Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Last time I checked SEPA doesn't require any specific country for the bank to reside in, unless you are referring to iDeal, which basically is a facaded SEPA transaction.

I'm referring to many payment options. Bancontact for Belgium, Giropay for Germany. etc. Just pre-splaining why there are so many because i knew the first reply was going to be "why so many payment options".

Question still stands though. How does the new checkout going to function with a lot of payment options?

I'm referring to many payment options. Bancontact for Belgium, Giropay for Germany. etc. Just pre-splaining why there are so many because i knew the first reply was going to be "why so many payment options".

Question still stands though. How does the new checkout going to function with a lot of payment options?

Last time I checked no checkouts function with that absurd amount of payment options. All our clients use different payment methods per country and never got a inquiry about a payment method not being present. Even with the edge scenario you described.

Last time I checked no checkouts function with that absurd amount of payment options. All our clients use different payment methods per country and never got a inquiry about a payment method not being present. Even with the edge scenario you described.

Giving answers to questions not asked, feels a bit like trolling.
I've never mentioned any amount of payment options, i have no business with your customers and just in the NL alone there's a fair amount of payment options. That might be absurd for your customers website, unfortunatly they're not for mine. If it was me, there was one payment option,

Our biggest CS.Cart customer ships worldwide on a daily base. In the past we've had payment methods set to countries and right away that was giving issues and i am not talking about one per month, trust me, i'd rather have it some other way. This might be due to the type of products they're selling. The buyers are usually the traveling type and as soon they're outside the country, ordering is impossible. And that's shit for the conversions :)

In every demo of the new checkout page i keep seeing 4 options to pay.

In our country alone it isn't 'absurd' to offer

1) iDeal

2) Paypal
3) Bank transfer
4) Acceptgiro

5) Afterpay, sometimes even Klarna or Billink as an extra aswell
6) Creditcard (not every CC user wants to use Paypal)
7) Fashion Cheque and/or some other card.
8) Pickup from store

I've setup 12 options;
23r8vf7.png

That looks just silly.
There should be more flexibility. Why not 5 per row, or smaller buttons. (we can code that ourselves)
Maybe even integrating horizontal tabs for a payment category like there are categories in the old version.

Internet payments / Creditcards and giftcards

Shouldn't be to difficult to make this possible by default.

Giving answers to questions not asked, feels a bit like trolling.
I've never mentioned any amount of payment options, i have no business with your customers and just in the NL alone there's a fair amount of payment options. That might be absurd for your customers website, unfortunatly they're not for mine. If it was me, there was one payment option,

Our biggest CS.Cart customer ships worldwide on a daily base. In the past we've had payment methods set to countries and right away that was giving issues and i am not talking about one per month, trust me, i'd rather have it some other way. This might be due to the type of products they're selling. The buyers are usually the traveling type and as soon they're outside the country, ordering is impossible. And that's shit for the conversions :)

In every demo of the new checkout page i keep seeing 4 options to pay.

In our country alone it isn't 'absurd' to offer

1) iDeal

2) Paypal
3) Bank transfer
4) Acceptgiro

5) Afterpay, sometimes even Klarna or Billink as an extra aswell
6) Creditcard (not every CC user wants to use Paypal)
7) Fashion Cheque and/or some other card.
8) Pickup from store

I've setup 12 options;
23r8vf7.png

That looks just silly.
There should be more flexibility. Why not 5 per row, or smaller buttons. (we can code that ourselves)
Maybe even integrating horizontal tabs for a payment category like there are categories in the old version.

Internet payments / Creditcards and giftcards

Shouldn't be to difficult to make this possible by default.

Then make that change and distribute it as an add-on. You could also allow payment methods from only the country itself and adjacent countries if you want.

Regarding travelling customers, isn't that what the separate billing / shipping address is for?

And for design choices, maybe create a list of radio buttons or some sort of sorting functionality. It will allow you to fit a lot more onto that small real estate.

My point exactly. It shouldn't be neccassary to create a addon or a change for something that should be flexible from the layout options.

Customers going to a diffrent country and ordering something that's delivered to their home. Either way, that option is gone aswell, since they're switching to only one address afaik. It doubles up... Better looking, less functionality.

My point exactly. It shouldn't be neccassary to create a addon or a change for something that should be flexible from the layout options.

Customers going to a diffrent country and ordering something that's delivered to their home. Either way, that option is gone aswell, since they're switching to only one address afaik. It doubles up... Better looking, less functionality.

Mumbomedia you are right

Before we discuss these problem let me explain why we did this:

1. This was done in order to normalise data in order and customer tables. Many of our clients make integrations with 3rd party CRM that has automatic call systems, besides when you as admin click on the phone from your mobile device you can call the client right away only if it in correct format. So the idea was to help customer enter the phone number with less mistakes, so the admin has less work to do with filtering this out.

As far as the customer is concerned, they have made no mistake, but will be annoyed by being told that there is something wrong with the phone number format. Perhaps have a country code box, and have it not-required for customers with IP address that matches the store default country.

2. From our statistics most store owners work on b2c market, and old checkout was a real problem for them. It's outdated for 10 years at least. And we obviously wanted to make it modern and usable for your clients with such feature as: automatic geolocation, minimum of fields, mobile-friendly . So this was the main idea. Unfortunately we did not digg in into b2b model and that is why from my point of view we have all this discussion.

Where are you getting this statistic from? How are you defining "most" ? Why are you separating b2c and b2b anyway?

My guess is that "most" store admins will require their eCommerce software to cater for b2b and b2c even if only 5% of orders are b2b. 5% of 10,000 orders per year is 500 orders!!

Possible solution at checkout customer selects whether he/she is a company or a regular person. If he is a regular person checkout stays as it is!
In case he selects that he represents a company - there are some extra field (these that previously were in billing sections)

No... make it better for b2b.

1. do you need billing address at checkout?

b2c customers do not need billing address at checkout. Also do not create account at start of checkout, but give the customer the option to create account after order is placed. Also, if customer returns later but tries later and then creates account, assign all previous orders under their email address/ username.
b2b customers need billing and multiple shipping address at checkout

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

Need billing address, need separate email address for Billing and Shipping.
- For companies: need a checkbox: [Notify Bill-to] and [Notify Ship-to] to allow sending order status to addressee. Because some companies have staff placing orders (procurement,engineers,stores) .
- For companies: need a checkbox [Dropship order] which prevents sending of email to Shipping address (assuming the above is implemented), and tells packing staff not to include invoice with shipment.
For a Tax-Invoice it must have the address of the brininess claiming the deduction. If the invoice has the wrong address (the shipping address) it is not a valid invoice.

3. what approx percent of b2c compare to b2b sales on your site

Currently 4.83% of our customers companies. Note that most b2b customers place many orders, and are ongoing.
I could not get the more important statistic for % b2b vs b2c $/year.

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

TBA

0 Links

+1 for Country code dropdown.

There should be following options in the admin panel.

1. Select Country code based on geolocation addon (true/Fals)
  2. Default Country code for the check out. (Fallback logic if option no 1 is selected)

+1 for Country code dropdown.

There should be following options in the admin panel.
1. Select Country code based on geolocation addon (true/Fals)
2. Default Country code for the check out. (Fallback logic if option no 1 is selected)

First option should be do not require special formats for phone numbers

Second should be do not require country code (but it should be a separate input box).

Then if you want country codes, you can do 1/2 above.

Ideally there should be a phone format setting in admin/vendor settings like: Phone:

(%3n) %3n-%4n

or

+%1n (%3n) %3n-%4n
Do i need to involve a developer to upgrade my Multi Vendor 4.9.3SP1 to 4.10.1?
Or it is a smooth and simple upgrade?

Dear friends,

So please answer the following questions:

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

1. I need a billing adress when the customer is registering. When he buy as guest, or he buys and register at once, in need a billing adress. I will explain we need billing adress and shipping adress separted. 1. when i create an invoice, in need the correct billing adress on the invoice. how will the data came from, when there is no billing adress in cs cart? 2. Many customers wants the order shipped to a diiferent adress (company, sister, grandma etc) but the customer needs a invoice (e.d for gurantee) ,too. In this case we need two adresses and i need to know which is the shipipng in which the billing. 3. we export all orders to erp system. It must be declare which data are for Billing and which for shipping.

When you find a way to collect the billing data without checkout, ok. I dont know how this should work with guest accounts. Ever e commerce store using billing and shipping adress separated (amazon, ebay) why cs cart not anymore?

2. Yes and no, but thats not the point. Customers also need an invoice (i wrote above) and in germany, i must create an invoice for any order for tax office. i dont know how the rest of the world handle this, but we must have an invoice for every order.

3. 50/50

4. i dont know why you think it is an b2b problem.

If he is a regular person checkout stays as it is!

Please not, this would be the end for cs cart for all of my clients.

another case why we need billing adress in bc2

A normal customer buys something but this is a present for his wife, so he will shipped the order to his office.

He will fill out the shipping to like this

company name

Customer Name

Company Adress

When this are the only adress data i have as store admin, i create an invoice with the company data from shipping adress. But this where not a correct tax invoice, because this company never bought something from me.

From the posts above, it is clear that it is not only B2B that needs Billing Address, and it is B2c also that needs valid Tax Invoice.

Re: Phone No. filtering:

I'm not sure about other countries, but in AU a phone no. of 0417 123 456 will drop the "0" when in international format to +61417123456. So please allow customer to enter it as they like:
Country Code Dropdown: +61 and Phone No: 0417 123 456 then TRIM leading, trailing and separating whitespace.
Many customers Copy/Pase address and Phone details which may include whitespace so allow it to be entered with whitespace and then trim/clean before applying validity tests while saving.

Customer should be allowed to enter as +61 then "0417 123 456", "417 123 456", "0417123456", "417123456", "0417-123-456" or " 0417 123 456 " and get cleaned/stripped to +61417123456 when saving to profile.

So please answer the following questions:

1. Yes regardless of whether it's a b2b or b2c

2. Yes. Purchase an item for a gift to be shipped to someone else. Hence billing/shipping are different.

3. For me, 100% b2b but my customers are mostly b2c.

4. Amazon is probably easiest. They support a variety of payment methods (which relate to multiple billing addresses for a registered user) and a variety of ship-to addresses. So it's a many-many relationship. They use the last-selected as the default for the current order but it's easily changed via radio buttons and/or "new" for both shipping and billing (actually they call it payment method but most require at least a zipcode).

Any payment method other than CC probably requires full billing/shipping address info where CC probably just requires CC. However, Square will use billing zipcode in addition to zipcode entered with card data to more fully detect fraudulent activity..

Please note! that I'm no going to bring all the billing fields back for a regular person for cases like he buys for someone else, or he buys from another country. because:

- billing address when you are paying with card is obsolete for most of world payments.

- it can be easily solved by comments to an order

Say what? Are you trying to eliminate the use of CS Cart in USA? We rely heavily on the billing address for fraud protection. All US banks participate in address verification. Many of our customers regardless of B2B or B2C ship to alternate addresses. How can you so easily generalize billing and shipping. We do not accept credit cards from International customers because most do not provide address verification and those customers are forced to an alternate payment like PayPal.

On another note: I came to this forum today to see why I am not seeing the releases available to us. I was not aware that the issues are as big as they are, well, not in CS Cart's eyes I guess. Am I missiing something! I did not see this change listed in the Blog or Change log! This is a huge change and it should be in giant bold letters in an email blast.

As far as the phone number is concerned. Not sure it is an issue but CS cart should automatically fill in that field of the phone number when the customer selects the country and make it editable just in case the customer has a phone number from a different country.

Ughh, it amazes me how many potential CSC users are going to upgrade without knowing the true severity of the changes. Hope you guys are getting ready for lots of support requests. Guess we will have to wait for release 4.11

Just in case it wasn't absolutely clear we need billing and shipping address fields. It is very easy for the customer to tick a button to ship to an alternate address.

Do i need to involve a developer to upgrade my Multi Vendor 4.9.3SP1 to 4.10.1?
Or it is a smooth and simple upgrade?

If you have no third party addons, it should be smooth and straightforward. If you have third party addons, especially those that extends the checkout and products funcations, then you would need a developer.

When you change the delivery City,
a pop up appears with the following message:
"Enter city and state and click here to update shipping rates"
the "click" isn't working, (F5 helps).
Note: we disabled "State" (not usefull for us).
2. When the customers changes the country, nothing works anymore.
the "click" isn't working, (F5 puts old country back).
Note: we disabled "State" (not usefull in Europe).
3. Why does the customer see the shipping methods double ? New and old ?
(The old shipping methods radio button turns white after clicking.)
4. is it possible to move "City" to address block ?
Chris

When you change the delivery City or country
a pop up appears with the following message:

the "click" isn't working, (F5 helps).

Note: we disabled "State" (not usefull for us).

I've reproduced the problem at https://demo.cs-cart.com and will forward it to our developers. It occurs only when the "State" field is removed from checkout. For now, it's best to readd it.

Just in case, if you'd like to change the text of the message, go to Administration > Languages > Translations and find the following language variable: lite_checkout.click_here_to_update_shipping

3. Why does the customer see the shipping methods double ? New and old ?
(The old shipping methods radio button turns white after clicking.)

This didn't occur to me at https://demo.cs-cart.com. Please provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce that problem at the demo, or contact our technical support via Help Desk regarding this.

4. is it possible to move "City" to address block ?

Technically no, but visually yes. The city, country and state were moved at the beginning because they help to determine available shipping methods. And not all shipping methods require address. But you can put the Deliver to and Address blocks next to each other on the checkout page.

I've reproduced the problem at https://demo.cs-cart.com and will forward it to our developers. It occurs only when the "State" field is removed from checkout. For now, it's best to readd it.

Just in case, if you'd like to change the text of the message, go to Administration > Languages > Translations and find the following language variable: lite_checkout.click_here_to_update_shipping

This didn't occur to me at https://demo.cs-cart.com. Please provide step-by-step instructions how to reproduce that problem at the demo, or contact our technical support via Help Desk regarding this.

Technically no, but visually yes. The city, country and state were moved at the beginning because they help to determine available shipping methods. And not all shipping methods require address. But you can put the Deliver to and Address blocks next to each other on the checkout page.

1. Yes regardless of whether it's a b2b or b2c

2. Yes. Purchase an item for a gift to be shipped to someone else. Hence billing/shipping are different.

It's not a good idea to create extra fields for such rare case. And this can be solved by a comment.

4. Amazon is probably easiest. They support a variety of payment methods (which relate to multiple billing addresses for a registered user) and a variety of ship-to addresses. So it's a many-many relationship. They use the last-selected as the default for the current order but it's easily changed via radio buttons and/or "new" for both shipping and billing (actually they call it payment method but most require at least a zipcode).

Any payment method other than CC probably requires full billing/shipping address info where CC probably just requires CC. However, Square will use billing zipcode in addition to zipcode entered with card data to more fully detect fraudulent activity..

I did not find billing address on Amazon. Only multiple shipping profiles. If you can provide me with screen that would help.