CS-Cart 3 Final Released

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1337696189' post='137013']

Does cs-cart3 work with php4? i.e. has this issue really been fixed:

Strict Standards: Declaration of SmartyEngine_Core::display() should be compatible

The dev was not able to reproduce the issue, likely because he was not using php5.4

[/quote]

CS-Cart 3 does not support PHP 4. It is stated in the official system requirements for CS-Cart that PHP 5.1 to 5.3 must be used.

PHP 5.4 is not yet supported, though we are working on it.

After I installed Ultimate version and tried to see frontend I've seen this error: Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “exception.tpl” in /home/accesor1/public_html/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I have to mention that for the domain I used www. in front of the domain name.

BUG

demo site professional & ultimate are with blank hot deals & banner block using firefox 12 (ps all well using chrome)

One more question, how do you add products to compare list in new version?

This is due to difference in default error reporting with release of PHP 5.4

I edited the following, cleared caches + opcode caches (e.g. XCache or APC) and no problems running CS-Cart with PHP 5.4

edit config.local.php change this:-

if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.0', '>=')) {
error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_DEPRECATED);
}

to this

if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.0', '>=')) {
error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~(E_DEPRECATED | E_STRICT));
}

@thelight

Controll your config.local and htaccess

Setting: General

What this settings do?

Disregard product options when calculating quantity discounts:

this settings is not in the documentation

[quote name='posto' timestamp='1337706285' post='137028']

Setting: General

What this settings do?

Disregard product options when calculating quantity discounts:

this settings is not in the documentation

[/quote]

This setting will allow product discounts for e.g. different sizes of products to be added together to give the discount.

Say you have shoes, and you offer discounts for 10 pairs, with this option, 5 size 6 shoes and 5 size 7 shoes will be added together to give the discount for 10 items.

John

sorry but customers reviews work or not ?

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1337706868' post='137029']

Say you have shoes, and you offer discounts for 10 pairs, with this option, 5 size 6 shoes and 5 size 7 shoes will be added together to give the discount for 10 items.

[/quote]

Ah, oke thank you john

How to upgrade from CSCart3 RC3 to the released version?

Is the upgrade script/tool available yet?

There are database schema changes, so I will need help in this area.

[quote name='cs070808' timestamp='1337707297' post='137033']

How to upgrade from CSCart3 RC3 to the released version?

Is the upgrade script/tool available yet?

There are database schema changes, so I will need help in this area.

[/quote]

is it too hard to read few posts back

[quote name='posto' timestamp='1337706285' post='137028']

@thelight

Controll your config.local and htaccess

[/quote]

I reinstall without www. in front of domain name and now it's working… well sort of it; I had for a few seconds this message before I enter in admin

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/accesor1/public_html/core/fn.requests.php on line 101

[quote name='thelight' timestamp='1337712530' post='137036']

I reinstall without www. in front of domain name and now it's working… well sort of it; I had for a few seconds this message before I enter in admin

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/accesor1/public_html/core/fn.requests.php on line 101

[/quote]

Per the system requirements, safe_mode must be disabled.

The bug tracker doesn't seem to be available atm, so here is a summary.

Bug 1: Unable to save “Settings:Company” details when admin.php changed to another name. A 404 page is displayed. Oops! We were unable to find what you were looking for.

Bug 2: Cache set to sqlite returns a displayed (and error log) random warning of Unable to execute statement: database is locked. This has been mentioned here http://forum.cs-cart…__fromsearch__1

Bug 3: Offline credit card payments still puts in X for the first 12 numbers as mentioned by AmitP http://forum.cs-cart…d/page__st__500 This show-stopper bug is already in the bug tracker.

RC Bug Tracker: [url=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-3140-offline-cc-payment-not-working-as-intended/”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-3140-offline-cc-payment-not-working-as-intended/[/url]

Cheers

So I have been testing every RC from 1 through to 6, now that the final product is available, I have to purchase a license just to download the final v3 files? I will be purchasing a license within the next 30 days should the functionality work (ie. bugs in RC fixed), but previous versions allowed me to download a trial, install and play around with before committing with purchasing a license - so why is there no 30 day trial anymore, just a 15 day demo hosted by CS-Cart?

[quote name='Raeandy' timestamp='1337718133' post='137041']

The bug tracker doesn't seem to be available atm, so here is a summary.

Bug 1: Unable to save “Settings:Company” details when admin.php changed to another name. A 404 page is displayed. Oops! We were unable to find what you were looking for.

[/quote]

You changes this line in confic.local.php?

// Names of index files for administrative and customer areas

$config['admin_index'] = 'admin```php .php';

[quote name=‘AmitP’ timestamp=‘1337687585’ post=‘136999’]

Honestly think you may need to read through the information that has already been provided by members and staff here.

[/quote]

a link to it might help? I’ve started last week with RC6 based on the basis of:

"UPD: When the final release is out, we will introduce a special script to migrate database from CS-Cart 3 RC to the final version.

So you can start filling up the database in the RC – you will be able to transfer it to the final version when it’s released. "

how about searchanize it just hangs on posting to your api…anything about it ?

also is drop ship fixed ?

[quote name='vanderex' timestamp='1337724541' post='137051']

also is drop ship fixed ?

[/quote]

No, suppliers functionality is still absent, but they did change the uservoice requesting it be put back in, to “planned”.

See link here: http://cscart.uservo…to-ultimate-edi

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1337718481' post='137042']

so why is there no 30 day trial anymore, just a 15 day demo hosted by CS-Cart?

[/quote]

What do you mean? There is a trial available in the same place it has always been