email notifications

Do you know how to set up SMTP or do we need to walk you through that?

This is very strange, with CS 2.0.4 I got the exact same problem!

I get emails when I change the status of an order, but the admin or placing an order won’t send any emails.

So we have the proof that the server is able to send emails (either using SMTP, or Sendmail or even php), but why are we not receiving the order notification emails?!

Are your customers receiving emails after placing their orders? You can test this by placing an order by phone method for example.

No they don’t that’s actually the way I was testing it, this is really strange, but they will be notified if from the admin, I would change the status and press Notify custoner…

Ok this is so stupid that I am almost ashamed to reply but fact is that when you place a fake order as Phone, the order status is set as “Open”.

In the order status setup, there are no notification set when an order is placed and marked as Open. THat’s why!!!

All you need is to tick the checkbox and specify you want to notify the customer when order status is Open.

hmmm!!

[quote name=‘samsam92’]No they don’t that’s actually the way I was testing it, this is really strange, but they will be notified if from the admin, I would change the status and press Notify custoner…[/QUOTE]

Does this happen no matter which of the three methods you use? That was happening for me until I set up SMTP and now everything works as expected.

Thanks for the tips guys. I will do some testing of my own soon because I was not getting the confirmation emails either.

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’]Do you know how to set up SMTP or do we need to walk you through that?[/QUOTE]

Ok I have set up SMTP and all seems to work fine, thanks for the help.