GoDaddy

I’m just getting hosting with GoDaddy, which is also where we got our SSL.

Has anybody every had any problems with them? Concerns?

[quote name=‘SupplementShelf’]I’m just getting hosting with GoDaddy, which is also where we got our SSL.

Has anybody every had any problems with them? Concerns?[/QUOTE]

Knowone will comment on this because we do not want to hurt your feelings! :smiley:

Stay away from them! Useless bunch of f…s

There are better hosting companies around here and they have a good knowledge of CS in case you’re in trouble.

[quote name=‘SupplementShelf’]I’m just getting hosting with GoDaddy, which is also where we got our SSL.

Has anybody every had any problems with them? Concerns?[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Noman’]Stay away from them! Useless bunch of f…s

There are better hosting companies around here and they have a good knowledge of CS in case you’re in trouble.[/quote]

Agreed Wholeheartedly!!!

I host my domain names with them and other stuffs for many years and I never had a problem with them. Rock-on:grin:

To host domains and simple websites, even CMS or basic E-comms ones doesn’t require much. I believe, they have some available servers in Zimbabwe they do the same job as GoDaddy. If you want to run a serious e-comm website with hundreds of products, you better look elsewhere. I’m talking from my experience with them-bad one. Bigger Joomla sites were sluggish, X-C one couldn’t import anything and was giving Memory Exhausted error. Trouble with configuring and getting right custom A records for sub-domains, never worked SSL and they charged twice for it. No complains accepted.

Now, I have my VPS - no more problems. Domains and SSL with Enom. Easy to deal with and all SSL always work. My 2 cents.

We used GoDaddy for many years. They have excellent 24/7 support, but trust me, the servers are super super slow. You may see nice speed at first, but after a bit you will see constant slow speeds, downtime, etc.

We switched to mddhosting.com a few months back and have been very happy with this one. I would say best I have ever had in the 12+ years in business.

Milezone

Godaddy hasn’t the best reputation as a webhost (just check out the reviews at Webhostingtalk.com). In my opinion they are suitable for domains, and that’s all I would use them for. (But I prefer Namecheap.)

There are several good hosts around, MDDHosting among them, and another one is HawkHost. They’re a bit more expensive, but the servers have 15k drives in RAID10, at least 12GB memory and dual CPU’s.

I can confirm godaddy’s poor performance. I recently started a commerce site using them and it literally takes 10-15 seconds to load the home page. The sad thing is that I have not even started integrating my products into the CS-Cart database. I called GoDaddy and talked to this tech guy, his comment was that everything checked out great on their end and quickly pointed the finger back at CS-Cart as being the culprit for slow load time. :frowning:

I live in the states, I would love to hear from anyone who has a great web host that “supports” CS-Cart.

Isn’t it amazing just how successful the whole “GoDaddy Girls” concept has been for them, makes me want to completely re-think the images we display on our site! :cool:

[QUOTE]I live in the states, I would love to hear from anyone who has a great web host that “supports” CS-Cart.[/QUOTE] There are plenty of good hosts to choose from for running your CS-Cart store. Search the forums & you will find several posts from hosting providers quite familiar with CS-Cart if that is helpful to you.

Here is one option for you: [url]http://securecarthost.com/[/url]

(I will, however, warn you in advance that I could not find ANY girly pictures anywhere on this site, so if that is important to you, then you will need to keep looking for a different host!)

[quote name=‘Struck’]

Here is one option for you: [URL]http://securecarthost.com/[/URL]

(I will, however, warn you in advance that I could not find ANY girly pictures anywhere on this site, so if that is important to you, then you will need to keep looking for a different host!)[/quote]

Dude, it’s in the VIP Lounge LOL!

If you want to see some scary stuff at Godaddy… check here http://www.nodaddy.com I have not only seen stuff on this site, but I have heard first hand from others who have their hosting shut down if somebody even contacts them about a complaint about your site. Godaddy does not warn you, or give you time to respond to complaints…they just shut you down and seize all your files. Im with them now and before it happens to me, I’m getting out of this sinking ship…years ago they were GREAT…no they’re in the toilet…

I really hate this hosting. This is what we are using. We have contacted them about the site being SLOW and they just point fingers elsewhere saying that everything on their side is working fine. They even offered layered hosting which is a free upgrade but not really interested anymore.

And it seems to be only when accessing databases. Everything else works ok.

We have a few different sites and when one is slow they all are slow and only 1 of them is cscart so they can not just point the finder at them. Wordpress joomla all start to crawl. And don’t even get me started about attempting to upgrade cscart on their servers. Most of the time we will end up getting server timed out. We have to cross our fingers every time we try it.

As soon as we get the chance we are jumping ship.

[QUOTE]As soon as we get the chance we are jumping ship.[/QUOTE]

Hello CutRight

Sooner the better, your site is Really running slow today, has to be hurting sales. :frowning:

Yes, I see people get on the site and sometimes they will just leave. And I am sure that it is due to the speed why they are leaving.

I am just trying to figure where to jump.

I was thinking of bluehost but not sure.

Yeah, Today it’s really bad. When I click on anything I am waiting 5 - 10 seconds before anything happens.

Thanks GoDaddy

Just a quick reply as I don’t really tend to make hosting recommendations, so I will only say I have had very good success with Hostgator Level 3 VPS over the last 8-10 months, my bet is their shared hosting is also a very good value & reliable. There are other good choices as well mentioned here in the forums (can’t remember names off the top of my head right this second). Bluehost is not one that catches my attention however. :wink:

When I switch, and it’s going to have to be quick as our site was just getting internal server errors.

We are currently spending around 150.00 a year at godaddy. Trying to stay in the same price range. As level 3 vps with hostgator would cost 600.00 per year. I know you get what you pay for but trying to keep it reasonable.

i used to say same things about godady but they are just an entry level hosting company.

we are now with wiredtree and everything is just perfect. Ofcourse depends on how much you want to spend too.

[QUOTE]As level 3 vps with hostgator would cost 600.00 per year. I know you get what you pay for but trying to keep it reasonable.[/QUOTE]

Cut,

[QUOTE]my bet is their shared hosting is also a very good value & reliable.[/QUOTE]

Yes, WiredTree was one of the finalists which impressed me several months ago, several here in the forums have had very good luck with them as well.

I believe WiredTree will be a bit out of his current budget for the time being.

Ummm… How many sales does it take to offset $500/year?

Make a business decision.

You might checkout inmotion.com, they provide dedicated, vps, shared, etc… If I wasn’t locked into a dedicated server at rackspace, I’d jump there in a minute.

Just make absolutely sure you stay away from cloud-based environments. Some of the less reputable will sell you a cloud site as a VPS. Note that you have to be careful with a VPS and ensure that you have the resources allocated to effectively run your site.