Will 2.0 allow for multiple storefronts?

Will there be a way to run multiple storefronts off of one database in 2.0 (either on the same domain or on different)? I did not see this ability in v1.

yes multiple storefront or mall / vendor capability will be available in the near future of the CS 2.0 branch, there is no ETA yet but it is in the works and will be available…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]yes multiple storefront or mall / vendor capability will be available in the near future of the CS 2.0 branch, there is no ETA yet but it is in the works and will be available…[/quote]

I will quote you sir…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]yes multiple storefront or mall / vendor capability will be available in the near future of the CS 2.0 branch, there is no ETA yet but it is in the works and will be available…[/QUOTE]

Yes, but about? ( near future ?..The I see in my lifetime …):wink:

any dates ? ( month/year)

is that there will be several templates?

Google site map ?

Ebay export … ?

System requirement ?

categories in the top and not on the side? or only sub cat in the side ?

The transition from 1.35 to 2 she will be completely possible?

Regard

[I][COLOR=“DarkOrange”](
i think this is very important …)[/COLOR][/I]

sam

[COLOR=“Red”][I]I can contribute for the french translatte because the french translatte in beta is very very S
^#/
±… :-)[/I][/COLOR]

I am urgently looking for multiple brandspecific storefronts with one back-end (orderpicking module).

Anybody can help me?

What I want;

Let say I’ve a electronics store with multiple brands. This is shop URL 1 with shop templete 1.

A selection of this shop is available in a brand specific webshop. Let say www.sony-electronics.com and www.jvc-electronics.com and www.panasonic-electronics.com.

All these derivate stores have their specific template/design.

Important is that all orders are handled by one orderprocessing backend. My supplier is only able to handle one backend. It is not possible that he will switch between severall backends this due to the quality of his employees.

Product/category might be handled by severall backends or a single one.

Anybody has a suggestion?

Like to have this operational after the summer.

Looking foirward to your suggestions and solutions.

Rein

this would be a great feature.

If CS-Cart could support multiple store fronts on multiple domains that would be great :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘adders’]If CS-Cart could support multiple store fronts on multiple domains that would be great :)[/QUOTE]

I will also suggest this if they’re serious about this feature!!!

iM using TYPO3 CMS for some time with future “multiply sites on multiply domains” very easy to maintain lot of sites )) great feature!

Well I for one would be 100% certain to upgrade to 2.0 if this feature were available.

I run 4 stores at the moment and expect to ultimately run 6 - 7.

All sell similar products, some just certian product areas.

If I could track stock levels using CS-Cart across all sites you would have at least this customer for life (and I’m sure many, many more).

Cheers

hello

how work multiple storefont in 2.03 ?

it’s possible ? i find but …nothing …

thanks

Hello … i find how i can run multiplre storefont in cs-cart 2

just 2/3 category not similar … and design different ( logo template and news )

any idea

Thanks …

[quote name=‘snorocket’][COLOR=“Red”]yes multiple storefront or mall [/COLOR]/ vendor capability will be available in the near future of the CS 2.0 branch, there is no ETA yet but it is in the works and will be available…[/QUOTE]orefo,n

hello

Any news for mutiple store ???:wink:

best regards

sam

Hi,

I too would really love to see multiple storefronts with different domains but all run from one back end.

I have been looking for this feature for years but have only ever found cs cart that is any good as a single shop and never a multiple shop solution that is any good.

Is this still being planned on being implemented within cs cart and if so when?

if there is no chance of this being added in the near future what solutions are other people using instead?

cheers

jay

Is this in the works or can this be done with cs-cart?

If someone needs to develop it, how much would this cost?

Is there anyone who is willing to pitch in to get this developed?

Hi all,

First posting here, so please be gentle with me.

I asked CS-Cart for a quote for a multi-store mod a couple of months ago. The quote came in at $2000 (US). So this will give you an idea.

Like many of you I’ve been continually hunting the Holy Grail of shopping carts for the last 18 months in search of a truly integrated system which can manage all inventory items on one DB but have multiple store fronts, which each have their own skins, shipping rules and promotions etc.

Together with promotions, gift registry, good SEO features etc.

I would love to go with CS-CArt but will probably wait until it supports multi-stores.

CREloaded has a multi-store add-on but I don’t know what it is like and have not installed it as a demo yet.

www.viart.com has multi-store as standard, but appears to be a bit quirky and the site is not updated that often so dont’ know what support is like but forum users seem loyal and passionate.

For the most integrated back-end of any ecommerce system I’ve seen (IMHO) have a look at:-

[url]http://demo.thisispearl.com/admin/[/url]

This backend appears to blow the competition away (I’d be interested to hear what you say).

I think this should be the level of integration that CS-Cart (and others) should work towards.

It DOES support MULTIPLE store-fronts as well.

The downside is that it is only available as a hosted solution and the front end is very basic (when compared to CS-Cart) additionally the pricing model is not attractive for multi-stores.

£45 for the back-end and then £80 (£60 store-front + £20 hosting) per store-front per month. So a 3 store set up will be £285 per month. Which I think is unviable.

For interest sake the following carts also look very interesting:-

www.opencart.com

This is super-clean and super-fast with some nice features, this could really grow.

www.tomatocart.com

Strange name, radically innovative back-end and open-source, the vision of this cart is fantastic if it gets the following it deserves.

Anyway I would love to move across to CS-Cart but in the meantime I’ll play the waiting game.

I may be interested in sharing costs of development of a CS-Cart multi-store add-on if we could get a minimum of 4 of us involved though.

Cheers

Nick

I am sure there must be a least 4 of us interested in this feature, in fact it would be hard to belive that most people who use cs-cart wouldn’t be interested in such a feature so why if it is only going to cost $2000 cs-cart don’t just add it.

If they did they would then have a USP that no other cart seems to have and would surely easily make back the $2000 in increase sales.

I haven’t messed with it for a while, but doesn’t Magento support something like multiple stores?

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I haven’t messed with it for a while, but doesn’t Magento support something like multiple stores?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do, along with some other nice features like better order management (multiple shipments with separate shipping information and basic backorder support). Something to look forward to, I hope.

Bob

A full featured Magento seems to be about $8500, so $2000 for a multiple store front version of cs-cart seems like a bargin

I know the problem with multiple people putting in for a feature like this is everybody agreeing on exactly they want and how they want it to function.

personally i am looking for multiple store front to work like this

1 back end for managment of shops products and orders

each shop must be able to have its own front end design cart and checkout process running under its own domain

each shop must be able to have its own payment methods and shipping options

I would also like it to have an umbrella site which is a more generic mall style shop that can contain any of the products selected from any of the individual shops

is this similar to what other people are looking for?

Jay