email notifications

Can anyone please advise me where to find the settings for;

1: email notifiactions for when an order is placed

2: email notification when a new account is registered

Thanks in advance.

CS2.0.6

[quote name=‘ivybridge’]Can anyone please advise me where to find the settings for;

1: email notifiactions for when an order is placed

2: email notification when a new account is registered

Thanks in advance.

CS2.0.6[/QUOTE]

You go to Administration / Settings / Company

admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage§ion_id=Company

From there you will see all the emails

Thanks, I had found these, but I thought there nust be something to enable (checkbox maybe?) so that for every order placed (whether open or whatever the status) I receive an email advising me of this.

And another checkbox to enable emails to me whenever a new customer registers.

Can someone shed some light on this as I am not getting order confirmation emails either. How is it enabled?

I received my first order this morning through CS-Cart (switched it this morning at 4:00 a.m.). The customer used PayPal Express. There was no confirmation to me.

Please help.

I communicated with this morning’s customer and asked if everything went OK and if she received a confirmation email. This is what she said:

“I think the Checkout portion of your site could be improved a bit. It may be

because I used Paypal, but I never saw a place to click that said, “Place

Your Order” (or something similar) when I was redirected back from the

Paypal site after completing payment. I wasn’t sure if I had actually placed

the order, but then the Invoice came up, so I assumed the order went through.

(And your e-mail has further confirmed that.)

I did not receive any confirmation e-mail from Kingsley Press, just the invoice

on your site, which I printed.”

This is a bit confusing: you say she received an email and also say “I did not receive any confirmation e-mail from Kingsley Press, just the invoice

on your site, which I printed.”

Assuming that she received no email, you need to check the “Notify user” checkbox in Orders>Order statuses for whatever statuses you want notifications sent. When checked, the admin will receive the same notifications at the address specified for Order Department in Settings:Company.

Bob

The only emails that are being successfully sent are when I update the status of the order in the order administration. I’ve run several test orders, and have NOT received any order notifications as a customer, nor as an administrator of the site.

Yes, the “notify” boxes are checked.

All I can say is that it works for me but I do not use Paypal. What order status is returned after Paypal payment? “Notify customers” would need to be checked for that status. Have you tried it for any other payment method?

Bob

I activated phone method so I could run some test orders. I assume that if I can get it to send for one payment type, it will work for all.

I changed the “from” email address in the “Company” settings to an address not based on my domain (i.e. a Gmail address I have) and now I get the emails. Must be that the “sendmail” function isn’t happy with using one of my domain’s own email addresses as the from address. Is that weird or what?

I guess I need to contact my hosting provider to see if they can fix that.

order e-mail send to customer but I do not getting any e-mail about order

is this something wrong with our server ?

or is there anything i need to check mark ?

No the order confirmations do not work.

The only reason I knew an order had come through the other day was the receipt of funds from paypal notice.

CS want me to pay for support to get this working!

Ivybridge,

Go to the Administration tab, click “Settings” on the far left, and then “Emails” on the right. What settings are you using in that section? The choices are SMTP settings, php mail function, and sendmail.

I think we can help you get this sorted out without paying for support.

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]Ivybridge,

Go to the Administration tab, click “Settings” on the far left, and then “Emails” on the right. What settings are you using in that section? The choices are SMTP settings, php mail function, and sendmail.

I think we can help you get this sorted out without paying for support.[/QUOTE]

Thanks kingsleypress, apprecaite the help.

the setting is

‘via php mail function’

Have you tried setting that to “sendmail” instead and seeing what happens?

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]Have you tried setting that to “sendmail” instead and seeing what happens?[/QUOTE]

Set up a test account and the enclosed errors came up both when submitting new account and when placing a test order.

No emails received either as a customer or admin

error.jpg

Do you know how to check in your hosting control panel to make sure you have the correct path to sendmail? If you login to Cpanel on your hosting, on the first page you see after logging in, you should see a list down the left hand side of various settings and information, like how many SQL databases you are using, how much disk space you are using and how much is free, what verion of PHP and MySQL your server is running, etc. Along with that information you should see the “path to sendmail” information. Make sure that information corresponds with what you have in the emails section of CS-Cart. If those settings match, then we will need to move on and try the SMTP method.

order pcessing e-mail send to customer

However admin didn’t get any e-mail about the order.

Is this server problem ?

or

do we have to check mark something ?

[quote name=‘netra4u’]order pcessing e-mail send to customer

However admin didn’t get any e-mail about the order.

Is this server problem ?

or

do we have to check mark something ?[/QUOTE]

You don’t have to check mark anything. Just fill in the email fields on the Administration>Settings>Company page and then configure the send settings on the Administration>Settings>Email page for either php mail function, sendmail, or SMTP settings. I am using SMTP settings.

Yes I had checked in cPanel to make sure the path was correct, and it was.

As you say I guess that only leaves SMTP

edit:

Have changed to SMTP, placed a test order and received an email, i think it was the admin mail (copy of customer invoice). But did not receive the invoice as a customer. I notice this comes up with a "recipient failed error.

edit:

needed to check authentication.

All seems to be working now.

Thanks for all the help guys.