When will 2.1 or 2.0.15 be coming out?

I am waiting for it! I read it would be out in this month. Could anybody tell me the approximately date? Thanks!

In one thread I was told by Zack 05/15…

Latest date is “Alpha in the second half of May”.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=83954&postcount=29[/url]

Bob

The main question for me is, is the next version for live shops recommend, or only for testing purpose?

[quote name=‘Triplex’]The main question for me is, is the next version for live shops recommend, or only for testing purpose?[/QUOTE]

Testing only. It is an alpha version - not even ready for beta testing. It would be foolish to install this on a live site until some serious testing is done.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Testing only. It is an alpha version - not even ready for beta testing. It would be foolish to install this on a live site until some serious testing is done.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Mhh this isnt very good, i wait for this version to use it for an liveshop :frowning:

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Mhh this isnt very good, i wait for this version to use it for an liveshop :-([/QUOTE]

If they are alpha testing the end of May I would think you can expect a stable release of 2.1 sometime early to mid July.

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]If they are alpha testing the end of May I would think you can expect a stable release of 2.1 sometime early to mid July.[/QUOTE]

Quit speculating. When they are ready, they are ready. If you want to test it, test it. Why do you people want to be so damn impatient?

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Quit speculating. When they are ready, they are ready. If you want to test it, test it. Why do you people want to be so damn impatient?[/QUOTE]

:smiley: :smiley: Way to go!

I am so impatient, because i must to know how are my decision. When the 2.1 stable release need so very long then i must change the actually version 2.0.14 for SEo coding and so on. Thats the reason :slight_smile:

Normally i would like to take the new Version to change come things, but if it´s not stable it haves no sense…

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Quit speculating. When they are ready, they are ready. If you want to test it, test it. Why do you people want to be so damn impatient?[/QUOTE]

I am a web based software project manager by career, so I was merely gauging the testing time based on my experience aka an educated guess. I am not being impatient at all, I wouldn’t care if it came out in October as long as it’s stable. I think you need to stay away from the sugar… seems to be putting you on edge.

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]I am a web based software project manager by career, so I was merely gauging the testing time based on my experience aka an educated guess. I am not being impatient at all, I wouldn’t care if it came out in October as long as it’s stable. I think you need to stay away from the sugar… seems to be putting you on edge.[/quote]

I’ll take my sugar when I LIKE! (No… not now)

I’m in the same boat, I’m happy to wait and I can speculate that it would be released in July granted the current climate. Cs-Cart are working hard on fixing potential bugs and issues however we will always find one, which is why they are combing through it all.

I can say that 2.0.15 will be released next week (approximately) as 2.1 development delays a little.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Testing only. It is an alpha version - not even ready for beta testing. It would be foolish to install this on a live site until some serious testing is done.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thats not true Bob!

We have get today a answer from cs-cart that the 2.1 is a final version and not an alpha or beta!

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Thats not true Bob!

We have get today a answer from cs-cart that the 2.1 is a final version and not an alpha or beta![/QUOTE]

Huh ?? Don’t understand ?

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Thats not true Bob!

We have get today a answer from cs-cart that the 2.1 is a final version and not an alpha or beta![/QUOTE]

What zeke posted is that 2.0.15 will be released next week and that 2.1 will be delayed (with no timeframe announced). If he responded to you privately saying that 2.1 will be a final with no alpha or beta, I suspect the release will be considerably later and, quite frankly, I would prefer they release at least a beta version so that everyone has a chance to test it prior to a formal release. If not, we will likely have the early adopters identifying serious issues and the forums abuzz with complaints.

Personally, I would be fine if they delay 2.1 another month or two and delivered a really solid stable release.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]What zeke posted is that 2.0.15 will be released next week and that 2.1 will be delayed (with no timeframe announced). If he responded to you privately saying that 2.1 will be a final with no alpha or beta, I suspect the release will be considerably later and, quite frankly, I would prefer they release at least a beta version so that everyone has a chance to test it prior to a formal release. If not, we will likely have the early adopters identifying serious issues and the forums abuzz with complaints.

Personally, I would be fine if they delay 2.1 another month or two and delivered a really solid stable release.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Well said… I would rather wait longer for a solid release then get something half-baked at an earlier date.

Let’s have a betting pool. $2 a guess, pick a date. Winners will divide the collected pool. CS employees cannot play…

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

Bob[/quote]

I second the motion - stable cart first!

I’d rather wait longer for 2.1 and get a more solid release - Sno