Import Products And Duplicated Photos

Hi,

Do you have any idea how can I avoid duplicating photos if I am importing them from CSV file and different website?

In CSV location of the image is same, however it is imported again and again, for example:

/images/detailed/1/ff159b66111f4dbaa701ee31_9rg5-6o.jpg
/images/detailed/1/ff159b66111f4dbaa701ee31.jpg

Any chance to merge images and remove duplicates? Or smarter way of download?

Hi,

Do you have any idea how can I avoid duplicating photos if I am importing them from CSV file and different website?

In CSV location of the image is same, however it is imported again and again, for example:

/images/detailed/1/ff159b66111f4dbaa701ee31_9rg5-6o.jpg
/images/detailed/1/ff159b66111f4dbaa701ee31.jpg

Any chance to merge images and remove duplicates? Or smarter way of download?

CS-Cart does not allow to use the same image for different objects. As a result, it creates separate image for each object (product,category,etc)

This is weird, any way to obey it? I have many items with same photos. I have added photo from server manually for test and I have completely no idea why CS-Cart must re-copy that photo if the location is on same server. Completely SEO demolish and space for hard disk/bandwitch. This problem exist so long already. I even found duplicated features in the place they shouldn't be.

This is weird, any way to obey it? I have many items with same photos. I have added photo from server manually for test and I have completely no idea why CS-Cart must re-copy that photo if the location is on same server. Completely SEO demolish and space for hard disk/bandwitch. This problem exist so long already. I even found duplicated features in the place they shouldn't be.

Unfortunately, I do not know ready-to-use solution for it

I have some idea: script which take over control of the upload and check if this file exists and if yes - allow to re-upload it and then - manually delete the file and rename it on database to the old filename. Eventually it could be a fix script for db & ftp.