Service pack 3 for CS-Cart 1.3.5 is released!

I seem to be having similar issues to Alfie, but I couldn’t really tell if his issues were ever resolved.

I’m trying to manually upgrade from 1.3.4sp3 to 1.3.5sp3. I installed 1.3.5sp3 fresh to a new folder on my server, then followed the directions in this thread. I’m to the point where I’ve dropped all tables from the new 1.3.5 installation database, imported the old tables from 1.3.4, and now I’m attempting to import the database.sql file from the upgrade-134sp3-135sp3.tgz file I downloaded from the members area. When I attempt to do this, I get the following error in PHPMyAdmin:

```php Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE cscart_user_session_products ADD COLUMN user_type char( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘R’;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'user_type ```

Can anyone please help me get this working? I’d really appreciate it.

[quote name=‘tjmaxwell’]I seem to be having similar issues to Alfie, but I couldn’t really tell if his issues were ever resolved.

I’m trying to manually upgrade from 1.3.4sp3 to 1.3.5sp3. I installed 1.3.5sp3 fresh to a new folder on my server, then followed the directions in this thread. I’m to the point where I’ve dropped all tables from the new 1.3.5 installation database, imported the old tables from 1.3.4, and now I’m attempting to import the database.sql file from the upgrade-134sp3-135sp3.tgz file I downloaded from the members area. When I attempt to do this, I get the following error in PHPMyAdmin:

```php Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE cscart_user_session_products ADD COLUMN user_type char( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘R’;

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'user_type ```

Can anyone please help me get this working? I’d really appreciate it.[/quote]

You must already have that column in the table. If so, you can skip that command. Just make sure that it’s also set to CHAR(1), NOT NULL, and DEFAULT ‘R’

Thanks, I removed that line from the SQL file. I had one other error like that so I removed that line too. Now I’m stuck on this error:

```php Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE cscart_product_prices DROP COLUMN KEY src_k ;

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘KEY src_k’ at line 1 ```

Any suggestions?

[quote name=‘tjmaxwell’]Thanks, I removed that line from the SQL file. I had one other error like that so I removed that line too. Now I’m stuck on this error:

```php Error

SQL query:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘KEY src_k’ at line 1 ```

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I had the same error when doing a manual update from 1.3.5sp2 to 1.3.5sp3 - it seems to be related to the version of MySql we are running. I just manually dropped that index in phpMyAdmin. As I recall, I also needed to manually drop the the next two keys and add new keys for the lines which had DROP ADD in them. I then removed these lines and executed the balance of the SQL queries contained in database.sql without further problems. Don’t forget to execute post_upgrade.php after you complete the SQL queries.

So far, I have not had any problems afterdoing the upgrade.

Bob

Hi,

re: step 4, do i simply go into cpanel and delete the database?

re: step 5 I have no idea how to duplicate my old database? please explain in detail if you can

also, looking forward to step 6, i also have no idea how I will import the sql file

would any kind soul on here be willing to hold my hand thru this. even willing to give someone ftp access if they’d be so kind to have a lok under the hood.

i havent made very many changes to the original cart, dont have many products or categories, and am currently runnning 1.3.5 hosted by hostgator.

any advice/help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

new b

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’]Here’s how to do it more cleanly and easily on a localhost server: At least it’s how I did it.

1. Create a new directory called “new_store”
  2. Put all 1.3.5 sp3 files into this folder (not from update, but full zip)
  3. Run install.php in a browser. This allows you to setup database info, login info, etc. When entering database info, choose a new db name.
  4. Delete the new database manually.
  5. Duplicate the old database and rename it to the name specified in step 3.
  6. While in the duplicate database with the new name, import the sql file from the UPGRADE zip/tgz file that’s right for you. This will update the old database without messing something up in the original old database.
  7. Run post_upgrade.php (in the UPGRADE zip/tgz) in a browser to finish up that database changes for the new version. (thanks jobosales)
  8. Now test the store in “new_store”.

My Discovered Errors:
  9. You may run into the problem that the skin is not found. That’s okay, you need to re-set it so that it will move to skins directory from the skins_repository directory.
  10. After running post_upgrade.php, you may find an error on cart. To fix this, I just went into admin and cleaned template cache.

11. You can now re-install all your mods.
  12. Perform another test.

My Discovered Errors:

None

13. You can now rename your old “store” directory to “old_store” and your “new_store” directory to “store”. If your store was in the root directory then move it to a new “old_store” directory and your “new_store” directory to the root.
  14. Modify your new store’s config.php file to match the http/https settings.
  15. Perform another test.

My Discovered Errors:

None

16. Rename your old store database to “old_cscart_db” and your new store db to the same as your old db originally was.
  17. Modify your new store’s config.php file to match the changed db name.
  18. Perform a final test.

My Discovered Errors:

None

19. Change the http/https settings to match your live store
  20. Update your live store directory and db.

-----------------------------------------------

If you have any problems, then post those here.

Be sure that the http and https settings are correct in the “config.php” file.[/QUOTE]

Disregard that post, try this one:

[URL]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=4407[/URL]

can you explain in a bit more detail how to do this? I am getting both of these errors as well but am not sure how to do the workaround you’re suggesting. thanks in advance for anyone who can help

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I had the same error when doing a manual update from 1.3.5sp2 to 1.3.5sp3 - it seems to be related to the version of MySql we are running. I just manually dropped that index in phpMyAdmin. As I recall, I also needed to manually drop the the next two keys and add new keys for the lines which had DROP ADD in them. I then removed these lines and executed the balance of the SQL queries contained in database.sql without further problems. Don’t forget to execute post_upgrade.php after you complete the SQL queries.

So far, I have not had any problems afterdoing the upgrade.

Bob[/QUOTE]

first i got this error message:

SQL query:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘KEY src_k’ at line 1

tried it again and got this one:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE cscart_payment_processors ADD COLUMN type char( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘P’ AFTER callback ;

#1060 - Duplicate column name ‘type’

sorry, for anyone else who this might help and might be following this, see this thread: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=4407&page=2[/url]

Hi!

I upgraded from sp2 to sp3. All work fine for me but only the “Shipping methods”

I cannot go to “Shipping methods” page to adjust and I cannot change or edit the order with “Shipping methods”

I post here the errors:

1. When click the “Shipping methods”, i receive the statement:

Warning: require_once(/home/…/shippings/fn_rtsrc.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/…/include/admin/shippings.php on line 36

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/…/shippings/fn_rtsrc.php’ (include_path=‘/home/…/classes/pear:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/…/include/admin/shippings.php on line 36

2. When I edit or update the Shipping methods in the order:

Express:

Warning: array_sum() [function.array-sum]: The argument should be an array in /home/…/classes/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1688

Array

What can I do to fix that bug?

Many thanks and have a nice weekend!

post a ticket to the helpdesk…

[quote name=‘zeke’]CMS will be totally rewritten in new version, so we “patched” the problem quickly in this service pack.[/QUOTE]

Totally rewritten CMS sounds like 2.0? Any idea when it’s coming? 2008, 2009 or 2010? :wink:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I deleted that entire table along with the rest of ip2nation.

Don’t use it, hence useless[/QUOTE]

sorry for the simplicity, but what table do you mean? and will it be any problem with it next time upgrading and so on?

[quote name=‘JSKY’]I used CSC Store Manager but first I backed up whole store and then upgraded. It went very smooth, though sometimes my FTP got stuck and got warning, but clicked RETRY and it continued. It only happened during skins installations. Now I have to go to CPanel on my server and again get rid of skins I will never use. Besides, everything went smooth and my shop seems to work, at least I tried to make order and no problem with that. Visual changes are not seen, other ones are not visible for me either. My currency exchange mod works fine too. As long as CSC Team did something to improve cart I`m fine with that. All I want yet, is faster loading.

What does it mean for us?[/QUOTE]

Same thing here too. I got “warnings” during the skins installation. other then that it was smooth sailing