New look-n-feel of the admin panel

Quite like the new design - things are simpler to find, however the drop down menus are a bit of a problem mainly because they drop down too far and I am having to page scroll to find the bottom items.

Do the top drop down menus - admin, settings, design - need to have so much white space between each item? I would prefer them to be a simple list like the current quick menu.

Do the main drop down menus - orders, customers, website etc - really need a description for every item. Once you know what each one does you dont need to be told every time you click the menu. Surely good documentation would eliminate the need and this would then significantly shorten the drop down menus.

Hetha

Great new design and skin - looks really great.

Now it would be great if you could create diff users to login into admin panel.

Stock User (Can only add stock / edit categories)

Developer User (Can change site layout) etc…

Admin user can assign / edit roles to specific users…

Please consider this as its quite risky having 1 admin type of login when you need different people to log into backend.,

I think functions like backing up a database and restoring a db / editing tpl files should only be accessible to admins.:wink: :wink:

[quote name=‘JGift’]Great new design and skin - looks really great.

Now it would be great if you could create diff users to login into admin panel.

Stock User (Can only add stock / edit categories)

Developer User (Can change site layout) etc…

Admin user can assign / edit roles to specific users…

Please consider this as its quite risky having 1 admin type of login when you need different people to log into backend.,

I think functions like backing up a database and restoring a db / editing tpl files should only be accessible to admins.:wink: ;)[/QUOTE]

This is already available in user group permissions, by default you are the super admin when you set up the cart. you can define all other users group permissions so you would create a group such as Processor and assign that group just processing permissions.Then you would assign particular users(administrators) to that group

John

John

[quote name=‘Hetha’]Quite like the new design - things are simpler to find, however the drop down menus are a bit of a problem mainly because they drop down too far and I am having to page scroll to find the bottom items.

Hetha[/QUOTE]

agree. drop-down menu in the uncomfortable administrator. more like a game of “Hit the button” than a professional job.

[quote name=‘Hetha’]Quite like the new design - things are simpler to find, however the drop down menus are a bit of a problem mainly because they drop down too far and I am having to page scroll to find the bottom items.[/quote]

We thought about it and made it possible to turn the submenu hints off to reduce the height of every dropdown menu and avoid page scrolling. :wink:

You are GOOD!!!

For this verry best admin is necessary to implement in dashboard graphical charts like magento and create tabs to elimination scrool in dashboard

[quote name=‘admin’]We thought about it and made it possible to turn the submenu hints off to reduce the height of every dropdown menu and avoid page scrolling. ;-)[/QUOTE]

That would be great.

Just checked the new admin and it looks great.

Also, with all the new options… new Jquery, janrain, prettyphoto, facebook implementation, and so on, I can’t wait to try it out. Looks like you guys really have a killer released planned for us!

The only thing i’m sad about, is all the money I spent on add-ons in the last months while developing my new shop that will now become unnecessary!

Good lesson for the future: sometimes it’s better to wait until the official release will have the functions you’re looking for.

[quote name=‘Flow’]The only thing i’m sad about, is all the money I spent on add-ons in the last months while developing my new shop that will now become unnecessary!

Good lesson for the future: sometimes it’s better to wait until the official release will have the functions you’re looking for.[/quote]

Let me share a secret with you: we are currently comletely reworking the storefront part of CS-Cart. And one of the next releases(later this summer) will introduce a lot of changes in internal HTML code, template structure and layout alterations.

We understand that this will cause many upgrade issues for highly customized stores but we have no other choice as we do want to continue evolving and improving CS-Cart.

It’s a tough dilemma for us as a software maker: whether to introduce more changes and improve the software or try to keep everything as is to simplify the upgrades. And the first option is our choice.

[QUOTE]The only thing i’m sad about, is all the money I spent on add-ons in the last months while developing my new shop that will now become unnecessary![/QUOTE]

However, on a positive note, you have to admit it will be nice to know that you will not have to be concerned with having your 3rd party mods updated to be compatible with future releases, as some of these you are mentioning will now be part of the core release. :wink:

Of course it would be fantastic if we can just stick the the basic CS-cart with a custom template. Seems like this could actually be the case.

Stopping my custom development for now… and will wait for the next release!

[quote]

It’s a tough dilemma for us as a software maker: whether to introduce more changes and improve the software or try to keep everything as is to simplify the upgrades. And the first option is our choice.

[/quote]

Develop and adhere to an API then you can leave the presentation separate instead of embedding business logic in the templates and passing all the flags from the business layer to the presentation layer. New features you add can be addressed by new templates but adding of new features won’t break existing implementations at either the template (presentation) level or the php (business) level.

[quote name=‘admin’]We thought about it and made it possible to turn the submenu hints off to reduce the height of every dropdown menu and avoid page scrolling. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Great news!! :cool:

Thank you - looking forward to upgrade

Hetha

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Develop and adhere to an API then you can leave the presentation separate instead of embedding business logic in the templates and passing all the flags from the business layer to the presentation layer. New features you add can be addressed by new templates but adding of new features won’t break existing implementations at either the template (presentation) level or the php (business) level.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this would be a MUCH better, and maybe even the only solution on how to move forward.

For this verry best admin is necessary to implement in dashboard graphical charts like magento and create tabs to elimination scrool in dashboard

[quote name=‘andreycosmin’]For this verry best admin is necessary to implement in dashboard graphical charts like magento and create tabs to elimination scrool in dashboard

[/quote]

Thank you for this suggestion!

We will surely rework dashboard to make it more compact and informative. Most probably these changes will done in the next after upcoming release.

Add this… to filter products (Search in catalog-> products) image y/n ?

so you can see which products DON’t OR DOES have an image tied to it… so you can easyly find the ones missing images etc…

in function fn_get_product_filter_fields()

ADD

```php + // filter by images

•           'I' => array (
  •                  'db_field' => 'image_id',
  •                 'table' => 'images_links',
+                    'description' => 'myimages',
+ 'condition_type' => 'D',
+ 'is_range' => false,
+ ), ```

in function fn_get_products($params, $items_per_page = 0, $lang_code = CART_LANGUAGE)

ADD
```php 'match' => '',
+ 'myimages' => 'N',
'sort_by' => '',
```

```php
+if (AREA != 'C') {
+ array_push($fields, 'pairsid.image_id');
+}

// Define sort fields
$sortings = array (
'code' => 'product
```

```php
+if (AREA != 'C') {
+ $join .=" LEFT JOIN ?:images_links as pairsid ON pairsid.object_id = products.product_id ";
+}
//
// [Advanced and feature filters]
//
```

AND lastly

```php if (AREA != 'C') {
+ if (!empty($params['myimages'])) {
+ if ($params['myimages']=='N') {
+ $condition .= db_quote(" AND image_id=0");
+ } else {
+ $condition .= db_quote(" AND image_id <>0");
+ }
+ }
+}
// Search products by localization
$condition .= fn_get_localizations_condition('products.localization', true);
$condition .= ```

then you need to add it in the admin view portion... just a simple show

views/products/components/products_search_form.tpl

```php

{$lang.images}:

--
{$lang.yes}
{$lang.no}

```

i can integrate for 25$ ;)

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Develop and adhere to an API then you can leave the presentation separate instead of embedding business logic in the templates and passing all the flags from the business layer to the presentation layer. New features you add can be addressed by new templates but adding of new features won’t break existing implementations at either the template (presentation) level or the php (business) level.[/QUOTE]

Actually interspire does this quite well, views are seperate from data and data seperate from DB layer…all has it’s own space

[quote name=‘admin’]Thank you for this suggestion!

We will surely rework dashboard to make it more compact and informative. Most probably these changes will done in the next after upcoming release.[/QUOTE]

When the new version was ready