Service pack 3 for CS-Cart 1.3.5 is released!

I used CSC Store Manager but first I backed up whole store and then upgraded. It went very smooth, though sometimes my FTP got stuck and got warning, but clicked RETRY and it continued. It only happened during skins installations. Now I have to go to CPanel on my server and again get rid of skins I will never use. Besides, everything went smooth and my shop seems to work, at least I tried to make order and no problem with that. Visual changes are not seen, other ones are not visible for me either. My currency exchange mod works fine too. As long as CSC Team did something to improve cart I`m fine with that. All I want yet, is faster loading.

[QUOTE]And -30% database queries[/QUOTE]

What does it mean for us?

[quote name=‘JSKY’]I used Install Manager but first I backed up whole store and then upgraded. It went very smooth, though sometimes my FTP got stuck and got warning, but clicked RETRY and it continued. It only happened during skins installations. Now I have to go to CPanel on my server and again get rid of skins I will never use. Besides, everything went smooth and my shop seems to work, at least I tried to make order and no problem with that. Visual changes are not seen, other ones are not visible for me either. My currency exchange mod works fine too. As long as CSC Team did something to improve cart I`m fine with that. All I want yet, is faster loading.

What does it mean for us?[/QUOTE]

Install manager? You mean store manager?

I`m sorry, yes I meant CSC Store Manager:p

I have 1.3.5.sp2 test install. No products present. only contains traslation strings etc.

and I want to exttract traslated language strings to import new fresh 1.3.5 sp3 install. How is the way.?

All DB backup from old to restore new not good way. becouse errors occured. “Langs Tables” and “lang values” backup and restore is not good way Also.

To update via store manager I dont like. and doesnt work my local FTP server. some ftp commands unknown by my ftp Server… Installations are only in my local computer.

Summary, I need extract translated only strings from 1.3.5.sp2 and restore to 1.3.5.sp3.

I think, At PhpmyAdmin page some tables will be extact. But I dont know how, is

Any suggestion?

For some reason, after the upgrade to sp3, my store is WAY slower, even unresponsive at times. I even optimized the database, restarted the server, but nothing seems to help it.

Here’s how to do it more cleanly and easily on a localhost server: At least it’s how I did it.

1. Create a new directory called “new_store”
  2. Put all 1.3.5 sp3 files into this folder (not from update, but full zip)
  3. Run install.php in a browser. This allows you to setup database info, login info, etc. When entering database info, choose a new db name.
  4. Delete the new database manually.
  5. Duplicate the old database and rename it to the name specified in step 3.
  6. While in the duplicate database with the new name, import the sql file from the UPGRADE zip/tgz file that’s right for you. This will update the old database without messing something up in the original old database.
  7. Run post_upgrade.php (in the UPGRADE zip/tgz) in a browser to finish up that database changes for the new version. (thanks jobosales)
  8. Now test the store in “new_store”.

My Discovered Errors:
  9. You may run into the problem that the skin is not found. That’s okay, you need to re-set it so that it will move to skins directory from the skins_repository directory.
  10. After running post_upgrade.php, you may find an error on cart. To fix this, I just went into admin and cleaned template cache.

11. You can now re-install all your mods.
  12. Perform another test.

My Discovered Errors:

None

13. You can now rename your old “store” directory to “old_store” and your “new_store” directory to “store”. If your store was in the root directory then move it to a new “old_store” directory and your “new_store” directory to the root.
  14. Modify your new store’s config.php file to match the http/https settings.
  15. Perform another test.

My Discovered Errors:

None

16. Rename your old store database to “old_cscart_db” and your new store db to the same as your old db originally was.
  17. Modify your new store’s config.php file to match the changed db name.
  18. Perform a final test.

My Discovered Errors:

None

19. Change the http/https settings to match your live store
  20. Update your live store directory and db.

-----------------------------------------------

If you have any problems, then post those here.

Be sure that the http and https settings are correct in the “config.php” file.

what about running the post upgrade script…?

Saying that ive followed everything and still can get it to work! (from 1.3.4-sp3)

Alfie

Dear mdekok3000 ,

I have tested. it as 1.3.5 sp2 to 1.3.5 sp3 upgrade.

Your tips very useful. No tanslation strings lost.

Thank you very much.

Hi all

It is my intention to copy my public html into another folder on my server both stores pointing at the same database, carry out an upgrade via Store Manager on the copy.

Once this has been done and all mods are transferred and everything working ok, copy the upgraded store back into the public html.

Unfortunately we can’t use a localhost method to upgrade.

I have used the Store Manager previously and it worked without any glitches for me.

Can anybody offer any advice on this before I take the plunge??

BarryH

I strongly recommend doing it on a localhost and manually. I’ve heard way too many complaints about Store Manager to even consider it.

After all testing steps in my previous post, if it has worked each time. You can then upload the directory contents and update the db on your remote server.

hi Mdeko, do you know how many tables should be in a standard 1.3.4-sp3 database, i have 162, when i upgrade manually i have 205…

i get 3 different errors, 2 when updating the databse and 1 when using the cart,

the first 2 are something like this (can recreate the errors if needed):

cannot create column, duplicate field “user type”. (but the details in the db are as in the databse.sql)

error in syntax near KEY src_k; please check you documentation for the correct sytax to use near src_k; it cant seem to do these queries;

ALTER TABLE cscart_product_prices DROP COLUMN KEY `src_k`;
ALTER TABLE cscart_product_prices DROP COLUMN KEY `unique_key`;
ALTER TABLE cscart_product_prices DROP ADD UNIQUE KEY `unique_key` (`lower_limit`,`membership_id`,`product_id`);

the 3rd error apaear when i click “checkout” in firefox (ie 404’s i think) please see attatched image.

EDIT: error -12263 is an SSL error. Message: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

“SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.”

even though i dont use ssl.???

Apart from this the cart seems to have updated BUT how do i know its not going to have other problems, in another ([url]http://vb.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=22044&postcount=1[/url]) it says after the upgrade i should have 208 tables, i only have 205!

Any help would be GREAT!!!

Thanks

Alfie

alert.jpg

I have never used 1.3.4 SP3 so I do not know.

------------------------------------

I assume your first error came when trying to duplicate the original database?

Not sure why that happened.

If you’re trying to import the database.sql from the “cscart_v1.3.5-sp3.zip” file don’t. Use the one from the “upgrade-134sp3-135sp3.tgz”. Import that one into the duplicate of the original database.

As for your second error, not sure why it happened to that either. My upgrade script (from 1.3.5 SP2) had the same exact queries and it worked just fine.

Don’t know about the SSL, as I don’t use it either. See if it has been enabled in the Admin->Settings.

About the 208, JLS must have added some tables, because I only have 206. And I added one for a mod, so 205 is correct.

Thanks for the reply…

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’]I have never used 1.3.4 SP3 so I do not know.

I assume your first error came when trying to duplicate the original database?

Not sure why that happened.

If you’re trying to import the database.sql from the “cscart_v1.3.5-sp3.zip” file don’t. Use the one from the “upgrade-134sp3-135sp3.tgz”. Import that one into the duplicate of the original database.

[/QUOte]

I dont have a live store (only testing) so i just applied the database/sql from the upgrade-134sp3-135sp3.tgz after backup and came up with that error first, as i said the entry in my db matched the info of the query that was trying to run so i left it.

[quote]

As for your second error, not sure why it happened to that either. My upgrade script (from 1.3.5 SP2) had the same exact queries and it worked just fine.

[/quote]

am i right in saying that these lines are just trying to drop those column keys? if so is it worth just deleting them via phpmyadmin?

[quote]Don’t know about the SSL, as I don’t use it either. See if it has been enabled in the Admin->Settings.[/quote]

Weired thing is… In IE7 I get 404!

[quote]About the 208, JLS must have added some tables, because I only have 206. And I added one for a mod, so 205 is correct.[/QUOTE]

thanks!!!

Cheers for the reply, really appreciate it

Alfie

EDIT: It doesnt help i guess that i tried to do a 1.3.5-sp3 db upgrade on a 1.3.5-sp2 clean install… will have a tinker and let you know!

Alfie

Matt-

After step 6, you need to run post_upgrade.php to finish up that database changes for the new version.

Bob

[quote name=‘Alfie’]Thanks for the reply…

I dont have a live store (only testing) so i just applied the database/sql from the upgrade-134sp3-135sp3.tgz after backup and came up with that error first, as i said the entry in my db matched the info of the query that was trying to run so i left it.

[/quote]

Okay, I think you can just ignore this one for now. If it says you already have the field then I believe the error was in the upgrade.

[quote]am i right in saying that these lines are just trying to drop those column keys? if so is it worth just deleting them via phpmyadmin?

[/quote]

Yes

[quote]

Weired thing is… In IE7 I get 404!

[/quote]

Do you have SSL enabled in the Admin->Settings? That could be what’s causing it. Check the url of the checkout, if it is https, then you probably do have it enabled.

-----------------------------------------

About the clean install of 1.3.5 SP2, you may have had those db problems since you were using an upgrade for 1.3.5 SP3 from 1.3.4 SP3.

Thanks jobosales

Managed to get upgraded (well at least everything seems to be working fine).

Used Store Manager to carry out upgrade with only five conflicts.

Did this by creating a full copy of the store in a new folder, carried out the upgrade on the copy store (did full backups beforehand though). Replaced the old store with the upgraded copy. Voila!!!

As far as we can see all our mods were untouched by the upgrade (good luck not management).

Was quite painless.

BarryH:D :cool:

Ok I have AFTER 1 WHOLE WEEK OF TRYING! Managed to upgrade from 1.3.4-sp3 (skipping sp2 cos that didnt work) to 1.3.5-sp3!!

This is what I did:

1. Clean install of SP2
  2. Update current database with the database.sql from the upgrade package.
  3. Run the post_upgrade.php
  4. swap databases

Needless to say i got errors with certain lines which i needed to pinpoint and skip to import the rest of the file. One was a duplicate entry, the information in my DB was the same being applied via the database.sql so i ignored it and moved on, I also got 3 errors when dealing with these lines:

ALTER TABLE cscart_product_prices DROP COLUMN KEY `src_k`;
ALTER TABLE cscart_product_prices DROP COLUMN KEY `unique_key`;
ALTER TABLE cscart_product_prices DROP ADD UNIQUE KEY `unique_key` (`lower_limit`,`membership_id`,`product_id`);

Anyway all seemed fine (but noooo, not that easy) I came in to problems when trying to check out AND COULDN’T, Internet Exploer 404 AND Firefox gave me a 12263 error.

I then tried to export all the products to a csv via the admin area and import them into a clean install… However CS-CART would only import 10 products!!! No matter how much i tried.

In the end after numerous attempts, of all the above I exported the Categories tables, a minimal amount of product data (description image paths etc) directly from the upgraded database via PHPMyadmin and imported it into a clean Install/database. Risky but seems to have worked. hopefully the upgrade hasnt caused any issues with the product info and all will be ok!!!

Seriously WHAT A MESS! I almost sacked Cs-Cart and went elsewhere, luckily I’m persitant and do this sort of thing for a living!

Anyway rant over, hopefully the next upgrade will go smoother!!!

Alfie

Ok I have AFTER 1 WHOLE WEEK OF TRYING! Managed to upgrade from 1.3.4-sp3 (skipping sp2 cos that didnt work) to 1.3.5-sp3!!

This is what I did:

1. Clean install of SP2
  2. Update the database with the database.sql from the upgrade package.
  3. Run the post_upgrade.php

Got 2 errors when updating the database, but all seemed fine. I came in to problems when trying to check out AND COULDNT, Internet Exploer 404 AND Firefox game me a 12263 error.

I then tried to export all the products to a csv and import them into a clean install… However CS-CART would only import 10 products!!! No matter how much i tried.

In the end after numerous attempts, of all the above I exported the Categories tables, a minimal amount of product data (description image paths etc) directly from PHPMyadmin and imported it into a clean Install/database. Risky but seems to have worked. hopefully the upgrade hasnt caused any issues with the product info and all will be ok!!!

Seriously what a mess! I almost sacked Cs-Cart and went elsewhere, luckily I’m persitant and do this sort of thing for a living!

Anyway rant over, hopefull the next upgrade will go smoother!!!

Alfie

I think you posted the same post twice.