framework. Same old addons and functionality. I hope they are hiding all the good stuff to show us before it is released :)

• miracles
  • Members
  • 1533 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:16 PM #242

Then I am very disappointed in 4.0. No new significant features to justify the upgrade. I have been following the labs for months and keep waiting for something exciting to show up. Once again, it just looks like a repackaged merger of Pro and Ultimate on top of a new CSS framework. Same old addons and functionality. I hope they are hiding all the good stuff to show us before it is released :)

Dude they are only showing the trailer. Whole movie is yet to be release my friend :D
CS-CART 3.0.6 GRENADE

Please vote for CDN Add-on

For SEO Article Submission, Forum Profile Links, Web 2.0 links, contact me through PM.

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1179 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:36 PM #243

Dude they are only showing the trailer. Whole movie is yet to be release my friend :D

I hope you are correct, but in the past the labs has matched the final release functionality very closely.

• BluBT
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:31 PM #244

You guys are relentless and have obviously never done software development!

First off, I'd much rather they do it right and take a while longer than generate crap.

Second, the upgrade for 2.0 didn't come until 2.0.8. No one every committed to when an upgrade would be available for 3.0, but everyone has assumed it would be 3.0.2. Personally, until 3.0.x is stable, I think an upgrade would be a waste of time and energy because no one's going to take a stable, running business and upgrade to an unstable version of software. At least no one who runs a real business would.

Give them a break. You think they're not working hard to get you reasonable software in a reasonable time frame? A new major version of software is a BIG deal. Focus should be on getting it stable and bugs fixed, then provide an upgrade path.

Lets say upgrade is available in 3.0.2. My personal approach would still be to wait till about 3.0.4, then do the upgrade to 3.0.2, 3.0.3 and 3.0.4. My expectation is that by that time, things should be production-ready to run a businesses storefront.

Breathe....

I've just read what you posted RE: v4 in different threads and now reading this post from last year. I have done all of these upgrades and am now at 3.0.6 (what a headache so far).
What is your advice regarding jumping up and into V4 from 3.0.6 ....should i launch my 3.0.6 and make some income instead of dinking around with V4 upgrade, and just wait on upgrading...keep my currently working great addons.... untill next year when V5 comes out? or should i just revert to the 2.x that i've never seen and be a happy camper?
~B.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11362 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:09 AM #245

First rule I use is'if it ain't broke don't fix it. As a merchant your business is NOT constantly upgrading software, but rather running your business. If history is any indicator, it will take 4-5 releases of V4 before it is commercially viable. Personally, my site is still at V2.2.5 which is quite stable and does everything I need it to do. Yes, there are a few quirks/issues to work around but that's measured in minutes or seconds, not days.

As a developer, I invested weeks of work into V3, only to have to throw it all away after a few months. Certainly won't invest that kind of unpaid time in V4. I may be slow but I do learn my lessons well.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2302 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:53 AM #246

I've just read what you posted RE: v4 in different threads and now reading this post from last year. I have done all of these upgrades and am now at 3.0.6 (what a headache so far).
What is your advice regarding jumping up and into V4 from 3.0.6 ....should i launch my 3.0.6 and make some income instead of dinking around with V4 upgrade, and just wait on upgrading...keep my currently working great addons.... untill next year when V5 comes out? or should i just revert to the 2.x that i've never seen and be a happy camper?
~B.

If you're happy with your 3 store and it's ready, just launch. You will learn loads .. which you can use building your store in 4 (assuming you'll want to upgrade).

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• BluBT
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:34 PM #247

Thanks you guys for the input of experience! It makes sense as well, like all new software and or technologies, its a good idea to wait through a couple of versions and bug fixes before attaining it as a useful tool. I'm going to stick with what I have worked with so far and GO CS-CART make it bigger better, faster, secure, and work out the bugs and make this package WORK!

~B.

• Rainner
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:48 PM #248

Are there any trial download links still up for version 3 releases? Thanks.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19690 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:37 AM #249

Are there any trial download links still up for version 3 releases? Thanks.

You can contact CS-Cart support team and they will provide you with the 3.0.6 package.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.