Why CSCART is the slowest CMS that anyone in the history of earth has done?

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1364568649' post='158949']

You get broadband on Jupiter?

[/quote]

If the Liberals have their way, probably not

Just noticed this topic, if interested try this website, it is the demo store cs-cart version 3.xx

www.ecopolar.net

Running on NGinx webserver, PHP-FPM + XCache 3.0.0, MySQL

VPS server optimized for running CS-Cart. Specification XEN virtualization (overselling of system resources not possible with XEN) 768M memory + guaranteed slice of 3.4GHz 4 cores.

No optimizations done to cs-cart store, test with 48 products on category pages.

Note www.ecopolar.com is running CS-Cart version 2.xx - This website is currently for sale.

Adrian8, I can't find a single category with 96 or more products. Which is reather bad example for described issue.

My experience with a radical slow down.

Quick View 9 seconds

Product detail page 36 seconds.

This was seemingly out of the blue BUT

( now this may be coincidental ) appeared

to have started after a server upgrade.

The new server had PHP 5.4 which is not

supported by CS-Cart 3

Had my site moved back to the old server with PHP 5.3

and bingo… back to 2 second page loads.

[quote name=‘termalert’ timestamp=‘1368076949’ post=‘161519’]

Had my site moved back to the old server with PHP 5.3

and bingo… back to 2 second page loads.

[/quote]

So basically what you are saying is the sudden slowdown was not coincidental: your site slowed down because you didn’t have the correct configuration after the upgrade :)

Anyway, I’m glad cs is moving forward and will be supporting php 5.4 with version 4, which is much quicker too than the 3 branch!

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]'So basically what you are saying is the sudden slowdown was not coincidental: your site slowed down because you didn't have the correct configuration after the upgrade'[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]If this means that the PHP 5.4 on the new server caused the slow down then I am guessing yes.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Is this what you mean by 'configuration' ?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I had tried some tweeks from these forums during the slowdown. No speedup.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]My web space was set up on the old server with PHP 5.3 and the cart was off[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]and racing again.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I am not a computer guru's b**hole and my assumption may not be well founded.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]This was simply an observation on my part.[/font][/color]