Helping hand required.

Hi all

If anyone has 5 minutes to spare could you please visit my site…

[url]http://www.bhdiyandpets.co.uk/[/url]

and…

go to the pages below and tell me what happens (loads ok, hangs etc)

Garden> Pond> Pond Fish Food

Pet> Aquatics> Food> Pond Fish Food

Pet> Small Animals> Food

Manufacturers> Nishikoi

I am having a few problems and am not sure if it ME or the Cart???

Have deliberately NOT given links so as it as near to visitors as possible.

Thanks in advance.

BarryH

those links take me to a blank page

Thanks Truem

I thought this was me, but obviously not, i have been having this intermittent issue for some time now, will have to use my support days to resolve I think.

BarryH

Same issue Barry, blank page. Bit concerned to how the SEO urls are being created. Try removing the seo url completely and see how you can navigate then

Barry

I have had similar issues with a few of my categories. We are not the only ones having this problem though. There have been a few other posts reguarding this, but I have yet to see a fix for it. I have been able to fix this problem on a couple of my categories by removing the category and then adding a new one to replace it. This hasn’t fixed all of my categories, but it has fixed a couple.

Hopefully someone else will have more to add to this and maybe if we are lucky there will be a fix.

Brandon

Just an update even though it has only been a few minutes.

I took Jesse’s advice and turned off my SEO and now all of my categories work perfect and they all load up fine.

Does anyone have a guess to why SEO would cause this?

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]Just an update even though it has only been a few minutes.

I took Jesse’s advice and turned off my SEO and now all of my categories work perfect and they all load up fine.

Does anyone have a guess to why SEO would cause this?

Brandon[/quote]

Sno’s been ranting that the SEO module isn’t up to scratch, whether it’s just sno ranting or it doesn’t work is up for discussion.

I would suggest anyone having issues to export their entire store to CSV (files/product/wholesale prices etc) before playing with the SEO urls.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’] whether it’s just sno ranting or it doesn’t work is up for discussion.[/QUOTE]

I think it’s just sno. hehehe

I’ve had my fair share of problems with the SEO.

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’]I’ve had my fair share of problems with the SEO.[/quote] same on that one, “stropos” errors and such

Hi all, and thanks for the feed back.

Yes we have been having this issue on and off for some time now. if we turn off the seo it does work better, but if it is an seo problem why is it intermittent and why does it fix itself?

Have turned off seo 08.20 today, so we will see how it performs.

BarryH

I have turned off my SEO and generated an HTML catalogue, this seems to have got rid of all the hang ups!!!

Is it possible to have some other way of submitting the equivalent to to a “SEO sitemap” to google?

Please feel free to check the links again and let me know please.

Thanks

BarryH

Hi Barry, I have noticed that you and others were experiencing numerous problems with your carts and I wanted to ask if you had updated to 135sp2 or was it a fresh install?

Reason I ask is because I updated using the Store Manager (somewhat successful after numerous attempts) and I too experienced numerous problems until Jesse and I figured that I should reinstall (files only) a fresh copy of 135sp2. I haven’t experienced any problems since.

You probably have done a lot of modifications and a reinstall will mess them up but it was just a thought.

Using the SEO function is the way to go but I imagine that the Google Sitemap mod will still work? Only problem is that it will go off your product name and if you have any abnormal characters, you will get errors.

Hi Texas.

We did it as a fresh install, all the links seem to working just at the moment since I turned off the SEO and generated the catalogue. Is there a way to generate a site map without the SEO?

BarryH

I haven’t tried it myself but do you have the Google Sitemap Mod implemented?

Edit: Well I read the Sitemap Creator thread and apparently you do have it installed. Type in the url and see if it works. www.your_domain.com/index.php?target=google_sitemap

That works using the SEO, if I try it it fails on line 11 which is about converting urls (seo)

BarryH

What is the error? That might be what I was referring to having abnormal characters in the product name? But then again, it just may not work at all?

Need to figure out the damn SEO problem! LOL

This is what you get with SEO switched off!

([COLOR=“Red”]

http://www.bhdiyandpets.co.uk

2008-03-11

daily

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fn_convert_php_urls() in ///*********/include/customer/google_sitemap.php on line 35
[/COLOR]) *****=Edited out!

BarryH

Have edit lines 35 & 49 out “fn_convert_php_urls($link);” in google_sitemap.php

The site map generator now works with SEO off!!!

BarryH

Barry

I was just scanning through this thread.

originally, you had seo on

i also noticed you “generated the html catalog”

did you have seo on with an html catalog?

if so, i thought you couldn’t do both

(as usual, i could be wrong)