Martfox, my review

Damn, what a story. What kind of errors is your site giving now? Maybe we can help fix at least that.

Hi Flow. Click on any of these links and you will see the errors.

http://worldpropertylinks.co.uk/listing_browse.php?format=rental

http://worldpropertylinks.co.uk/listing_browse.php?format=timeshare

http://worldpropertylinks.co.uk/listing_browse.php?format=sale

All the listings pages have errors too.

Самые популярные секс игрушки для интима - worldpropertylinks

I asked them again this morning if they would sort out my site and fix the errors they have caused and im still waiting for a reply. Almost 12 hours now.

Well, on a positive note, at least your site loads.

Thanks,

Brandon

@KerryB,

Try to put this in your index.php file, preferably in the top after the first

[quote]// Disable notices displaying

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);

if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '5.3.0', '>=')) {

error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);

}[/quote]

If you need migration services, let me know - I “think” I know what's causing your issues but I would prefer not to publish on the forum for security reasons.

J.

Kerry, best advice I can give you is move to a good host asap - let Jesse move your site… or let the host do it (they usually offer this for free when you sign up) and let Jesse then tune your server (assuming you choose vps).

A host who leaves your site like this (not even talking about changing it's IP without telling you) and then doesn't respond doesn't deserve your, or anyones business.

Hey guys, thanks for the help.

Jesse i have no idea about coding, so i dont want to change anything in the php files incase i mess it up bigtime.

If you want to drop me an email to discuss fixing it for me and maybe some advice about how to move the site to another host please feel free to email me at worldpropertylinks at yahoo dot com

Still no reply from Martfox.

Hi KerryB

You are not alone. I to experienced almost the exact same thing with Martfox over the past 2 weeks. My site has been up and down and move around so many times I can’t count. I know someone else with Martfox who’s site has been down more then up lately.

I’ve had my site for a couple of years with another host and decided about a month ago to move to semi-vps hosting because my site is getting busier and busier and larger - wanted something faster. Well, faster is not what I’ve got that’s for sure - it’s slow now and then… really slow and then like I said up and down (not even on the air :) )

I have never been so frustrated - and it seems each time I tell them my site is down they tell me it’s something with my computer, clear the cache, clear the DNS… bla bla bla. Or - they are moving servers, upgrading to make it faster… I have heard so many excuses I can’t tell you how many.

I feel like I have to keep checking my sites to be sure they are still up and I can’t have this. I spend almost everyday putting in tickets… that is when their site is actually available.

Marftox’s slogan should be “unreliable web hosting” rather then reliable because it is nothing close to being reliable!

I’m done. Moving on. I’m thinking of Hostgator. Anyone else have any recommendations?

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1340696281' post='139425']

Kerry, best advice I can give you is move to a good host asap - let Jesse move your site… or let the host do it (they usually offer this for free when you sign up) and let Jesse then tune your server (assuming you choose vps).

A host who leaves your site like this (not even talking about changing it's IP without telling you) and then doesn't respond doesn't deserve your, or anyones business.

[/quote]

Hi - Can you recommend a good host? I am hosting with Martfox and I need to host somewhere else!

[quote name='tracy007' timestamp='1340806483' post='139498']

Hi - Can you recommend a good host? I am hosting with Martfox and I need to host somewhere else!

[/quote]

I am using futurehosting and would recommend them.

If you do a search with google you will find some discount coupons codes you can use with them as well.

The support system is good and the servers are reliable.

[quote name='JohnCarroll' timestamp='1340807302' post='139499'] I am using futurehosting and would recommend them. If you do a search with google you will find some discount coupons codes you can use with them as well. The support system is good and the servers are reliable. [/quote]

I can second this. I switched over to Futurehosting a few months back and so far so good.

Hi everyone.

Well, I received an email this morning from Martfox that I could not believe. I upped my bandwidth and my disk space with them over a week ago and STILL continue to receive emails saying my disk space is at 97% and to upgrade it. Then this morning, I received what I would say to be the most outrageous email blaming ME for their unhappy customer base:

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]A support ticket has now been opened by our support team.

The details of your ticket are shown below.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Subject: High CPU usage

Priority: High[/size][/font]
[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Your account is causing excessive CPU usage which is resulting in a high server load.

The current usage is just within the limits that we can leave the website running, however the account would be suspended if this increases.

Please consider either upgrading your account to a VPS server or reducing your usage.

Your account is causing a high load which is resulting in poor service for other customers and bad reviews for Martfox Internet Service.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

[size=3]

[font=“arial, sans-serif”]This is completely incorrect to say the least and the icing on the cake for me. I moved both my websites today to WiredTree.com and left a year of PAID FOR semi-vps hosting behind me ! Good bye Martfox, I look forward to hosting with Wiredtree and having a site which is UP most of the time rather then DOWN. A simple sorry and an explanation for your current customers who experience the ongoing problems I did would be helpful in the future. For those who are looking for hosting… my advice is to look somewhere other then martfox.com (if you can even get on their website for it being down so often). [/font][/size]

[quote name='tracy007' timestamp='1340999404' post='139614']

Hi everyone.

Well, I received an email this morning from Martfox that I could not believe. I upped my bandwidth and my disk space with them over a week ago and STILL continue to receive emails saying my disk space is at 97% and to upgrade it. Then this morning, I received what I would say to be the most outrageous email blaming ME for their unhappy customer base:

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]A support ticket has now been opened by our support team.

The details of your ticket are shown below.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Subject: High CPU usage

Priority: High[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][font=Verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Your account is causing excessive CPU usage which is resulting in a high server load.

The current usage is just within the limits that we can leave the website running, however the account would be suspended if this increases.

Please consider either upgrading your account to a VPS server or reducing your usage.

Your account is causing a high load which is resulting in poor service for other customers and bad reviews for Martfox Internet Service.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=arial, sans-serif]This is completely incorrect to say the least and the icing on the cake for me. I moved both my websites today to WiredTree.com and left a year of PAID FOR semi-vps hosting behind me ! Good bye Martfox, I look forward to hosting with Wiredtree and having a site which is UP most of the time rather then DOWN. A simple sorry and an explanation for your current customers who experience the ongoing problems I did would be helpful in the future. For those who are looking for hosting… my advice is to look somewhere other then martfox.com (if you can even get on their website for it being down so often). [/font][/size]

[/quote]You have been asked to upgrade to a VPS - why you didn't bought a shared plan anywhere else, but a VPS from WT? So don't compare a shared hosting with a VPS (if you know what it means).

@tracey007

Sorry, if you are on a “shared” package and ripping martfox or any hosting company then shame on you. Pretty much any host that has a site on it that takes too many resources WILL shut you down. They did give you wise advise that you even posted here. It sounds like you have more traffic than should be used on a generic $5-15 a month account. I have nothing to do with martfox and I have never had a site hosted there, but if you are going to Wiretree and getting a VPS then you are not comparing apples to apples and it is less than honest.

[quote name='indy0077' timestamp='1341320426' post='139799']

You have been asked to upgrade to a VPS - why you didn't bought a shared plan anywhere else, but a VPS from WT? So don't compare a shared hosting with a VPS (if you know what it means).

[/quote] Dear Indy: You/Martfox were unable to suspend me and get me to pay for VPS hosting so you now resorted to suspending me for a new invoice created 2 days ago for an SSL that was given to me as part of my $450 package for cs-cart pro version, 1 year of VPS, free domain name and SSL. As I'm sure you have been busy reading my tickets this morning you will see that i sent a screen shot of the conversation I had with James on May 5 where he told me I would have the global sign certificate as part of my package for FREE. And then as you know, i moved to a new host and conveniently 2 days ago started receiving an invoice stating if I don't pay the $103 for the global sign certificate my services would be cancelled. Update: my sites are both down today. Yes - thank you martfox … you suspended my domain … even though John told me this morning I had 12 hours or they would be suspended. I guess he just decided to pull the plug immediately instead. I have never experienced such a nightmare in my life. Now almost 4 hours and 3 support tickets marked urgent … still suspended, still no replies and I paid the scam invoice 2 hours ago just to get my sites back up! You should be ashamed to operate this way.

My server has been moved and now on 2 sites I get

Fatal error[color=#000000]: Class 'mysqli' not found in [/color]/home/elitesig/public_html/core/db/mysqli.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]29

Anyone had this with the Martfox server move

John

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1341326504' post='139814']

@tracey007

Sorry, if you are on a “shared” package and ripping martfox or any hosting company then shame on you. Pretty much any host that has a site on it that takes too many resources WILL shut you down. They did give you wise advise that you even posted here. It sounds like you have more traffic than should be used on a generic $5-15 a month account. I have nothing to do with martfox and I have never had a site hosted there, but if you are going to Wiretree and getting a VPS then you are not comparing apples to apples and it is less than honest.

[/quote] Sorry but you dont' understand what happened. I paid them once they said my bandwidth and disk space were exceeded to increase it. And - they did. I could see that it was increased to where I was only using 36% when signed in to cpanel and into martfox/my account. But still I kept receiving emails saying my site was at 97% and that they were going to suspend my account! and as you can read my comment on here to Indy they succeeded in suspending me … not for an overage of use… but for not paying an invoice that was generated 2 days ago for an SSL that was part of a special package I bought last month and which mind you they had installed the SSL on my site (proof that it was paid for and was part of the package).

Marfox's plan: Generate a scam invoice for the SSL (that they know full well was paid for) and when she doesn't want to pay it because she (me) feels she is being scammed we will then suspend ALL of her services… I have both my domains at Martfox and they have put a suspension on them. Trust me Clips if you were able to read my tickets and see the whole story you would not be sticking up for Martfox - no one would! I wish I could show the world my support tickets to see what I have been put through.

[quote name='whiplash13' timestamp='1340817152' post='139508']

I can second this. I switched over to Futurehosting a few months back and so far so good.

[/quote]

Third. Have been using them for the passed year or so. Good pricing, 24/7 managed support (always real answers within minutes) and uptime. I would advice to get an expert to harden and tune your server. Support desks from hosts are usually in a hurry and not always knowledgable enough.

@ John - just so you know. There are hosts that actually do answer your tickets within 5 minutes to fix stuff like that for you.

This thread makes me feel like I am watching the Jerry Springer Show, can you say “Dysfunctional Behavior” ? :shock:

I've been helping Tracy get her sites upgraded to 3.0 and have been dealing with the crappy hosting that Martfox provided. In my opinion, Martfox is a complete rip off and I'd never dream of recommending anyone to them. They've made Tracy's hosting a complete mess and it has definitely hurt her business.

If you want good, reliable hosting at fair prices, DON'T go with Martfox.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='tracy007' timestamp='1341340344' post='139826']

Dear Indy: You/Martfox were unable to suspend me and get me to pay for VPS hosting so you now resorted to suspending me for a new invoice created 2 days ago for an SSL that was given to me as part of my $450 package for cs-cart pro version, 1 year of VPS, free domain name and SSL. As I'm sure you have been busy reading my tickets this morning you will see that i sent a screen shot of the conversation I had with James on May 5 where he told me I would have the global sign certificate as part of my package for FREE. And then as you know, i moved to a new host and conveniently 2 days ago started receiving an invoice stating if I don't pay the $103 for the global sign certificate my services would be cancelled. Update: my sites are both down today. Yes - thank you martfox … you suspended my domain … even though John told me this morning I had 12 hours or they would be suspended. I guess he just decided to pull the plug immediately instead. I have never experienced such a nightmare in my life. Now almost 4 hours and 3 support tickets marked urgent … still suspended, still no replies and I paid the scam invoice 2 hours ago just to get my sites back up! You should be ashamed to operate this way.

[/quote] Indy- your friends at martfox have not replied to my tickets and it's now 9 hours. Just wondering why? I paid martfox's scam invoice hours ago and my accounts are still suspended! Marfox has a year of hosting in which i paid and wont' be using, dedicated IP's for 2 domains and now $103 for an SSL that was included in my package so it would be very kind if someone got back to me considering the $100's of dollars I have paid Martfox over the past moth! Can you tell your collegues at martfox to respond to me please? Unlike Martfox, I do like my website to be up and available for my customers and it has been down since early this morning thanks to a wrongful suspension. thanks so much Indy - I'm sure you will respond with many more lies and all the “martfox can do no wrong” - looking forward to it.