Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

I really hope next time before inventing a wheel you will make at least a poll in this forum to see what users who make a living out of this software actually think..

Billing and shipping address seperating will come next versions with better profiling right?

I tried to add profil field "company" to shipping adress, but i didnt have the profil fields in new checkout.

On the new checkout, it is achieved as follows:

1. Go to Design > Layouts.
2. Switch to the Checkout tab.
3. Find the block with the shipping address (by default it's called Address).
4. Click the gear icon of that block and switch to the Content tab.

There you'll be able to add a shipping address field to checkout. Here's an article and a video that should help.

Hi in new checkout page Payment category 3 But show whole payment in one screen. How can we setup show 3 category??

https://prnt.sc/nyrroy

On the new checkout, it is achieved as follows:

1. Go to Design > Layouts.
2. Switch to the Checkout tab.
3. Find the block with the shipping address (by default it's called Address).
4. Click the gear icon of that block and switch to the Content tab.

There you'll be able to add a shipping address field to checkout. Here's an article and a video that should help.

Yes, thanks.

But this is saved in shipping adress than, not in contact informations.

We have companies as customers.

Please explain me, where should i save the whole (company name, first name, last name, street, city, country) customer informations?

In contact information section or shipping Adress?

when i add last and firstname in shipping adress, than the customer must fill out twice (in shipping adress and contact informations section)

i never understood why cs cart use contact informations, billing adress and shipping adress.

So i never used the contact informations in our stores. I uses only billing adress and shipping adress. So i had in billing adress all customer informations.

But now with the new update, where is the right place for the full customer informations?

Yes, thanks.

But this is saved in shipping adress than, not in contact informations.

When you create a profile field, select the "Contact information" section. You'll then be able to add it to the "Customer information" block, just like fields from the "Shipping address" section go to the "Address" block.

also new checkout have still a lot of buggy, select state with select box. and click shipments. its reset states, when you reload page then show correct state

This bug has been fixed, and the fix will be a part of 4.10.2. Thank you for reporting it.

Billing and shipping address seperating will come next versions with better profiling right?

We're still looking into the issue of billing and shipping address. Once I know for certain whether or not it will be reintroduced (and when exactly), I'll let you know.

Ok i hope you understand billing/shipping important for all cs-cart users. And plase prepare more usable, thank you.

This is ridiculous .. The Customer profiles and how retail vs company/wholesale customers interact with the Checkout needs to be SMARTER not Dumbed down. CS cart have lost the plot on this one.

For example we have cutomers that have requested that email notification are sent to both their accounts dept. (billing) and to their storepersons (Shipping addr).

For Companies the email address needs to be under Billing and Shipping separately.

Make it smarter.... and please test functionality more thoroughly before releasing it for us to find the somewhat obvious bugs.

Cs-cart licence holders are trying to run a business not play bugcatcher for its programmers.!

This bug has been fixed, and the fix will be a part of 4.10.2. Thank you for reporting it.

We're still looking into the issue of billing and shipping address. Once I know for certain whether or not it will be reintroduced (and when exactly), I'll let you know.

Waiting to inform us

After the upgrading from Upgrade 4.9.3.SP1 - 4.10.1 i've got the error below:

Smarty: Unable to load template tygh 'views/checkout/components/payments/payments_list.tpl' in 'views/checkout/components/payments/payment_methods.tpl' -->

does anyone knows what causing this error and how to fix it?

After the upgrading from Upgrade 4.9.3.SP1 - 4.10.1 i've got the error below:

Smarty: Unable to load template tygh 'views/checkout/components/payments/payments_list.tpl' in 'views/checkout/components/payments/payment_methods.tpl' -->

does anyone knows what causing this error and how to fix it?

Make sure the file exists and has correct permissions.

Dear friends,

Thank you so much for trying to explain the problems of 4.10 in the most constructive way.

We do appreciate and value your feedback and it is very important for me as a PM to make a product better.

I will summarise 2 main problems at the moment:

1. Inability to enter the phone in any numeric format

2. Problems with Billing and Shipping address.

Before we discuss these problem let me explain why we did this:

1. This was done in order to normalise data in order and customer tables. Many of our clients make integrations with 3rd party CRM that has automatic call systems, besides when you as admin click on the phone from your mobile device you can call the client right away only if it in correct format. So the idea was to help customer enter the phone number with less mistakes, so the admin has less work to do with filtering this out.

2. From our statistics most store owners work on b2c market, and old checkout was a real problem for them. It's outdated for 10 years at least. And we obviously wanted to make it modern and usable for your clients with such feature as: automatic geolocation, minimum of fields, mobile-friendly . So this was the main idea. Unfortunately we did not digg in into b2b model and that is why from my point of view we have all this discussion.

Our Plans:

1. We will add ability to disable phone in international format, not sure in what why, but there will be some kind of option. (planned for 4.10.2)

2. In order to fix this we should understand the good modern practices and main scenarios

Possible solution at checkout customer selects whether he/she is a company or a regular person. If he is a regular person checkout stays as it is!

In case he selects that he represents a company - there are some extra field (these that previously were in billing sections)

Please note! that I'm no going to bring all the billing fields back for a regular person for cases like he buys for someone else, or he buys from another country. because:

- billing address when you are paying with card is obsolete for most of world payments.

- it can be easily solved by comments to an order

So please answer the following questions:

1. do you need billing address at checkout?

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

3. what approx percent of b2c compare to b2b sales on your site

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

Dear imac

if you sell products only one country why customer enter international code. Or add country international code manual site admin only customer digit number.

And the other amazon or the other store choose if add shipping adress or billing adress before choose very quickly why cant we do this

Dear friends,

Thank you so much for trying to explain the problems of 4.10 in the most constructive way.

We do appreciate and value your feedback and it is very important for me as a PM to make a product better.

I will summarise 2 main problems at the moment:

1. Inability to enter the phone in any numeric format

2. Problems with Billing and Shipping address.

Before we discuss these problem let me explain why we did this:

1. This was done in order to normalise data in order and customer tables. Many of our clients make integrations with 3rd party CRM that has automatic call systems, besides when you as admin click on the phone from your mobile device you can call the client right away only if it in correct format. So the idea was to help customer enter the phone number with less mistakes, so the admin has less work to do with filtering this out.

2. From our statistics most store owners work on b2c market, and old checkout was a real problem for them. It's outdated for 10 years at least. And we obviously wanted to make it modern and usable for your clients with such feature as: automatic geolocation, minimum of fields, mobile-friendly . So this was the main idea. Unfortunately we did not digg in into b2b model and that is why from my point of view we have all this discussion.

Our Plans:

1. We will add ability to disable phone in international format, not sure in what why, but there will be some kind of option. (planned for 4.10.2)

2. In order to fix this we should understand the good modern practices and main scenarios

Possible solution at checkout customer selects whether he/she is a company or a regular person. If he is a regular person checkout stays as it is!

In case he selects that he represents a company - there are some extra field (these that previously were in billing sections)

Please note! that I'm no going to bring all the billing fields back for a regular person for cases like he buys for someone else, or he buys from another country. because:

- billing address when you are paying with card is obsolete for most of world payments.

- it can be easily solved by comments to an order

So please answer the following questions:

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

Dear Ilya,

First- My answers to your inquires:

1- We don't need billing address at checkout.

2- I have both B2B and B2C. In both stores, we don't need billing address. We also find it as an oudated approach.

3- B2B is with low percentage compared to B2C.

4- Although I am happy with depricated billing address, I can share with you my thoughts. Please see below my thoughts:

Second- Best Practice Address Implementations:

I recently purchased from Dell.com in US, they have the following:

1- A user can add as many addresses as he wish. (Similar to CS-Cart Multiple Profile Feature). https://prnt.sc/nz8geg

2- The first address profile (the default one) is automatically considered as Bililng, Shipping and Contact profile.

3- When filling any additional address profile, there is an option to select what is the type of the address (shipping, billing or contact info). https://prnt.sc/nz8gtx

For CS-Cart case, you just need to add options to select the type of address when the user create additional address profile.

Third- My ideas on the international phone field. Please note that the below approach is becoming widely implemented.

There should be two separate fields one for the international codes (dropdown list) and the other for phone numbers (input field), should be like this:

1- The phone field should allow only telephone number without country code. So users enter their phone number without any international codes.
2- All country codes should be listed as a dropdown list to the left of the phone field (can be beautified by adding Country Flag icons).
3- The country code list should contain all countries that the store can ship to. Thus, the list will be retrieved from Shipping Locations/Rate Areas.
4- The default value of the country code should be selected dynamically based on the users location (easily utilizing the new Maps and Geo-location Addon).
5- The value of the country code and the phone field should be combined and stored altogether in the phone column inside the database. Thus can be used for integrations with CRMs and SMS services.

Last but not least, I should say that I am very happy with the new product variations. It is awesome. Great work.

Regards,

Alaa

[b]So please answer the following questions:[/b]

1. Yes we need billing address at checkout if customer select company
2. We are work b2c but a lot of customers want invoices to own company
3. Its not b2b b2c work its just invoicing , coz companies using invoice for expense
4. We are work only local not wolrdwide

My advices for profiling
if customer begin checkout in delivery addresses. customer first select billing address with radio button. later select shipping address with radio button.

if customer not have stored profile, address profile box opening and when customer click save. checkout step seleecting this profile automatically both ( shipping and billing ) customer still can be add new profile for shipping ( if want different address. also if click "Same As Billing Address" hidding delivery address area. you can do similar things. i think best way this.

You can check this system billing shipping addressing step, its good solution
https://v8.demo.yo-kart.com/checkout

4.10.1 still has "Billing Address" profile fields marked as deprecated, and international format for phone numbers. That hasn't changed because we can't make any changes to a version after its release.

Any changes regarding that will only occur in versions that come after 4.10.1. We are already working on 4.10.2. Apart from bug fixes, it will most likely include the ability to disable the requirement for international phone numbers. That change is still being developed and tested. As for the billing and shipping address, even if it doesn't make it to 4.10.2, it's still something we're looking into.

In short: if these issues are critical for your store, it's best to wait until they're addressed in 4.10.2 or 4.10.3, and then do multiple upgrades on the same day. This approach is also better for those who use third-party add-ons: by that time, developers may adapt their add-ons to 4.10.x.

Thank you for the update and yes I will wait until all that is fixed

Make sure the file exists and has correct permissions.

The file exist with the right permission and yet still having the issue. I end up activating the step-by-step checkout.

Looks like this is the beginning of hunting bugs again instead of being excited with all the updates.

Concerning the new checkout, what if you have 20+ payment options!?

"Why so many?" We have a customer with a website selling worldwide.
"Why not limiting payment options to country". Just 1 example, there are plenty of customers living in Germany near the border of the Netherlands and they have a DUTCH bank, which in that case prevents them from ordering.

There where customers from country a, actually ordering whilst they where in country b. So always a bad idea.

Concerning the billing address.

Is it actually completely removed? So just one address possibile? What if someone buys something as a birthday present for someone else? That's actually happening quite a l lot in our store.

Concerning the new checkout, what if you have 20+ payment options!?

"Why so many?" We have a customer with a website selling worldwide.
"Why not limiting payment options to country". Just 1 example, there are plenty of customers living in Germany near the border of the Netherlands and they have a DUTCH bank, which in that case prevents them from ordering.

There where customers from country a, actually ordering whilst they where in country b. So always a bad idea.

Concerning the billing address.

Is it actually completely removed? So just one address possibile? What if someone buys something as a birthday present for someone else? That's actually happening quite a l lot in our store.

Last time I checked SEPA doesn't require any specific country for the bank to reside in, unless you are referring to iDeal, which basically is a facaded SEPA transaction.