Strange New account in my name

[quote name=‘Traveler’]“Please let me explain it a bit. When Mikhail said that we did not use your e-mail, he meant that we did not send the e-mail to you directly (and, of course, we did not pass your e-mail to any third-party).”

Kate,

I have a great deal of respect for your support service and I thank you for taking the time to reply and providing more of an explanation.

1. Of course this does not help my expense in time and money to deal with CS Cart’s error.

2. As for contacting CS Cart directly - I have had very, bad service in the past with a slow response to another security issue - in that case the issue was not caused by CS Cart.

So contacting CS cart directly is perhaps my 4th or 5th action after:

Checking myself what I can find

Contacting my webhost who are available 24 hours 365 days a year by phone with a response within a few minutes.

Contacting my IT staff person who is always on call and gets back to me within a few minutes even in the middle of the night

Posting on the forum - plenty of friendly people who help 7 days a week

Perhaps last, contacting CS Cart as you are not available 7 days a week 365 days a year and are often slow to respond. When I am concerned about someone possibly hacking my store anything longer than 15 minutes is too slow as I rely on my store.

3. I would suggest that only someone in management respond to important security issues like this as Mikhail seems to have a problem with English and to be told nonsense such as his statement that CS Cart did not use my email is very inappropriate when your customer is already upset.

4. If you are really concerned and sorry you should establish a phone number than can be called 24 hours for help with security issues.[/QUOTE]

Dear Traveler,

My name is Ilya Makarov and I’m the head of the software development department.

Unfortunately, some error occurred when we were maintaining our help desk module that parses incoming emails, that is why you received that email.

I deeply apologize for this issue.