Will 2.0 allow for multiple storefronts?

[QUOTE]is this similar to what other people are looking for?

Jay[/QUOTE]

Sounds as if you pretty much covered the necessities!

I would just add: Each shop should have full control over which products are displayed from the core database. (This would also give you your Mall shop effect.)

CS-Cart had something like this a while ago. The called it CS-Mall. They actually gave me a copy to use and test. It was pretty neat, but not what I needed.

I haven’t used it for a while, but maybe CS-Cart will let you download a copy as well?

As for Magento, I looked into it a while back. The cart is pretty nice and even the free one allowed for multiple stores with one backend. My only problem was that I had a heck of a time modifying the templates.

Brandon

I was curious to see how people would work this with their ssl. How would you have multiple domain checkouts on one server?

I will ask cs-cart about cs-cart mall but do you have by any chance still got your copy knocking around?

cheers J

Yes I do, but CS-Cart was pretty specific to licensing it to me. It would be best to talk to CS-Cart and see if they will let you test out CS-Mall.

Brandon

I did some checking and I guess I still have this running. You can see the store at:

http://cs-mall.saltwatertogo.com

PM me if you want to see the backend.

Brandon

Hi all,

As with a previous poster I think it would be great to deploy sites to unique URLs with their own categories which can be SEO’d for specific products and keywords.

I am currently running 3 stores using another ecommerce package which have seperate back-end administration. (Although I would love full integration).

We currently handle 600-800 orders a month.

Most of our inventory is common to all 3 stores but due to the way we have grown and the software we used our primary stock-control is still carried out manually using a hard-copy printout as we have not managed to integrate our inventory onto one database as each store has it’s own database.

So for me, the common back-end would be a way of consolidating our stock-control with the database updating according to orders received across all 3 stores but would only need to be updated with new stock on the one database for all of the stores.

Additionally, a basic form of Automatic Stock Ordering would be great. (Purchase Orders in Quickbooks). So that automatic stock request emails/reports could be generated according to low stock by Supplier.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks

PS Have been building a new store using CS-Cart and have been really impressed by it so far. Also had a technical query which was sorted out within 2 hours!! Great.

I’m simply needing to franchise my business at some point in the near future so I have some specific needs. Keep in mind that many of my franchisees might not be technically savvy but part of the franchise is a hosted website…which would make it easy enough to handle updates and push fresh inventory database updates…etc. Albeit to one store and one url at a time.

So…

1. Manage multiple stores and url’s from one backend.
  2. Monitor sales and statistics from one backend…a general over view.
  3. Mass update of catalog via db updates.
  4. Somehow you need the store owners to have the ability to protect their current pricing, etc, just in case they want to keep things as they are unless the update is categorized as mandatory or something along those lines.

I read somewhere that a CS-Mall solution will be around $2000.

To get things moving I like to start with donating €500 for a proper CS-Mall solution

My ‘must haves’ are:

1. Manage multiple stores with each their own identity/template from one back-end
  2. Monitor sales and product description/pricing from one back-end
  3. Statistics in single back-end and each store has their own google adwords and google analytics tracking
  4. Per store product categories and products can be selected from the central DB
  5. No differentiation in prices per store is needed (shop related prices is nice to have but is no show stopper)
  6. Advertisments/banners are shop related and managed from central back-end
  7. Confirmation mails to customers are in shop-related template
  8. payments in shop-related look&feel

9 SSL per shop

10 each shop must be able to have its own front end design cart and checkout process running under its own domain

11 Acceptable is that the product information is same for all shops.

However all other content is shop related (SEO protection)

OK. Anybody else who can live with this and is willing to put money on the table?

Please advise me how to get this moving. I like to have this working before november this year (trying to get ready for Xmass sales.)

R. Suijker

www.hobbygigant.nl

www.beekbergsewolhal.nl

bestelling {at}beekbergsewolhal.nl

[SIZE=“4”][COLOR=“Red”]I can contribute for this dev …[/COLOR][/SIZE]

1. Manage multiple stores with each their own identity/template from one back-end
  2. Monitor sales and product description/pricing from one back-end
  3. Statistics in single back-end and each store has their own google adwords and google analytics tracking
  4. Per store product categories and products can be selected from the central DB
  5. No differentiation in prices per store is needed (shop related prices is nice to have but is no show stopper)
  6. Advertisments/banners are shop related and managed from central back-end
  7. Confirmation mails to customers are in shop-related template
  8. payments in shop-related look&feel

9 SSL per shop

10 each shop must be able to have its own front end design cart and checkout process running under its own domain

11 Acceptable is that the product information is same for all shops.

12 per store bloc can be selected from the central back end

multiple storefront - great idea! :grin:

At the snorocket forum you will find more details regarding this project.

Currently several people are working on getting the requirements finalized. Also they are collecting donations to get CS-development team working on it.

See you there.

Rein

Bump,

Sure would be nice… I once ran two different stores but had them both pointed to the same data base for pictures and orders, would this work?

What data would need there own table in the data base ?

Vote for it at [URL]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/507551-one-back-end-multiple-store-fronts-like-magento-?ref=title[/URL]

I will pitch in with this too