New addon "Quick search" is available for testing

Personally I am not interested in having my news or pages searched, but as long as you can turn that feature off and on in the Admin->General section, I don’t see any issue putting it in.

On another topic, is there a way to turn off the “Loading…” pop up that appears when you type a search? I find this distracting and unnecessary and I don’t see a reason why users need to see that. It gives the impression that the site “is slow”.

Thanks,

Chris

[quote name=‘ChrisW’]On another topic, is there a way to turn off the “Loading…” pop up that appears when you type a search? I find this distracting and unnecessary and I don’t see a reason why users need to see that. It gives the impression that the site “is slow”.

Thanks,

Chris[/quote]

Open /skins/yourskin/customer/index.tpl

and change

{include file="common_templates/loading_box.tpl"}to

{* include file="common_templates/loading_box.tpl" *}

Thanks Indy. It looks like that will turn off “Loading…” for the entire site, not sure I want to do that… Is there a way to just turn it off for the QuickSeach that you know of?

I installed the addon on several different sites including localhost and it still doesn’t work for me, nothing happens, however my suggestion is if you really want this addon to stand out and be a superstar you need to add an option to show a product image, I look forward to this functionality in an updated version :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I installed the addon on several different sites including localhost and it still doesn’t work for me, nothing happens, however my suggestion is if you really want this addon to stand out and be a superstar you need to add an option to show a product image, I look forward to this functionality in an updated version :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

In your general settings do you have pages and news checked. This addon will not show results if either or both of these are checked.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I installed the addon on several different sites including localhost and it still doesn’t work for me, nothing happens, however my suggestion is if you really want this addon to stand out and be a superstar you need to add an option to show a product image, I look forward to this functionality in an updated version :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

I installed the addon and it works fine.

You just need to generate the catalog first.

As for the product image, I already have it on my website. :wink:

http://www.inkwow.com

Oh, my web server is freaking slow right now.

Your list shows 20 item and is WAY too long, I have to scroll down to see the last 8-9 results.

I see top 10 Products then 10 Printers. thats confusing and visually too long.

I like this search function better

[url]http://www.newegg.com/[/url]

type “epson” in the search bar, and you get a list of possible search terms.

for stores with larger amts of products showing the first 10 and not linking them to a full search is frustrating and useless.

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]I installed the addon and it works fine.

You just need to generate the catalog first.

As for the product image, I already have it on my website. :wink:

http://www.inkwow.com

Oh, my web server is freaking slow right now.[/quote]

In IE7 the “Hot deals” images overlap the search result window.

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

So, here are the features you need:

1. Add news, pages, etc to the quick search (basing on the store General settings)
  2. Add product images (basing on the addon settings). The check box will be added to the settings list.

Also if the “find in news, pages…” setting is enabled, the images in the search result list will not be displayed at all.

Let me know your opinion and I’ll make these changes.

Kind regards.

I think those are good changes to make.

One more suggestion the search should take the user to the product detail page instead of the search results page if the result is a specific product. This will save the user a click since the results page will only have a single result on it.

[quote name=‘alexions’]Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.

So, here are the features you need:

1. Add news, pages, etc to the quick search (basing on the store General settings)
  2. Add product images (basing on the addon settings). The check box will be added to the settings list.

Also if the “find in news, pages…” setting is enabled, the images in the search result list will not be displayed at all.

Let me know your opinion and I’ll make these changes.

Kind regards.[/QUOTE]

it will be nice if you do it!

-=-=-=-=-=-

and i got a some problem:

in my shop i have a samsung’s tv:

Samsung LE-40A756R1M

Samsung LE-40B530

Samsung LE-40B531

etc.

and if i put:

samsung le-40

and i see nothing from this, just anothe samsungs models:

[ATTACH]1723[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1724[/ATTACH]

AND

if i put name of product like this:

amsung le-40

w/o first -“s”

than -OK

[ATTACH]1726[/ATTACH]

ALL it tested on home page and sub directories withe settings in search “-All categories-”

[ATTACH]1727[/ATTACH]

can u fix it?

Tested on CS-CART 2.0.13

Thanks

sams4.jpg

sams3.jpg

sams2.jpg

sams.jpg

I’m glad to announce the new version of the add-on (1.5). The download link in my first message was updated.

Changelog:

---------------------------------------------------------------

[+] Ability to search by news and pages added.

[+] Small images for the products added.

[+] Openning the object page on click added.

[+] Ability to search for products only by titles added.

[*] Design was corrected.

So, let’s view the changes in more details.

[+] Ability to search by news and pages added.

There are new settings in the Admin panel (On the addon settings page):

Number of news in the search results (you should enable “Search in news” first) and

Number of pages in the search result (you should enable “Search in pages” first)

If the “search in pages and news” settings is enabled on the General settings page in the Admin panel, you can define how many lines will be displayed in the result search list. The search will be performed in news and pages as well.

[+] Small images for the products added.

New option “Show product images in the popup menu” was added to the add-on’s setting page. If the “search in pages and news” settings is disabled, you will see a small images in the search result list in the customer area.

[+] Openning the object page on click.

Just click on a product, page, news in the search result list in the customer area and you will be redirected on the detailed page instead of the default search result page.

[+] Ability to search products only by title added.

This option means that the search will be performed only in product titles (no descriptions and etc) using the “LIKE” functionality.

So

[quote name=‘market’]

Samsung LE-40A756R1M

Samsung LE-40B530

Samsung LE-40B531

etc.

and if i put:

samsung le-40

and i see nothing from this

[/QUOTE]

You will get the correct results. Yet, as I mentioned before, the search will be performed only in product titles.

Please test this new version and let me know your opinion.

P.S. REINSTALL add-on and remember to regenerate the search catalog.

All the best.

[quote name=‘alexions’]I’m glad to announce the new version of the add-on (1.5). The download link in my first message was updated.[/quote]

Hi Alexions,

Unfortunately it seems that firefox’s autosuggest /cached search is overwriting the quicksearch javascript display.

Another issue I came across was only one result being provided. ie “artesia” resulted in a gooseneck product without “Artesia” in the product title.

I have since removed 1.5 and replaced it with 1.2 at this time.

J.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Another issue I came across was only one result being provided. ie “artesia” resulted in a gooseneck product without “Artesia” in the product title[/QUOTE]

Same issue here. Using the demo data and searching for “adidas” returns only one item.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Same issue here. Using the demo data and searching for “adidas” returns only one item.

Bob[/QUOTE]

yes, only one.

and we need this:

Match type:

any of the search words

all of the search words

exact phrase

because i still got a broblem(post #53)

and this:

Search settings:

“Product name”

“Short description”

“Full description”

“Keywords”

“Search in news”

“Search in pages”

hi! i have problem with resault in UTF-8.

Untitled-2.jpg

The 1.5 version is the only version that is working for me now, I like it - Sno

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Same issue here. Using the demo data and searching for “adidas” returns only one item.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Same results here… or lack there of.