Install Problem, After Step 2 File Wants To Download

I'm not new to cs-cart, but i ran in to a problem installing cs-cart… years ago i had the same issue and i remember it was something with permissions that fixed it.

After i have uploaded all the cs-cart file to my server and run the install, i get to the second page where you fill in your database and install directory settings and select the languages.

after i fill in everything (i have done this about 100 times with other shops i run cs-cart on), and click on NEXT, it prompts me to download index.php or in safari gives me this error: server dropped the connection.

whats going on. i run many cs-cart installations on the same dedicated server. I check all the file permissions listed in the doc, are there any additional permisions i should check?

Hello ghsc,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks but I found the solution already in something posted earlier:

Install error - Installation & Upgrade - CS-Cart Community Forums

whats the difference between mysqli and mysql?

anyways its working now…

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1309423343' post='116015']

Hello ghsc,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

mysqli should be used with any version of mysql greater than version 4.

Google “php mysqli” and go to the php manual where it tells you the differences.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309478046' post='116050']

mysqli should be used with any version of mysql greater than version 4.

Google “php mysqli” and go to the php manual where it tells you the differences.

[/quote]

Hi TBIRNSETH,

Thanks for the reply. I have a dedicated server running on CENTOS with 3 drupal installations and 3 cs-cart installations. We have a lot of traffic and have some issues with our database server.

you said that mysqli should be used with any version of mysql greater than version 4.

We use version 5.1 and since there is a bug in plesk, its almost impossible to upgrade with out a genius. I have been having many conflicts with my data center company about the performance of mysql and have paid about 1000 dollars to some kind of technician for weeks of investigation to tell me everything is fine. Now that you tell me mysqli should be supported it sounds like my technicians dont have a clue.

Now our mysql database server crashes a lot!! my questions is, do you think mysql server will improve performance if i have mysqli supported?

thanks for the feedback

aj

[quote name='ghsc' timestamp='1309530353' post='116083']

Hi TBIRNSETH,

Thanks for the reply. I have a dedicated server running on CENTOS with 3 drupal installations and 3 cs-cart installations. We have a lot of traffic and have some issues with our database server.

you said that mysqli should be used with any version of mysql greater than version 4.

We use version 5.1 and since there is a bug in plesk, its almost impossible to upgrade with out a genius. I have been having many conflicts with my data center company about the performance of mysql and have paid about 1000 dollars to some kind of technician for weeks of investigation to tell me everything is fine. Now that you tell me mysqli should be supported it sounds like my technicians dont have a clue.

Now our mysql database server crashes a lot!! my questions is, do you think mysql server will improve performance if i have mysqli supported?

thanks for the feedback

aj

[/quote]

Your technician is either doesn't care for the system itself OR could not find a single point of failure.

Plesk is sincerely past it's used-by-date for functionality, If you were to move to a cPanel/WHM interface a large majority of problems would disappear. I use these systems on a constant basis and they are very reliable.

In referencing mySQL 5.1 - The mySQL Improved (mysqli) extension does increase performance and dramatically also.

If you are stating that your database SERVER is crashing then it's going to be the Centos system with mySQL layer, not the databases themselves. If you host can recompile PHP with the mySQLi extension you'll be able to reference how much faster it runs without affecting the Drupal installations.

This is all theoretical since I haven't seen your server's configuration.

Regards,

J.

thanks j. i will keep this in mind when i do a switch. your info really helped