Shipping method

Is anyone aware of an add-on that allows you select which shipping methods are available at the product level and preferably based on the quantity selected?
e.g.
if qty purchased (1 to 5) then offer shipping method A & B
if qty purchase (6 to 20) then offer shipping method C

This is because my shipping provider (Australia Post) charges based on the greater of weight or cubic weight (size). I don’t want to offer method C (D, E, F etc)^ if it fits in box A & B (nor do I want to offer A & B if they order more than will fit in the dimensions defined for shipping method A & B).

The other option would be to be able to enter product size and have the add-on calculate which shipping methods was cheapest the product could fit into, but I figure that is a lot more complicated.

Add-on should be compatable with fulfilment by marketplace and stores and pick-up points.

Happy to hear other suggestions (aside from creating manual methods as I want live price from Australia post).

I wouldn’t be able to pay for development of an add-on from scratch as I be broke and don’t actually have any customers at this point.

^ as they are expensive and offering too many shipping methods crowds out the checkout

Greetings, chickentwisty!

Closest add-on that can be useful for your goals is our Shipping and Payment Restrictions add-on.

However, there is no quantity selected restriction there, this could be possibly added as a modification.
But if take into accout that different products can have really large weight and volume difference, I believe you can work it out by simply setting restrictions on a product level, e.g. for products with large weight and/or volume value you can ONLY allow shipping method C. If you feel the idea, this could provide a quite good approximation. But in order to make it work precisely, as you said:

We had a client with a similar request and you are correct, this task is not trivial at all and is pretty expensive.

Once again, we are not claiming that our add-on covers everything that you described, but we do recommend to at least take a look at it, check the Docs as this solution is possibly the closest one to your needs.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Best regards,
Cart-Power

1 Like

Thanks @cart-power, good to see a add-on with such comprehensive documentation. I like the restrict on categories and products feature which may help with another use case. You’re right that it doesn’t address my specific case but it looks like a solud add-on and I will give it some further thought.

2 Likes