Ie Kicks Up Warning Message For Version 2.2.1

I get a warning message from IE 8:

Stop running this script?

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

Some times it will continue to popup 4 or five times. I don't get it on the home page, but seem to get more of it in categories that have more products. if i go to category “new products” which was 66 items in I get the message 3-4 times if I click no to the warning message. If I click yes( stop running script) It goes away but leaves warning in bottom left corner of browser. click on that it tells about errors. I've copied detail below:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Timestamp: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:58:22 UTC

Line: 766

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: http://jdna-214.no-ip.org/js/core.js

How should I go about figuring out this problem?

Firefox runs fine. The site is http://jdna-214.no-ip.org and is just in development stages

Thanks,

David dewitt

Hello David,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1310460225' post='116991']

Hello David,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

i have this problem in curent 2.2.1 version of cs-cart

Hello andreycosmin,

You can contact us via Customer Help Desk as well and provide temporary access to your server so that we can check the problem on your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I also have this problem I am using IE 8 with the new cs cart version

Chrome and FireFox seem OK.

I have put in a ticket on this. I hope since many of us are having the same problem, cs-cart does not use my support credits. I will post whatever they tell me.

Same issue here - only with internet explorer 8. Internet explorer 6, 7 and 9 no problems, firefox and chrome also no problems.

Error showing up on pages that have many files particularly the products and categories in admin and in shopfront search.

From reading it would seem that ie 8 has a limit to number of consecutive statements that can run at one time.

Quick fix would be good, dont really want to roll back but too many customers use ie8 for us to keep this version as it is.

Hetha

[quote name='Hetha' timestamp='1310485038' post='117054']

Same issue here - only with internet explorer 8. Internet explorer 6, 7 and 9 no problems, firefox and chrome also no problems.

Error showing up on pages that have many files particularly the products and categories in admin and in shopfront search.

From reading it would seem that ie 8 has a limit to number of consecutive statements that can run at one time.

Quick fix would be good, dont really want to roll back but too many customers use ie8 for us to keep this version as it is.

Hetha

[/quote]

I agree it would be sad to have to give up on this upgrade.

Has anyone heard back from support yet?

As i stated in previous post at 9:31 this morning I put in for support and will post results as soon as cs-cart techies figure it out.

[quote name='dsdewitt' timestamp='1310524119' post='117126']

As i stated in previous post at 9:31 this morning I put in for support and will post results as soon as cs-cart techies figure it out.

[/quote]

I have also put in a support request yesterday - no word back yet they must be very busy…

Hello,

We have a great number of messages and, unfortunately, we cannot answer your requests as soon as we receive them. We will contact you at the first opportunity. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='dsdewitt' timestamp='1310414482' post='116917']

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

Some times it will continue to popup 4 or five times. I don't get it on the home page, but seem to get more of it in categories that have more products. if i go to category “new products” which was 66 items in I get the message 3-4 times if I click no to the warning message. If I click yes( stop running script) It goes away but leaves warning in bottom left corner of browser. click on that it tells about errors. I've copied detail below:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Firefox runs fine. The site is http://jdna-214.no-ip.org and is just in development stages

[/quote]

Ok I received an very quick responce from cs-cart tech support. Not to my liking.

Most probably the problem is caused by that there are a lot of products on one page in your store. The old versions of Internet Explorer cannot process a large HTML information.

Please try to decrease the quantity of the products on the page. You are able to do it on the “Settings:Appearance” page.

I hope it will help you.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Mikhail Ponomarev

Technical support engineer

Since this was not a problem with any previous version that I have worked with going back 1.3.5 This is not a fix. I just reverted back to 2.1.4 and I think that there must be a lot of left over junk, it is no longer as fast and there are script errors coming up. Luckly I made a complete backup of database and files. 1/2 hour and I should be good to go.

ood luck to others with this problem,

Dave

[quote name='dsdewitt' timestamp='1310564876' post='117184']

Luckly I made a complete backup of database and files. 1/2 hour and I should be good to go.

[/quote]

Heck with the 1/2 hour that only took maybe 10 minutes with a quick look over the site.

Dave

Thank you for reporting back.

Unbelievable that they would make a response like that when your site was working fine with the same number of products.

It is sad that CS Cart is improving, yet they still provide poor service for important areas such as the error message in this thread.

I also received a quick response stating that they could not reproduce the error - and I sent them a screen shot to help them.

I wonder has anyone found a solution?

Ok I received an very quick responce from cs-cart tech support. Not to my liking.

Most probably the problem is caused by that there are a lot of products on one page in your store. The old versions of Internet Explorer cannot process a large HTML information.

Please try to decrease the quantity of the products on the page. You are able to do it on the “Settings:Appearance” page.

I hope it will help you.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Mikhail Ponomarev

Since this was not a problem with any previous version that I have worked with going back 1.3.5 This is not a fix. I just reverted back to 2.1.4 and I think that there must be a lot of left over junk, it is no longer as fast and there are script errors coming up. Luckly I made a complete backup of database and files. 1/2 hour and I should be good to go.

Dave

[/quote]

Dear dsdewitt,

[quote name='dsdewitt' timestamp='1310414482' post='116917']

Webpage error details

Thanks,

David dewitt

[/quote]

The problem is caused by update of the jquery version. We are investigating the issue and we will provide a fix asap.

I hope it will help you.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Mikhail Ponomarev

Dave

[/quote]

Reverted back here too - there is a problem with the java across the site that is calling too many statements on one page. IE 8 has a limit of 5 million at which point it gives the warning message. Later versions of ie have removed the limit which is why these versions are ok. The fault lies therefore with an over-reliance on script code not present in earlier versions.

Even without this problem I am 90% sure we would, for the first time ever, have rolled back - admin was slow and cumbersome. Many features were simply more for look, feel and overall appearance rather than increased functionality. We found areas of admin impossible to use particularly categories and products which were slow beyond belief. We were also unable to find anywhere to remove product images from the products list in admin and also to remove the icons from the drop down menus.

Shame because this version promised so much but failed to deliver on performance!

I also facing same problem on IE8 2.1.4 version, any solutions ?

Dear All,

Thank you for your time and patience.

Our engineers are working on this problem. We will post a solution as soon as we get any results.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Hello!

In order to fix this bug, please take these steps:

1. Open the “core.js” file located in the “js” directory of your CS-Cart installation.
  2. Replace this part of the code:

$(window).bind('beforeunload', function(e) {

with this one:

// Workaround for IE7,8. Use direct event hadler instead of "bind" function
window.onbeforeunload = function(e) {

and replace this part of the code:

e.preventDefault();
e.originalEvent.returnValue = lang.text_changes_not_saved;
return lang.text_changes_not_saved;
}
});

with this one:

/* We do not need this code for "clear" JS handler */
//e.preventDefault();
//e.originalEvent.returnValue = lang.text_changes_not_saved;
return lang.text_changes_not_saved;
}
};

3) Save the file.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

Well after being away, I'm back on this same project. I have updated to 2.2.1 then onto 2.2.2

Guess what the same problem. Internet Explorer 8 kicks up the same error as this post firat started on. I looked to see if the fix be cs-cart tek team was in place. It is.

So my only solution is to limit each catagory to display 30 at a time.

Hope this get resolved soon.

Dave DeWitt