How do you change the author of a Blog Post?

I cant find an easy way to change the author of a blog post.

We have a few admin accounts which are used to post to our blog and the account is changed depending on the type of blog post (Site Editor, Manager etc) and this shows up on the post as the author.

However once a post has been created with a particular admin account there does not seem to be a straight forward way of changing the author e.g. assign a different account as the author. I have tried logging into the alternative admin account and editing the post but the original author remains on the post itself.

Short of deleting the post and then re-posting in a different admin account it there does not seem to be a simple way to change the post author.

Any other suggestions?

The odd thing about this is that if you create a blog post with account “abc”.

Then log into account “xyz” and make a minor edit to the post.

Then the post author changes to “xyz” if the post is viewed by clicking on the parent page for the post but if you click on the post itself the author is still “abc”. i.e. the post then has two different authors depending on if you view the post from its own page or its parent page.

Greetings, Desbo!

Please take a look at our Power Blog add-on, it support the requested functionality.

Best regards,
Cart-Power

Short of deleting the post and then re-posting in a different admin account it there does not seem to be a simple way to change the post author.

There is the cscart_blog_authors table in the database. You can change the author there (e.g. through phpMyAdmin software)

Thanks for all the replies, I managed to find and edit the database entries as detailed by ecomlabs (thanks).

Those posts that I had previously tried to change the author by logging into a different account and making a minor change and saving the blog post all had duplicated entries for the blog author in the database. I am not sure what the purpose would be of duplicating the author in the database but it explains why you end up with one author on the parent page and another author on the actual post page.

1 Like