Stripe Payment Cs Cart Default Or Add-On?

Stripe Payment Cs cart default or add-on?

Before CS Cart had a Stripe payment gateway built in I bought a 3rd party add-on which works well.

​I am about to upgrade my store and thinking about using the default CS Cart Stripe payment gateway.

Anyone have comments on the CS cart version?

Work smoothly?

Easy to configure?

Other thoughts?

Thank you!

Since you asked for thoughts, I'll share some too, even though I'm not running an online store :-)

In the upcoming version 4.16.1 (scheduled for release around the end of the year), we'll add Stripe Checkout — and thanks to it, the ability to offer local payment methods such as Sofort, iDEAL, Przelewy24, etc. This will also allow for payment in installments (through services that support it, like Klarna and Afterpay). More info is available in our roadmap (don't mind the Multi-Vendor part, it covers things for CS-Cart too).

P.S. Stripe is also one of the few payment methods with multi-party payment support (which can help if you run a marketplace on CS-Cart Multi-Vendor).

Ivan,

Thank you for the information.

I only use the basic Stripe - not sure what Stripe Checkout is...

But sounds like you are working hard to improve this payment method - spasibo.

I only use the basic Stripe - not sure what Stripe Checkout is...

By default, our current integration with Stripe uses CS-Cart's built-in credit card forms. Customer leaves credit card data without leaving CS-Cart checkout page. Behind the scenes, the data entered this way still goes directly to Stripe, and not to your CS-Cart installation (this helps to avoid complications with PCI DSS compliance).

Stripe Checkout will be a new option for those who use basic Stripe in 4.16.1. You'll enable it in the payment method settings on the CS-Cart side. Customers will be taken to a separate Stripe page to complete the payment. And that page will offer all the additional options I described above.

For the time being, basic Stripe in CS-Cart can accept credit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Our surveys have shown that store and marketplace owners wanted more, hence the implementation of Stripe Checkout.

By default, our current integration with Stripe uses CS-Cart's built-in credit card forms. Customer leaves credit card data without leaving CS-Cart checkout page. Behind the scenes, the data entered this way still goes directly to Stripe, and not to your CS-Cart installation (this helps to avoid complications with PCI DSS compliance).

Stripe Checkout will be a new option for those who use basic Stripe in 4.16.1. You'll enable it in the payment method settings on the CS-Cart side. Customers will be taken to a separate Stripe page to complete the payment. And that page will offer all the additional options I described above.

For the time being, basic Stripe in CS-Cart can accept credit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay. Our surveys have shown that store and marketplace owners wanted more, hence the implementation of Stripe Checkout.

Spasibo A very helpful post - I understand now.

I will try the Cs Cart default Stripe first and later after version 16 is stable I will try Stripe checkout

Again thank you

Since you asked for thoughts, I'll share some too, even though I'm not running an online store :-)

In the upcoming version 4.16.1 (scheduled for release around the end of the year), we'll add Stripe Checkout — and thanks to it, the ability to offer local payment methods such as Sofort, iDEAL, Przelewy24, etc. This will also allow for payment in installments (through services that support it, like Klarna and Afterpay). More info is available in our roadmap (don't mind the Multi-Vendor part, it covers things for CS-Cart too).

P.S. Stripe is also one of the few payment methods with multi-party payment support (which can help if you run a marketplace on CS-Cart Multi-Vendor).

Seems like 4.16 will be very good on more payment options. waiting for it. Thanks @ikoshkin

Piggybacking this post if I can get a confirmation, the current stock CSCart add-on for Stripe is indeed PCI compliant? in that it keeps us as a business out of the “scope” for storing data of any kind? Thank you for any clarification.

I can confirm that the current standard Stripe & Stripe Connect integration in CS-Cart doesn’t store credit card data in your installation. Even if the fields appear to be on the checkout page of your store or marketplace, their data actually goes to Stripe only.

Stripe Checkout will just make it more obvious for your customers, because they’ll be entering their data on a dedicated Stripe page, after selecting a local and familiar payment method.

Thank you so very much, ikoshkin, reassuring to know we can continue our current compliance as Stripe will operate like PayPal for our use as a 3rd party processor.

Thank you CSCart, thank you ikoshkin, goodbye PayPal.

2 Likes