Importing 2.0.15 Database To 2.1.2

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I installed a fresh copy of the new version in a subdirectory, and am trying to import a copy of the database from my live store…but got the following error:[/COLOR]

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 252326430 bytes) in /home/affyours/public_html/Cart_Upgrade/core/fn.common.php on line 2784

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]What do I need to do ? If this doesn’t work, should I back up the live database in admin and try it that way ? Not sure how to go about this…[/COLOR]

You have to change it in config.local.php, where it puts:

// Set maximum memory limit

@ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘***’);

*** here you should change the limit to, for example, 256M

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]You have to change it in config.local.php, where it puts:

// Set maximum memory limit

@ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘***’);

*** here you should change the limit to, for example, 256M[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Thanks for the super quick response :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried as you suggested, and it kept going until I got this error:[/COLOR]

The delimiter in CSV file differs from the one selected by you

You’re wasting your time unless you just love to have all kinds of problems.

Why not just use the update within the software?

well, that means the file or files you are trying to import don’t have the same delimiter, for example, the file previously exported has “///” as the delimiter and the delimiter you have shoose now is, for ex. “;”

But, as you are not importing any files, just the database, it seems that there is some incompatibility between the database used for 2.0.15 and the one used for 2.1.2 :?

You should install a clean 2.0.15, import that database you have saved, and then do the upgrades from there

No…You should make a copy of your files and database and upload under different names then go through the upgrade process. Once you are comfortable with it then go live with it.

[quote name=‘The Tool’]You’re wasting your time unless you just love to have all kinds of problems.

Why not just use the update within the software?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]The only way is to copy everything to the subdirectory and upgrade from there…and each time I do that I end up with mega troubles. I read on here that someone did it this way and it went flawlessly. I was hopin’ for the same run of good luck…[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘The Tool’]No…You should make a copy of your files and database and upload under different names then go through the upgrade process. Once you are comfortable with it then go live with it.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Not sure how to do that. I copied a backed up copy of the database, and put it in the same subdirectory…and tried importing from there. Is there an easier way ?[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]well, that means the file or files you are trying to import don’t have the same delimiter, for example, the file previously exported has “///” as the delimiter and the delimiter you have shoose now is, for ex. “;”

But, as you are not importing any files, just the database, it seems that there is some incompatibility between the database used for 2.0.15 and the one used for 2.1.2 :?

You should install a clean 2.0.15, import that database you have saved, and then do the upgrades from there[/QUOTE]

I[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]f all else fails, that seems simple enough. Thanks[/COLOR] :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘DawnG’]I[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]f all else fails, that seems simple enough. Thanks[/COLOR] :p[/QUOTE]

That will work just fine as long as you do not have any modifications to the files. Maybe you are one of the few.?

Actually, now that I think about it, you will still have problems. Your images will be completely screwed up. Who knows what else until you get there.

Dawn, there are a slew of differences between these two database versions, so, as the Toolguy is saying, you cannot just take an older 2.015 DB and connect it to your 2.1.2 store!

I advised the clean instal/database import/upgrades, because I already tested that procedure with sucess, the only thing that is needed after that is to copy or upload the images to the correspondent folders, not hard at all.

This process is the most succesfull in avoiding errors. But yes, if many files where changed in between they will have to be changed again.

p.s. Tool, this is not a battle :wink:

[QUOTE]You should make a copy of your files and database and upload under different names then go through the upgrade process. Once you are comfortable with it then go live with it.[/QUOTE]

Dawn, just as Tool mentioned, what you want to do is just “Mirror” all of your current store files and database into your new subdirectory, so that both are exactly the same. Then, once you have the site functioning in the subdirectory you can perform the automatic upgrades through your admin panel (which will also upgrade the DB to the latest version. Then, when all seems fine you can move everything in your subdirectory to your production site directory and go live. This is most likely the safest method for you. (It will also be a good idea to download your entire site as well as a copy of your current DB to your local PC & save it for awhile as a “just in case”).

[QUOTE]p.s. Tool, this is not a battle [/QUOTE]

Nah, we are all just trying to help! :wink:

Don’t say :wink:

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Boy…what a day to have to leave early when I had so much helpful advice coming to me. I appreciate all your time and suggestions :wink:

So from what everyone is saying is get a fresh copy of the .15, import everything I have in the test directory…and then upgrade from there ? Sounds logical, but knowing my track record I am in for some sleepless nights :-? Does anyone have a copy of the .15 zip file they could lend me? If not, I will have to ask CS-Cart in the help desk.

I have about a 3rd grade sandbox knowledge of how the real technical side operates, and it is a huge struggle with each upgrade…except for the couple that went smoothly. Trust me I celebrated!

I never altered any of my pages really, except in admin in the view orders. I placed coding there to print out a work order and a custom packing slip. One other tiny change was placed as a hook.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]One other question…

Would it be better to backup the database right from my live store admin to import into the test site ? I have done that before and it worked well… Just wondering how most of you do it…[/COLOR]

I do it that way, how have you done it then?

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]I do it that way, how have you done it then?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I was taking a copy from my hosts daily back up system. It worked fine a few times that way with my old host, and a couple times I did it this way with a direct dump file. I guess this is the safest way knowing the database is exactly as I left it with any updates

[/COLOR]