• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Images Duplicated And Renamed When Used For Multiple Products Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• bethanym
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:11 PM #1

I am having problems with CS-Cart duplicating and renaming my product images when they're used for multiple products.

Example: I use the same product image for 5 different products. When we import our images for our products CS-Cart will then create a copy and add a alpha numeric code to the end of the file name so then we have 5 of the same image. 1 original image and 4 others with a alpha numeric code added to the url string.

Example of what the file names look like when they're duplicated & renamed:

original.jpg

original_hte4-27.jpg

original_w3fq-3t.jpg

original_zxmx-9k.jpg

original_02o6-3t.jpg

Unfortunately it's not just five products being effected.  This same occurrence happens for every product (over 200 products) each with 3 or more products, so it's really started to pile up in the directory and makes it more difficult to manage the images.

This also can't be good for SEO.  GTMetrix even suggests serving resources from a consistent URL. 

How can I stop this from happening?

• Os_rasheed
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:25 AM #2

I have the same problem. and the help disk dosent help! they say need custimizing! I see it as an error in the system not a need from me. I hope we can solve this issue