Martfox, my review

Long story short I am in UK and was using 1and1, for about 20 domains and having trouble with a variety of things including upload/import csv limit, bad customer service, servers not accepting https requests regularly and just overall unhappy.

Moved to Martfox, no problem with uploads,server has always been up and today after backing up my stuff with 1and1 and moving another domain over to martfox I cocked it up and the database backup i did was corrupt.Got in touch with Martfox support and they went back and forward with me for a few hours sorting it out and Voila it is now up and running.I may add that the contract with 1and1 had already been cancelled so no way to get any info from there.

There has always been someone available to sort my queries that was polite helpful fast.

In my book, been with them since last year and they are 5 Star. All my 1and1 trade will be with Martfox in due course.

Thanks for the great review John.

Sponsored :wink:

[quote name=‘Noman’]Sponsored ;)[/quote]

Yes, through good service provided to customers. Noman, do you have some other questions regarding Martfox reviews? If not, then you can open your own thread and post your questions (or whatever) to Martfox. Thanks.

?? weird

[quote name=‘Noman’]Sponsored ;)[/quote]

Norman, be nice and quit spamming please.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Norman, be nice and quit spamming please.[/QUOTE]

I think such threads belong to “Third-Party Services” too many ads on this forum

[quote name=‘Darius’]I think such threads belong to “Third-Party Services” too many ads on this forum[/quote]

Hi Darius the “Third-Party Services” forum says:

Post your reviews of experiences in dealing with third-party developers through CS-Cart…

I think “Web Hosting” forum is a better place for a web hosting review.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Hi Darius the “Third-Party Services” forum says:

Post your reviews of experiences in dealing with third-party developers through CS-Cart…

I think “Web Hosting” forum is a better place for a web hosting review.[/QUOTE]

By timestamp of posts it looks like you asked someone to write testimonial, thats just my opinion and hidden ads should be forbidden as they may also be not true.

[quote name=‘Darius’]By timestamp of posts it looks like you asked someone to write testimonial…[/quote]

What do you mean with a ‘timestamp’? I’m mostly online on the forum, or do you mean something else??? The links are no hidden ads they are just tracking URLs.

Talk about making mountains out of mole hills,sheeeez, all I wanted to do was share my good experience.

We are all quick to jump up and down when things go wrong but maybe not quite so many are when things go right.

Unbelievable, it looks like here are some people who are confused about their business. :smiley:

I was with fasthosts.co.uk with many hosting services and paid for extras just to get PHP software to run properly, not just CScart. In the end I cut my losses over £150 since I was fooled in spending more money get some options to work. Still bound 1 year subscriptions, still paying for services that I don’t use. Moved to Martfox over 4 months ago. Not a problem. Issues are fixed very quickly and the live support is excellent. Also recommended Martfox to many people. They were also amazed how good they are and how decent their pricing is.

hi johnbol

are your martfox hosted websites up and running now?

as of 07.00 27th oct 2010 martfox.com and my site are both down since last night.

it would be good to hear if any other martfox customers are having the same problem as me

Hi,

it seems like a hardware issue on this server. I believe the technical support will sort this issue as soon as possible. As I’m not an employee of Martfox, I can’t provide more information.

image-003.jpg

image-002.jpg

Currently I got this information from Martfox staff:

[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE][QUOTE][SIZE=2]VPS Node Read Only Filesystem (In Progress)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]One of our VPS Nodes has gone into read only mode. We’re currently investigating this problem and are working to restore service as quickly as possible.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If your VPS is offline, we are aware of the problem and are working to fix it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Date - 27/10/2010 00:55

Last Updated - 27/10/2010 00:56[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I can’t believe this. I just wanted to buy 3 CS-cart licenses with hosting, etc at martfox and now their site is down?!

This must be a warning… or … !?

so how does a martfox customer who is affected by this problem know when their website is up and running? you obviously know the people inside martfox to get information about one of their VPS nodes being down. how the hell did they not contact me about it? do i have to log onto these forums to find the status of my website?!

I’m sure we will receive an email as soon as they manage to get the service back up and running.

:slight_smile:

Regards

Dear Martfox customers,

The file system on the ‘Semi-VPS Node 2’ server went read-only and we rebooted it and it’s been running file system checks for some time now. We’re not entirely sure why exactly it went read-only to begin with or why it’s taking so long to file system check but we’ll definitely update you once we know for sure.

The fsck (filesystem check) is still running at the moment, we can see it fixing the errors but are unable to tell how long it would take.

Regards,

Mike