New look-n-feel of the admin panel

I am trying to login with my forum name & pw but it’s not working. Checked 3 times… :eek:

Personally, still like the design for 2.0.12, Using it for a long time, but when check the new admin skin, I am feel not so good, maybe too many colors or texts or icons make me feel too complicated.

I think admin panel just need to keep it as simple as possible. For the dashboard, it is better to make it customizable for each admin group.

Drop down menu for admin panel is not a good idea, because, when we mouse on it, it will drop many sub-categories, but as a admin, we not like customer, need to browse the categories all the time, we may use a single function (like edit product) for a long time. We just need it to display when we click it.

Just my personal idea.

[quote name=‘michael’]Personally, still like the design for 2.0.12, Using it for a long time, but when check the new admin skin, I am feel not so good, maybe too many colors or texts or icons make me feel too complicated.

I think admin panel just need to keep it as simple as possible. For the dashboard, it is better to make it customizable for each admin group.

Drop down menu for admin panel is not a good idea, because, when we mouse on it, it will drop many sub-categories, but as a admin, we not like customer, need to browse the categories all the time, we may use a single function (like edit product) for a long time. We just need it to display when we click it.

Just my personal idea.[/QUOTE]

I would tend to agree. The new skin is cool and and all, but for some people, the existing tabs are quick and easy over the dropdown. I can see pros and cons of both.

Here is a thought… would it be possible to have an admin option that can switch admin menu views?? (ie. category vs tab)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the comments.

[quote name=‘michael’]Personally, still like the design for 2.0.12, Using it for a long time, but when check the new admin skin, I am feel not so good, maybe too many colors or texts or icons make me feel too complicated.

[/quote]

Not sure why you say “too many colors”… Actually, new design uses two colors mostly - grey and blue. As for small hint text below the submenu items - this is an optional feature and it can be disabled in the settings section.

[quote name=‘michael’] Drop down menu for admin panel is not a good idea, because, when we mouse on it, it will drop many sub-categories, but as a admin, we not like customer, need to browse the categories all the time, we may use a single function (like edit product) for a long time. We just need it to display when we click it.[/quote]

After a number of investigations and a thorough analysis of the point we came to the dropdown menu choice and now we think that it is the most usable option. We will continue gathering users opinons on that point, but I hope that CS-Cart store owners will find the new menu look-n-fell good and useful enough :).

The new design looks good to me… anxious for the release

[quote name=‘admin’]

After a number of investigations and a thorough analysis of the point we came to the dropdown menu choice and now we think that it is the most usable option. We will continue gathering users opinons on that point, but I hope that CS-Cart store owners will find the new menu look-n-fell good and useful enough :).[/QUOTE]

A simple poll would help here…

Thanks for adding pictures next to product list in admin category.

I think it would be much better if this

admin.php?dispatch=products.manage

could be customizable of to see pictures or not as some possibly do not need this feature.

O.K its very nice and clean, BUT for example i like it when i currently click on my old admin “Administration” i have all my menus under the main menu

Settings

Add-ons

Payment methods

Database

Credit cards

Titles

Currencies

Import data

Export data

Logs

Upgrade center

Statistics

Store access

Data feeds

not woth a hover. If you change the admin menu so strong, please let the choice to use old menu style or new menu style.

WOW what for a far future version you have of cs-cart “CS-CART: version 2.2.1 PROFESSIONAL” :slight_smile: Now we have 2.1.4

[quote name=‘Triplex’]WOW what for a far future version you have of cs-cart “CS-CART: version 2.2.1 PROFESSIONAL” :slight_smile: Now we have 2.1.4[/QUOTE]

It’s because this will be a major update :smiley:

I really like the new admin skin, good work guys.

One minor critisism would be that I feel the main button for each section (for example, view products > add new product button or categories > Add new category) is not prominent enough. I just know most of my clients will miss it so I feel it should be in a colour that stands out from the rest of the elements on the page?

Apart from that, great! I much prefer the dropdown menus and especially like the separation of the admin, settings & design menus on the top right.

I really like the admin and it looks great.

My biggest problem is with the very top menus. Why did you chose to put those all the way up there? The Administration and Settings being up there are ok I guess, but I don’t like the Design menu being up there.

If you are a person that changes your blocks, logos, or links often, this will be kind of annoying.

To me, I’d put whatever is used the most in the main menu and then put the other stuff up top.

For example, I use the design menu quite a bit, but I don’t ever touch my Shipping/Tax menu. Why have the shipping/tax menu as a main menu when it won’t get used?

Beyond the menu placement, everything else looks great.

Brandon

The new admin interface really does looks good. Though as with any changes, it will need some time to get use to new UI. (Rem the switch from v1.x to v2.x back then…)

Can’t wait!

O my, this is nice,

But at first login i thought i logged into a interspire shopping cart admin panel.

This will take some time to forget the old admin and start using the new one…

The drop down menus don’t work at all on iphone/ipad and the highly annoying floating quick menu and other elements block the screen and render the administration panel completely useless - Sno

I am now concerned with Sno’s comments about the iPad rendering. I use my iPad for everything so I hope that CS-Cart considers slates devices when developing the new admin UI.

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I am now concerned with Sno’s comments about the iPad rendering. I use my iPad for everything so I hope that CS-Cart considers slates devices when developing the new admin UI.[/quote]

Don’t worry. We will fix the iPad related issuses before release.

Vladimir,

Great news! I am always impressed by CS-Cart. Keep up the good work!

Adam

I will stay for 2.0.12 until the next release goes to stable and make really good improvement, because it’s a huge task to upgrade a living store with many customizations.

For the new admin skin, I didn’t say there is no improvement, just personal habit to use, for the font color, prefer to use black instead of grey, and too many colors usually mean the color for different order statuses.

CScart always good, and I am use it from the first version, maybe 1.3.3 ? But still got a long way to go, especially for the speed loading.

Thanks for your feedback, Michael!

[quote name=‘admin’]Thanks for your feedback, Michael![/QUOTE]

I am glad to be a member of cscart, really good service and good features !