Starting a thread here to discuss CSCart user's functionality requirements for the New Warehouses Addon. So I'll kick it off.
First look at the Demo, I could not find the Menu item to access Warehouses. Had to check the Docs to find it.
My first thoughts...
1. There are Stores (online domain) and there are Stores (Pickup Points)!
- Might be a good idea to change at lease one of these to save confusion.
ie : Change Stores (online domain) to something like Channels . Then you can put future eBay and Amazon addons etc under Channels.
2. "Stores and warehouses are based on pickup points". ..
"pickup point" means if a customer decides to pick up product personally.
"Store" Physical offline store, is that not the same thing as a pickup point?
"Warehouse" Distribution point.
So if a particular supplier is both a Dropshipper, has Physical storefront, and is a pickup point, we would need to add 3 different store locations for the same supplier?
A lot of thought has obviously gone into this, but would it not be better to centre this around Suppliers, and allow the Supplier to be set as a "pickup point", "Store" and/or "Warehouse"
3. No integration of Suppliers with Warehouses (aka Stores & pickup points).
Would it be good to merge the two?
We have some products that are available from up to 4 different suppliers. We actually need a "Multiple-suppliers-per-product" addon or if Suppliers and Warehouses merge this might solve our problem.
4. Its always been a bit odd that the Suppliers menu was located under "Customers"
Maybe group Suppliers and Warehouses as submenus of a new Parent menu like "Inventory Sources".
Well thats a start. Looking forward to an excellent, intuitive addon.