HELP - Price Modifiers

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”][SIZE=“2”]I upgraded to version .15 and now none of the price modifiers are working. This is big trouble for me !! How do I get back to version .14…revert or remove[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”][SIZE=“2”]I upgraded to version .15 and now none of the price modifiers are working. This is big trouble for me !! How do I get back to version .14…revert or remove[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Click on revert.

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”][SIZE=“2”]Thanks so much…

I did do that, and it was reverted successfully…but my price modifiers are still not working. They were fine before the upgrade, but now nothing works. This is getting so stressful for me :([/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”][SIZE=“2”]Thanks so much…

I did do that, and it was reverted successfully…but my price modifiers are still not working. They were fine before the upgrade, but now nothing works. This is getting so stressful for me :([/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Which price modifiers are you referring to?

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]Which price modifiers are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Option price modifiers. Some are drop downs & others are check boxes. Nothing is working[/COLOR][/SIZE] :confused:

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Here is an item I added this morning.[/COLOR]

[URL=“http://www.affectionately-yours.com/shimmering-sparkling-bridal-veil.html”]http://www.affectionately-yours.com/shimmering-sparkling-bridal-veil.html[/URL]

Hi,

Did you check Admin>Settings>Catalog and see it

“Display modifiers for product options” is checked or unchecked?

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

Did you check Admin>Settings>Catalog and see it

“Display modifiers for product options” is checked or unchecked?

Bob[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Bob,

It was unchecked…so I checked it just to see if it would make a difference…but it didn’t
[/COLOR][/SIZE] :frowning:

[quote name=‘DawnG’][SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Option price modifiers. Some are drop downs & others are check boxes. Nothing is working[/COLOR][/SIZE] :confused:

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Here is an item I added this morning.[/COLOR]

[URL=“http://www.affectionately-yours.com/shimmering-sparkling-bridal-veil.html”]http://www.affectionately-yours.com/shimmering-sparkling-bridal-veil.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

I just tried that link. It adds the correctly modified price to the shopping cart, but you’re right in that it doesn’t reflect the modified price on the product page itself when you select an option. But at least it does add to the shopping cart correctly. That’s good.

I didn’t realize there might be a problem with option modifiers. I’ll have to go look at the few I have.

I just checked on my www.thesteelsource.com website. It’s a fully upgraded cs-cart. And my option price modifiers are working just fine. So I don’t think it’s a bug. Just need to figure out what settings you might have different.

[quote name=‘mirroroftime’]I just checked on my www.thesteelsource.com website. It’s a fully upgraded cs-cart. And my option price modifiers are working just fine. So I don’t think it’s a bug. Just need to figure out what settings you might have different.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Thank you ever every so much for trying to help. I can’t imagine what the differences would be since I haven’t changed anything…in fact as I mentioned above I went back to version .14 because of this serious problem. The majority of merchandise we offer has options that add cost to the product, so I am so tense right now trying to figure out what to do…[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]On Thursday I tried installing the .15 and then the 2.1, and everything went wonky…so I reinstated the database from version .14. Under “installed upgrades”, it still shows the upgrade from .15 - 2.1 although that was eliminated when I went back to the old database. Can I hit “remove” to delete listing without imploding anything else ?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Dawn,

I hope someone can help you. Maybe you should check to see if there is a backup from before you did any upgrades.

I went to this page:

[url]http://www.affectionately-yours.com/glittering-anniversary-custom-cake-topper-pr-17982.html[/url]

And was unable to even select the options.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Dawn,

I hope someone can help you. Maybe you should check to see if there is a backup from before you did any upgrades.

I went to this page:

[url]http://www.affectionately-yours.com/glittering-anniversary-custom-cake-topper-pr-17982.html[/url]

Bob[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Bob…that is so weird. I was deciding between that topper and the bridal veil as to which to use for my example…and you found that same topper :slight_smile:

I just tried again to select the options in Chrome and it worked for me…except it did not add the option cost to the product total. Now if you’re having even more problems with another browser, then that makes things even worse
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Dawn,

I went to this page:

Bob[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Bob,

I just found exactly what you are talking about. I was just trying the checkboxes, and THEY worked…but it’s the drop downs that are not working. Oh [SIZE=“3”]BOY[/SIZE] !
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Bob,

I just found exactly what you are talking about. I was just trying the checkboxes, and THEY worked…but it’s the drop downs that are not working. Oh [SIZE=3]BOY[/SIZE] !
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

I can almost guarantee that:

a) you have not cleared the AJAX/JS cache (delete everything under /var/cache/deletehere/)

b) you have upgraded the corrupted database to 2.0.15 (remember what I said about database structure? - you’ve got it)

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I can almost guarantee that:

a) you have not cleared the AJAX/JS cache (delete everything under /var/cache/deletehere/)

b) you have upgraded the corrupted database to 2.0.15 (remember what I said about database structure? - you’ve got it)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Jesse…

I just deleted everything under “var/cache/”. No change…

But what can I do about the database ? Can I start with a fresh install of .14 or will that not help ?

Everything was working fine…now it’s all broken :frowning:

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

When you did your DB backup, did you also restore all of your original cs cart files too?

Honestly, this isn’t something anyone can fix over a forum board. Either contact CS Support or hire Jesse.

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I didn’t know if it might be something simple that myself or my site host could check on. I have some service points left over with CS, and if they aren’t able to help, then Jesse will be my first contact…[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=“2”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Btw…all it was was outdated or non-functioning javascript scripts. Replaced 2 and it’s running just fine. My site host is my knight in shining armor[/COLOR][/SIZE] :wink:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I can almost guarantee that:

[/quote]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Btw…all it was was outdated or non-functioning javascript scripts. Replaced 2 and it’s running just fine. My site host is my knight in shining armor[/COLOR][/SIZE] ;)[/quote]

Was it the cache or the actual /js/ folder?

J.