Why CSCART is the slowest CMS that anyone in the history of earth has done?

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1363965034' post='158515']

That's hilarious!

[/quote]

Hillarious or not but half active forum posters here are affiliate resellers for cs cart.

Though it is sad you can't comment on clear numbers above.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1363961786' post='158509']

1 image shows homepage 1 shows category ho much slower with 100 products, BUT when using the site the feel of it is much quicker than the 6 seconds as quoted. No real server optimising has been done to this site except some config.local tweaks

http://www.elitesign…it-arrow-signs/

http://www.elitesignsandbanners.co.uk

[/quote]

6,5 sec isn't nice result for just 81products, not 100.

And you got no short desc. there and add to cart to clearly show the issue.

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1363962838' post='158511']

I have over 30,000 items and prolly around 20,000 categories.

[size=4]Now it loads with about 3-5[/size]

[/quote]

I salute you with 1min load catalogue with 128 per page listing and “products without options” formatting. http://www.harpermot…se/manuals.html

92 requests ❘ 1.0 MB transferred ❘ 1.7 min (onload: 1.0 min, DOMContentLoaded: 58.89 s)

[size=4]Guess what. Adding just a single product from such formatted catalogue taken me 1,2 minutes.[/size]

Will you ask as well “why on earth do you need to list 128 per products per page?” after you've implemented it in your store?

Your front page is loading indeed in 3-5 seconds. If you only care about your customers to stare at front page, sorry I don't, I need to give them ability to quickly see large list, add what they need and checkout.

[color=#FFFFFF]92 requests ❘ 1.0 MB transferred ❘ 1.7 min (onload: 1.0 min, DOMContentLoaded: 58.89 s)[/color]

[size=4]CS cart is promoting 96 products per page listing even in own live demo. Though smart guys keeping all demo catalogues under 30 products, so you can't see how those 96 products load in that live demo.[/size]

[quote name=‘maxst’ timestamp=‘1363969031’ post=‘158523’]

6,5 sec isn’t nice result for just 81products, not 100.

And you got no short desc. there and add to cart to clearly show the issue.

I salute you with 20 sec load catalogue with 128 per page listing.http://www.harpermoto.com/main-data-base/manuals.html

And that’s just with image, name and price per product nothing else.

Will you ask as well “why on earth do you need to list 128 per products per page?” after you’ve implemented it in your store?

CS cart is promoting 96 products per page listing even in own live demo. Though smart guys keeping all demo catalogues under 30 products, so you can’t see how those 96 products load in that live demo.

[/quote]

2 points…

1 damn I didnt realise I had replied to 1 of your posts :-(

2; I wasnt saying it was good I was giving a comparison

[quote name='maxst' timestamp='1363891963' post='158406']

Check how fast these 500 products are displayed? http://www.alza.cz/p#f&pg=1/20&po=1

Cs cart displays 96 way slower with a stupid blank page hang at start and again with 20 sec hangs for each add to cart…NO matter what server you put CS cart on…

What answer do you want to get on “Buy why on earth would you want to do that?” If you are happy how fast 10-50 products fly with cs cart even on shared hosting, just don't tell people who need a bit more from it that they are stupid and they don't need it. This is E-Commerce platform after all, that is being compared even with magento.

[/quote]

1. I agree that site is loading pretty fast. I still think it's not pretty useless to have that many products on one page, but that's another story, so let's forget about that.
  2. I never said someone was stupid. I said the Opening post was a stupid ranting post, which it is. It's a typical post that we can't do much with. It would have been much better to ask, in a friendly way, how others are handling the problem than to start a post ranting about how something is the worst ever. This simply serves no purpose. About the many database queries: I am curious to get an answer from cs-cart about this and I suggest you mailing them - in a nice way.
  3. I agree cs-cart could be faster, but I never had any problems with a cs-cart front side being slow. Not even on a shared host, on which I installed cs-cart once. Admin site, that's another story. If a site has many features, options, and so on the admin site can become pretty slow. In the end, it's always faster than Magento if you use the same server and do a side to side comparison.

I am NOT a reseller, and am very critical at times. Still I tried many other platforms (from bigcommerce to opencart) and am happy with cs-cart and how I use it to run my 3 shops, even though it certainly has it's quirks.

However, I also learned it's important to invest sometimes. If you want to load 500 images on a page and have a super loadtime, you will probably have to tune whichever cms you use. Then again, I have one page with 65 products or so, and it still loads in 3,7 seconds. It could be faster, but some facebook scripts are slowing it down a bit which is showing in testresults. As a user, you don't notice this though. Which brings me to my last comment: the only thing that is important is how fast a site feels to a visitor.

I had Alt-Team do a mod for our site as some of our filters were taking up to 18 seconds to load. (like filter by our most popular brand for example) Alt team didn't go into much detail about how they fixed the load time, but its now down to 1 or 2 seconds.

You can check out our site here; www.crushcosmetics.com.au - but bear in mind we are in Australia!

Nice Site Scott. Who is you host? are you running on cpanel? VPS?

Thanks Kogi. We were on a VPS for a while that really sucked - would slow down to a crawl every night at midnight (mustve been doing backups or something) We moved to a dedicated server with Netlogistics here in Aus - its expensive, but the interesting thing is, our sales went up 20% when we made the move.

Scott_c, nice site and I'm really sorry to hear you had to order modification for 12 products per page loading due to18 seconds loads with filters.

If you were to show more of them per page even Alt team won't be able to help you with performance ;/

Your sales could have gone even higher if customers were able to see larger catalogues fast.

Piss and Moan.

I see 2 people going on and on about the load time when displaying 128 products in a single category when, as stated previously, If you have 128 products in a single category, then you are definitely not cataloging properly to begin with.

CS-Cart is an extensible and feature-rich application and, as a developer, I enjoy the challenges of working with it.

If you can’t/won’t invest in server hardware to run an application like CS-Cart, then perhaps you would be better off with:

a) A hosted solution (Volusion, Shopify, OneCommerce, BigCommerce). You will still be on a shared hosting environment, some of them are not open source and extensible

B) A CMS system (Wordpress, Joomla) with an e-commerce extension to handle the commerce part. Security is an issue with Wordpress. All the E-Comm extensions for these two platforms are problematic.

3) An open source GPL E-Commerce solution - All of the above apply

CS-Cart could definitely be better written, condensed and rely on AJAX a lot less.

CS-Cart’s support team is slow to respond and are too busy deciding what requests are support requests and which could be referred to their custom development team and monetized.

I resell the software because I’ve invested the time and money to build a business around it.

I agree, cscart is feature rich and perhaps it's this fact that fools people into using too many features for their price range.

Those on a tight budget should concider very carefully all the options and addons they setup and thats the same in every cart.

My site should be ready soon to do my own testing, but from the start I've honed my needs on the hosting I can afford to throw at it. People should also understand that it takes some use of the site for all the ceche to build and if you are adding products while testing your site speed you are wasting your time.

It doesnt quite work like that. :-) Enacting that filter pulls hundreds of products across multiple categories. And that is a specific filter set by me, not built in by Cs Cart. Any other category/product pages loads within seconds.

Honestly, for the features, CS Cart is amazing, and for the price, even more so. Yes, you DO have to tweak it and fine tune it. but thats going to be the case with any ecommerce sofware right up to aspx and jsp enterprise level software. (that can cost $100k)

[quote name=‘maxst’ timestamp=‘1364046636’ post=‘158564’]

Scott_c, nice site and I’m really sorry to hear you had to order modification for 12 products per page loading due to18 seconds loads with filters.

If you were to show more of them per page even Alt team won’t be able to help you with performance ;/

Your sales could have gone even higher if customers were able to see larger catalogues fast.

[/quote]

Document Complete Fully Loaded Load Time First Byte Start Render DOM Elements Time Requests Bytes In Time Requests Bytes In First View 5.153s 1.538s 3.416s 666 5.153s 44 457 KB 5.153s 44 457 KB Repeat View 2.020s 1.125s 1.590s 666 2.020s 7 12 KB 2.087s 7 12 KB

Well who ever showed that my site was taking 53s to load, don't know what source your using, but here's my source information and its load times.

Also I only have 24 products per page and not every product needs options.

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1364411373' post='158835']

Document Complete Fully Loaded Load Time First Byte Start Render DOM Elements Time Requests Bytes In Time Requests Bytes In First View 5.153s 1.538s 3.416s 666 5.153s 44 457 KB 5.153s 44 457 KB Repeat View 2.020s 1.125s 1.590s 666 2.020s 7 12 KB 2.087s 7 12 KB

Well who ever showed that my site was taking 53s to load, don't know what source your using, but here's my source information and its load times.

Also I only have 24 products per page and not every product needs options.

[/quote]Hi, your site loads in 1 second from UK with a fiber cabel connection.

…and here in 1.02 seconds Website Speed Test | Pingdom Tools

[quote name='martfox' timestamp='1364411748' post='158838']

…and here in 1.02 seconds http://tools.pingdom…harpermoto.com

[/quote]

hm wish we could get that Google fiber installed here were I work.

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’ timestamp=‘1364411373’ post=‘158835’]howed that my site was taking 53s to load, don’t know what source your using, but here’s my source information and its load times.

[size=4]Also I only have 24 products per page and not every product needs options.[/size][/quote]

Did you read the rest other than “53s load time”? :)

[quote]1min load catalogue with [color=#ff0000][size=6]128 per page listing and “products without options” formatting. [/size][/color]http://www.harpermot…se/manuals.html[/quote]

Well I just did it with the 128 per page and took about 8 seconds.

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1364493888' post='158901']

[/quote]6 seconds from UK.

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1364493888' post='158901']

[/quote]

.00876 Milliseconds from Jupiter

You get broadband on Jupiter?