Save Up To $1,000 A Year With Cs-Cart Annual Subscription

Ummm. Seems to be crapping on the ones that did the lifetime. If you are going to keep the updates active anyways, why bother getting the lifetime and paying $200 more for nothing? This should be expanded to the lifetime licenses in my opinion. Seems the ones that spent more money for your product are the ones getting screwed in the end.

Doesn't time fly since this thread started.

IF I go for the subscription, which CS-Cart version would I be starting on ?

I am currently running 4.1.4

Exactly how would I upgrade or would I need to do a fresh install.

If a fresh install then what version and how would I import data from

my current 4.1.4 store ?

Please don't say by CSV export from 4.1.4 then import into new store

because I have found this method to be a wretched dog with very poorly

written documentation.

From what I can gather I could use the yearly subscription to do a fresh install

of 4.1.5 THEN use it's Store Import addon ???

Why is a Lifetime License recommended if the Subscription is such a hot deal ?

its not, its a way to take away from you lifetime license. there is no way to claim it back

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1433565704' post='217578']

Why is a Lifetime License recommended if the Subscription is such a hot deal ?

[/quote]

I was trying to include a screenshot of the 'Recommendation' for The Lifetime License.

Couldn't so here is the link

[url=“Prices - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and Shopping Cart”]https://www.cs-cart.com/compare.html[/url]

It would seem only fair to offer us Lifetimers a promulgation package with the

same bonuses at the same price.

Probably you are missing something.

There are members that got

1. lifetime license and lifetime upgrades
  2. lifetime license and paid upgrades
  3. yearly based license with updates while license valid.

Not usre why cs-cart did not include upgrade prices in link you mentioned

Resources :: Upgrade Policy

I think your license is nr1 and if you do any type of change you will loose best license there is…

Mine is nr 2 [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] ( lifetime license and paid upgrades ).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]My current option is $165 for 12 months of upgrades.[/font][/color]

I have same as Termalert.

I would be happy to pay the money this second (literally, right now) if we got the same perk's. Not sure why the lifetime license people are getting screwed in this though.

Yes parodius420, we were among the original users who helped get CS-Cart on it's feet. Now it appears

to have found it's legs and using them to run off and leave us behind.

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1433588297' post='217601']

Probably you are missing something.

There are members that got

1. lifetime license and lifetime upgrades
  2. lifetime license and paid upgrades
  3. yearly based license with updates while license valid.

Not usre why cs-cart did not include upgrade prices in link you mentioned

http://www.cs-cart.c…ade-policy.html

I think your license is nr1 and if you do any type of change you will loose best license there is…

[/quote]

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1433591140' post='217611']

Mine is nr 2 [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] ( lifetime license and paid upgrades ).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]My current option is $165 for 12 months of upgrades.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1433649696' post='217651']

I have same as Termalert.

I would be happy to pay the money this second (literally, right now) if we got the same perk's. Not sure why the lifetime license people are getting screwed in this though.

[/quote]

Guys, let me explain how it works.

Darius thank you, you provided the correct info I will add some details.

1. Lifetime license with unlimited access to upgrades.

These are the licenses that were bought until June 16, 2008.

2. Lifetime license with paid upgrades (1year of upgrades included) - $385 or $345 (if you already have a CS-Cart license)

Here you can buy upgrades at two different prices
  • $110 if you buy upgrade within one month after current upgrade subscription expired.
  • $160 if you buy upgrade license one month after it has expired.

e.g. if I bought a CS-Cart lifetime license on January 1, 2014, than I can buy 1-year upgrade prolongation for $110 any date from January 1, 2014 until February 1, 2015. after that date upgrade prolongation will cost $160.

1. 1-Year subscription license. - $195 (telemart please note that $125 is price of the extra storefront license, not the CS-Cart license itself)

In this case customer should pay $195 every year, despite on wether he uses the upgrades or not, otherwise the license will be disabled.

Yes, we are aware of how that works. But you are TOTALLY missing the point.

Why can't the lifetime members get the upgrade with all the extras, just like the one's that do not have a lifetime? We paid MORE for our product, we should at least be able to get the same thing as the cheaper paid plan.

Got a question for ya iMac.

Would you rather buy:

1. $385 product, and have access to features A for a year. Then has pay $160, and have another year of just with features A, with no opportunity to get any other extras for that price, and get all the features in product #2 below for a minimum of $413/year afterwards

or

2. Pay $245, and have access to features A B C D E F for a year, and pay $195 after that for another year, which includes upgrades which is not factored into the $413 as in product 1.

$150 more initial + 523/year afterwards to get the same product as the one's that paid $150 less initial and only pays $195 for the same thing the others would have to pay $523 for.

Seem's to me, whoever buys #1, the more expensive package, is getting screwed.

So the people that paid MORE for their license, would have to pay $523/year, which includes the $110 yearly upgrades, and the people that paid LESS for their product, including yearly upgrades, for only $195. The ones that paid more, has to pay $328/year more for the same addons as the ones that paid less.

Apology Ilya for continually stating $165.00 for 1 year Prolongation.

$160.00 is correct.

Thank for explaining how it all works without explaining why Lifetime License holders

are actually being disadvantaged.

Is this a not so subtle push towards subscription based software and SAAS.

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1433754204' post='217761']

Apology Ilya for continually stating $165.00 for 1 year Prolongation.

$160.00 is correct.

Thank for explaining how it all works without explaining why Lifetime License holders

are actually being disadvantaged.

Is this a not so subtle push towards subscription based software and SAAS.

[/quote]

$195 Year subscription vs $110 Lifetime users - I do not thing that's a disadvantage for Lifetime users.

If you are going to start online business just to try than 1-Year license is best solution. But in case you business is up and running Lifetime is a better solution in long-term perspective.

Besides with Lifetime you can stop paying for upgrades at any reason, with 1-Year license if you stop paying - your lose the license (it will be disabled) and thus the store.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]$195 Year subscription vs $110 Lifetime users - I do not thing that's a disadvantage for Lifetime users.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It is when the Lifetime User has to pay an extra $198 per year for Searchanise Pro and Twigmo alone[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]or $413 per if a Lifetime User wants the Facebook app and ebay add-on as well.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I take you point that Subscription is a great way to test the water but you will have absolutely no chance of getting[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]anyone to buy a Lifetime License at $385 PLUS $523 per year ( for Upgrades, FB, EBAY, Searchanise & Twigmo ).

Sorry Ilya but I don't think the same way you do. It strongly appears that you are wanting Lifetime License holders[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]to cease to exist in the future.[/font][/color]

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1433757651' post='217779']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]$195 Year subscription vs $110 Lifetime users - I do not thing that's a disadvantage for Lifetime users.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It is when the Lifetime User has to pay an extra $198 per year for Searchanise Pro and Twigmo alone[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]or $413 per if a Lifetime User wants the Facebook app and ebay add-on as well.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I take you point that Subscription is a great way to test the water but you will have absolutely no chance of getting[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]anyone to buy a Lifetime License at $385 PLUS $523 per year ( for Upgrades, FB, EBAY, Searchanise & Twigmo ).

Sorry Ilya but I don't think the same way you do. It strongly appears that you are wanting Lifetime License holders[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]to cease to exist in the future.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

If you use one of the extra services like Ebay, Facebook, Twigmo, Searchanise - than 1-Year Subscription is the best choice. That's what first post in this topic tells.

[quote][color=#282828]Sorry Ilya but I don't think the same way you do. It strongly appears that you are wanting Lifetime License holders[/font][/color]

[color=#282828]to cease to exist in the future.[/color][/quote]

Not quite clear what do you mean termalert,

No plans to terminate Lifetime or 1-Year subscription. We added 1-Year because that could better suite someone needs.

You see “[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]FB, EBAY, Searchanise & Twigmo[/font][/color]” as a good deal, me no as I see no use for them same as imac thinks but surely he cannot tell this here…

I have very good feature&filter setup, search is barely used. Responsive is enough for me, no need for twigmo. Ebay is not complete product, maybe one day, not worth investment at all…

Did not test FB but maybe same can be achieved via widgets?

You buy lifetime license and use, make sales as much as you want a year, 10 years, why the hell to upgrade every single update there is ? Why to use every single addon there is? You just work with your customers and make sales…

Even after 5 years lifetime license does not stop you from downloading latest cart version and exporting importing products, you just do not get the easy update process…

I think lifetime license is best, use it for couple of years and if there is huge urge for update and to lazy to export products then simply buy prolongation for 160$.

Subscription is no good deal for me as my business would hurt to test every single corrupt update on live store…

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1433757651' post='217779']

[/quote]

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1433759948' post='217791']

Even after 5 years lifetime license does not stop you from downloading latest cart version and exporting importing products, you just do not get the easy update process…

[/quote]

That's not quite true. You can do it right now but this is not allowed by license agreement.

You can use the version that was released before your upgrade subscription is over.

At the moment we ignore this fact, but very soon, this won't possible.

In other words if you use 4.3.1 with full license and its upgrade subscription expired before the 4.3.1 release data it is not legal.

Cs-cart in helpdesk has only latest version to download. So what you are saying if my upgrades are over and and my current version is is 4.2.x and for some reason I need to install cart from scratch I will not see 4.3.1 in helpdesk to download? I will see 4.2 right?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1433761810' post='217797']

That's not quite true. You can do it right now but this is not allowed by license agreement.

You can use the version that was released before your upgrade subscription is over.

At the moment we ignore this fact, but very soon, this won't possible.

In other words if you use 4.3.1 with full license and its upgrade subscription expired before the 4.3.1 release data it is not legal.

[/quote]

I personally think its not fair to charge money for x releases like 4.3.x at all as they are mostly small fixes. As I said in other topic, I am not positive if updates paid team is actually working on product I paid for…

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1433764423' post='217811']

Cs-cart in helpdesk has only latest version to download. So what you are saying if my upgrades are over and and my current version is is 4.2.x and for some reason I need to install cart from scratch I will not see 4.3.1 in helpdesk to download? I will see 4.2 right?

[/quote]

In your file area you see the latest version available during the period your upgrade subscription was valid. It is working this way for many years already.

Keep in mind that there are two places where you can find the CS-Cart package:

Thanks for clarification.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1433756558' post='217776']

$195 Year subscription vs $110 Lifetime users - I do not thing that's a disadvantage for Lifetime users.

[/quote]

You are picking and choosing there. The $195 for the yearly sub members includes:

Year upgrades

FB

Ebay

Searchanise

Twigmo

Now, for a lifetime license holder, it would cost $523/year for:

Year upgrades

FB

Ebay

Searchanise

Twigmo

I am not sure what you are not seeing saying it is not a disadvantage for lifetime users, when a lifetime user will have to pay $328/year MORE than a non-lifetime user for the same product.