Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations

Sorry for the wait. We have discovered an issue with the conversion of old variations to new variations in some specific cases. It is being addressed now. We expect to make upgrades available to everyone over the course of this week.

I agree with all the comments about billing/shipping addresses and phone number, if they stay the way they are I will not upgrade either, one lost sale because of this is one too many, can't do that

Be interesting to her CS perspective on the tel number issue, why is it better to include country code?

The problem is we should be given a choice of enabling the country code requirement or not.

It’s absurd that it’s imposed on us, especially since it will make the checkout more cumbersome for customers.

Finally, we have no issues with the current phone number entry system… so give us the option to keep it just like you do with other changes.

+1 for the int phone formatting. There will be missed orders!

Also in some contries there are phones with only 5 digts... for example +35923582

Here is example for valid number:

https://prnt.sc/nvye8b

Hi ibizo

Country code began "+395" Your example : +395(257)885___ we want only use like this (257)885___
Because country didnt change first number, only change operator number. Why customer always must enter "+395"

The above one is for Sofia with 4-digit telephone number following ?!?

No clues how to guess the international phone numbers if there is no country code appended...

I have therefore disallowed orders by phone.

It bites...

Have not switched as the upgrade has not been offered as yet.However this phone number requirement is a big problem.Most of our customers enter their mobiles which in Australia are like 0401 999 999 etc.Now they are required to put a 61 and omit the 0, as 61 401 999 999.This is NOT how people think, people think how they talk the numbers which is 0401 999 999 etc.Please change this asap, otherwise no point in upgrading to this checkout.

I agree with all the comments about billing/shipping addresses and phone number, if they stay the way they are I will not upgrade either, one lost sale because of this is one too many, can't do that

Be interesting to her CS perspective on the tel number issue, why is it better to include country code?

The problem is we should be given a choice of enabling the country code requirement or not.It's absurd that it's imposed on us, especially since it will make the checkout more cumbersome for customers.Finally, we have no issues with the current phone number entry system... so give us the option to keep it just like you do with other changes.

I believe the best approach is to have two separate fields one for the international codes (dropdown list) and the other for phone numbers (input field), should be like this:

1- The phone field should allow only telephone number without country code. So users enter their phone number without any international codes.
2- All country codes should be listed as a dropdown list to the left of the phone field (can be beautified by adding Country Flag icons).
3- The country code list should contain all countries that the store can ship to. Thus, the list will be retrieved from Shipping Locations/Rate Areas.
4- The default value of the country code should be selected dynamically based on the users location (easily utilizing the new Maps and Geo-location Addon).
5- The value of the country code and the phone field should be combined and stored altogether in the phone column inside the database.

Please if you see the above approach fits your requirements, vote for it so that CS-Cart team implement it. It should take small modifications from CS-Cart team to get it working.

However this phone number requirement is a big problem.

Most of our customers enter their mobiles which in Australia are like 0401 999 999 etc.
Now they are required to put a 61 and omit the 0, as 61 401 999 999.

This is NOT how people think, people think how they talk the numbers which is 0401 999 999 etc.

Please change this asap, otherwise no point in upgrading to this checkout.

Ditto, the new phone filter will create Buyer Objection. We wont be up-grading. Not a smart move cscart!

Correct also shipping and billing storing same row its too bad, our some customers using same billing address but at next order they change shipping address, they build new profile, same billing address and different shipping address. It must be seperate customer must be select billing address from old if shipping different, add new address and select that. All new ecommerce systems work with this way.
If cs-cart team want perfect profiling please dont store billing and shipping address in same row, seperate thats and allow select

Am I reading this right? Is there no longer separate Billing and Shipping address for checkout?

Customer must have one account, one billing address. Multiple profile settings would be good if could limit some profiles from placing orders etc, But customer must be allowed per-order shipping address, with one billing address. Is this not possible in 4.10?

We have retail and wholesale customers, wholesale customers often want us to dropship for them.

I think, that when there are changes on such a things like checkout, there should be more disccusions, before the release.

Am I reading this right? Is there no longer separate Billing and Shipping address for checkout?

Customer must have one account, one billing address. Multiple profile settings would be good if could limit some profiles from placing orders etc, But customer must be allowed per-order shipping address, with one billing address. Is this not possible in 4.10?

We have retail and wholesale customers, wholesale customers often want us to dropship for them.

Well, while they are at it they might as well add different fields for street / house number. A lot of API's require those 2 to be seperated and not combined into one field.

I can leave cs-cart only reason address profiling. Its really important for my cs-cart client. Anyway i am waiting cs-cart team answer. I hope they will fix that big mistake and again i hope they will make better address profiling…

I really didnt understand the new profil fields / Checkout / Biling documents

you make billing adress as depricated.

How can in get billing informations from user and why you use billing data in documents, but the billing data cant be use anymore?

How can i use a different name for shipping adress or a company name?

"Deliver to" only has adress data, no name or other profil fields.

I tried to add profil field "company" to shipping adress, but i didnt have the profil fields in new checkout.

when this is not working, the new checkout is absoluty useless

Absoluty you are right new chekout really bad, cs-cart team did big mistake with new checkout, they will lose a lot of customer if still want this way

The idea of ​​a more modern, clear and simple checkout is great.
But, what were you thinking about when you remove the billing fields? And what about the format of the phone?
The majority of the platform's clients are resellers or retailers. They deal daily with end customers who already have difficulty covering certain fields, such as bundling them with the phone's format.
The billing address and shipping address must necessarily be present again.
The phone format, either a customizable pattern or plain text. Simple, practical and realistic.
Regards.

cs-cart ultimate plus will have billing added back for extra payment :D

Seriously not looking forward to future updates at this point :)

Thanks for the new checkout.

No separate shippingadress anymore.

Automatic fullname splitting in firstname and lastname is useless as well. What is with customer with two firstnames?

e.g. Hans Peter Schulz

Delete the billing information but use it in the default invoice document, what kind of joke ist that?

Cs Cart has an invoice feature with invoice number, but didint collect billing data from customer anymore.

Different shipping taxes for different zip codes didnt work automaticly in checkout because you only must fill out state and country, and than the shipping taxes will calculate. When you enter a zip than with special shipping cost, you must click on the shipping cost field, but no one tells you to do that.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:13828]

Cs-cart community is raising discussion about invoice, VAT number, shipping address etc. since 2016 (e.g. https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/42200-why-is-there-no-company-registration-and-vat-number-in-cs-cart/).

Imac was inquiring about it how it should be solved there.

When I asked a few months ago during new checkout development, if cs-cart team can include those matters to the development of the new functionality they have told me that this matter is not linked to the new checkout.

In current rate of changes, those issues should be fixed within 3 to 5 years. Stay tuned :-)

Jokes aside, could someone from the cs-cart (@imac, @ikoshkin) address those matters?

If there is an option to add those things to the new checkout within it's current architecture please write a doc about it.

I am wait cs-cart team decision about profiling. If they insist about remove billing, i have to leave my customer sites in v4.9, but next projects i have to look another options outside cs-cart.

Cs-carts profiling at present (v4.9 ) not perfect, not support personal and company profiles, its mean vat number vat office and company must be default, if customer select type company, if select personal profile must be hide company infos for billing and show name surname fields, also my a client give customers dropshipping option, some customers have 40-50 profile and all billing profile same just changing shipping address also its to bad, customers must be select in step this profile for billing, this profile for shipping.

Am i right or not?

I am wait cs-cart team decision about profiling. If they insist about remove billing, i have to leave my customer sites in v4.9, but next projects i have to look another options outside cs-cart.

Cs-carts profiling at present (v4.9 ) not perfect, not support personal and company profiles, its mean vat number vat office and company must be default, if customer select type company, if select personal profile must be hide company infos for billing and show name surname fields, also my a client give customers dropshipping option, some customers have 40-50 profile and all billing profile same just changing shipping address also its to bad, customers must be select in step this profile for billing, this profile for shipping.

Am i right or not?

You are full right. Other solutions in the market include this feature as standard.

I can see the upgrade in my stores this morning, I'm not sure if the billing/shipping and phone number issues have been changed as before , can anyone confirm?

I can see the upgrade in my stores this morning, I'm not sure if the billing/shipping and phone number issues have been changed as before , can anyone confirm?

4.10.1 still has "Billing Address" profile fields marked as deprecated, and international format for phone numbers. That hasn't changed because we can't make any changes to a version after its release.

Any changes regarding that will only occur in versions that come after 4.10.1. We are already working on 4.10.2. Apart from bug fixes, it will most likely include the ability to disable the requirement for international phone numbers. That change is still being developed and tested. As for the billing and shipping address, even if it doesn't make it to 4.10.2, it's still something we're looking into.

In short: if these issues are critical for your store, it's best to wait until they're addressed in 4.10.2 or 4.10.3, and then do multiple upgrades on the same day. This approach is also better for those who use third-party add-ons: by that time, developers may adapt their add-ons to 4.10.x.