Strange New account in my name

Dear my first name,

Thank you for becoming a registered user at Simbirsk Technologies Ltd.

User account information Email: myemailaddress@gmail.com Password:

Login URL: [URL]http://gvs.u.simtech/cs-cart/trunk/index.php[/URL] Thank you for using our shopping cart.

1. I did not register an account - not for years

2. No new admin accounts

3. No new user account in my name

4. No cache clearing, no work currently on my cart, no other problems that I know of.

Is this a false positive type of CS Cart error or should I email support now?

Any idea what the above is all about?

Email information:

From Simbirsk Technologies LTd no-reply@cscart…

New customer profile notification mailed by cscart.com

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Dear my first name,

Thank you for becoming a registered user at Simbirsk Technologies Ltd.

User account information Email: myemailaddress@gmail.com Password:

Login URL: [URL]http://gvs.u.simtech/cs-cart/trunk/index.php[/URL] Thank you for using our shopping cart.

1. I did not register an account - not for years

2. No new admin accounts

3. No new user account in my name

4. No cache clearing, no work currently on my cart, no other problems that I know of.

Is this a false positive type of CS Cart error or should I email support now?

Any idea what the above is all about?[/QUOTE]

Hello Traveler,

We are sorry for possible inconveniences.

This email was sent during Customer Help Desk test by mistake.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name=‘CS-Cart Support team’]Hello Traveler,

We are sorry for possible inconveniences.

This email was sent during Customer Help Desk test by mistake.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team[/quote]

Mikhail,

1. Thank you for the quick response.

2. Thank you for your apology

3. You owe me more of an explanation:

A) What type of test?

B) Why were you using my email address?

C) Did you give my address out to anyone else by mistake?

D) Please do not use my email address or shopping cart in any tests without my permission

E) What is CS Cart’s policy on testing using customer’s carts and email addresses without permission

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Mikhail,

1. Thank you for the quick response.

2. Thank you for your apology

3. You owe me more of an explanation:

A) What type of test?

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply.

It was a test of Customer Help Desk (test version)

[quote]

B) Why were you using my email address?

[/quote]

We did not use your email address. It was a database issue.

[quote]

[B]C) Did you give my address out to anyone else by mistake?

[/quote]

No. It was just a test with our system.

[quote]

D) Please do not use my email address or shopping cart in any tests without my permission

E) What is CS Cart’s policy on testing using customer’s carts and email addresses without permission

[/B]

[/quote]

We do not use the private information without the owner permissions. Unfortunately it was a database issue. Our architects fixed it. It will not occur again.

Sorry for possible inconveniences.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

yeah the same message i got twice times.

[quote name=‘miracles’]yeah the same message i got twice times.[/QUOTE]

Hello miracles,

Yes. We know it.

It will not occur again.

Sorry for possible inconveniences.

Thank you.

Mikhail Ponomarev

CS-Cart Support team

I figured it was something like that… no worries :slight_smile:

Actually now it is not a problem but it cost me time and money to get the answer.

As an example as soon as I saw the email I knew something was wrong but I did not know what.

So after checking that no new accounts had been created I had to contact our IT support person which has a minimum cost…

I have no idea why Mikhail says my email address was not used as it is very difficult to send an email without using an email address - actually impossible the last time I tried…

Certainly email addresses can be stored in a database but that does not mean that email addresses are not being used

Hello, Traveler!

We are sorry to hear that this issue caused the inconvenience to you.

We do sincerely apologize for this regrettable mistake and have taken measures to prevent recurrence of similar errors in the future.

Please let me explain it a bit. When Mikhail said that we did not use your e-mail, he meant that we did not send the e-mail to you directly (and, of course, we did not pass your e-mail to any third-party). There was some problem with parsing e-mails sent to sales@cs-cart.com and our software engineers tested a solution on our local server. No e-mails should have been sent during the testing, but, unfortunately, some of them were sent by mistake. We are sorry for this issue.

Also please let me note, that if you receive some strange letter from us in the future, the best way to realize what has happed is to contact us directly via our Customer Help Desk.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Kate Lazarevskaya

CS-Cart Support team

“Please let me explain it a bit. When Mikhail said that we did not use your e-mail, he meant that we did not send the e-mail to you directly (and, of course, we did not pass your e-mail to any third-party).”

Kate,

I have a great deal of respect for your support service and I thank you for taking the time to reply and providing more of an explanation.

1. Of course this does not help my expense in time and money to deal with CS Cart’s error.

2. As for contacting CS Cart directly - I have had very, bad service in the past with a slow response to another security issue - in that case the issue was not caused by CS Cart.

So contacting CS cart directly is perhaps my 4th or 5th action after:

Checking myself what I can find

Contacting my webhost who are available 24 hours 365 days a year by phone with a response within a few minutes.

Contacting my IT staff person who is always on call and gets back to me within a few minutes even in the middle of the night

Posting on the forum - plenty of friendly people who help 7 days a week

Perhaps last, contacting CS Cart as you are not available 7 days a week 365 days a year and are often slow to respond. When I am concerned about someone possibly hacking my store anything longer than 15 minutes is too slow as I rely on my store.

3. I would suggest that only someone in management respond to important security issues like this as Mikhail seems to have a problem with English and to be told nonsense such as his statement that CS Cart did not use my email is very inappropriate when your customer is already upset.

4. If you are really concerned and sorry you should establish a phone number than can be called 24 hours for help with security issues.

Wow Traveler, you are kind of being a big whiner on this. They screwed up. It was a mistake. They admitted to the mistake and apologized.

If you jumped the gun and freaked out, than that is your problem. Obviously you are the only person on this entire forum that even cares. There have only been two other forum members to post on this thread and obviously they don’t mind.

Maybe just chill out and quit freaking out over nothing.

Just my 2 cents.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Wow Traveler, you are kind of being a big whiner on this. They screwed up. It was a mistake. They admitted to the mistake and apologized.

If you jumped the gun and freaked out, than that is your problem. Obviously you are the only person on this entire forum that even cares. There have only been two other forum members to post on this thread and obviously they don’t mind.

Just my 2 cents.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

Ditto. The only thing I did was check if the mail came from one of my shops. It didn’t, it came from CS-cart. Conclusion: they must be configuring something. Not to worry.

Brandon,

I think that your comment is out of line and incorrect and quite rude

Are you planning on paying my support bill?

Are you planning on paying for my time?

If not perhaps you should keep your comments to yourself?

If there had been a serious problem which there may have been it is important to move fast.

If you want to take risks with the safety of your data that is your choice.

We have a zero tolerance policy for hacking and this incident could have been serious.

CS cart’s apology was accepted and I made suggestions and comments that were very appropriate.

You do not know the context of my past experiences with CS Cart so your comments were way out in left field.

I am curious how many other CS Cart stores had the same experience - hopefully very few.

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Wow Traveler, you are kind of being a big whiner on this. They screwed up. It was a mistake. They admitted to the mistake and apologized.

Just my 2 cents.

Brandon[/quote]

[quote name=‘Flow’]Ditto. The only thing I did was check if the mail came from one of my shops. It didn’t, it came from CS-cart. Conclusion: they must be configuring something. Not to worry.[/quote]

I would assume that Traveler’s exchange rate the AUD/USD/UK is very bad at the moment, probably cost him more money then he was expecting.

[quote name=‘Flow’]Ditto. The only thing I did was check if the mail came from one of my shops. It didn’t, it came from CS-cart. Conclusion: they must be configuring something. Not to worry.[/quote]

Interesting - how would you know for sure that the email came from CS Cart and not somewhere else that looked like it came from CS Cart.

Example: PayPal and other big name sites have phishing problems were emails that look like they come from PayPal are sent out.

People are fooled everyday by these emails.

What other emails may have been sent out if the emails were not from CS cart?

Well Traveler, you might think that my comment was rude, but I think your response was pretty damn funny and it gave me a laugh for the morning, thank you.

Again, it appears that you are the only one to be having any kind of real problem with this so if you incurred a bunch of expense for jumping the gun than it’s your problem and you should quit whining about it.

Brandon

Hey Traveler, you are probably better off to just drop this. Most people on the forum aren’t going to post here because of the heat and likewise, those who will post will just try to do their darndest to aggravate you more than you already are.

I guess I can be glad I did not get the spam from CS.

Jim,

You sound like my wife. She tells my kids that all the time. She’s always telling them to just ignore me when I’m pestering them since feeding into me just keeps me going.

I’m not trying to be a dick or get anyone aggravated. My point is that Traveler is the only one posting on here that is complaining and maybe he just needs to take a chill pill.

I realize that he incurred expenses and I know that I don’t want to have anymore expenses than I need to since I know I can’t afford them. I’m sure he isn’t in any different situation, and that sucks.

CS-Cart screwed up, they admitted their mistakes and there isn’t anything they can do to go back and change anything. Hopefully this won’t happen again and we can all just live happily ever after.

Brandon

Brandon,

Did you put out the garbage this morning? You left crumbs on the floor! Am I the only one who cleans up around here? What do you mean you are going to have to work late? If he said some of those then he would have sounded like my wife :wink: