Easy Editing Of Invoices And Email Notifications

I do same. Send invoice only upon completion.

However even order has failed, open or any other reason Ordered product list (not invoice) should be sent to customer.

I do get sometimes crazy situations on 4x when same customer places two orders in a role within few minutes time gap, second order somehow over rights first, but since I got order notification sent to customer for first one I re create new order from this list.

This is all great stuff where we are able to edit invoices/email notifications in an easy way, but the most important email notifications to me are the order status emails, it does not make sense to send an invoice for every order status. I only need to send an invoice to the customer on completed status and every other status should be something different. I have been using a work around for this since the early days of version 1.3.5 until now where I created tpl files for every status and use the include file in order_notification.tpl file, to send a different email for that status. I have full control over what information is being sent to the customer , for example if the order have a failed status, I don't need to send an invoice to the customer, rather I send information about why the order failed so may be the customer can come back and purchase again, I even use promo text in the emails . It will be very nice to have something like this implemented in an easy way.

I'll try to explain you (demo site is not demo restricted so changes can be made).

Go to

http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com/stores/147656fa447566040/admin.php?dispatch=statuses.manage&type=O

• Status (order):

Invoice/Credit memo -> order

• Status (processed, completed):
Invoice/Credit memo -> Invoice
  • Status (Canceled, Declined):
Invoice/Credit memo -> Credit Memo
Now check what impact to orders this made:
Open order #97
http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com/stores/147656fa447566040/admin.php?dispatch=orders.details&order_id=97
Hit print order
http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com/stores/147656fa447566040/admin.php?dispatch=orders.print_invoice&order_id=97
as you can see word "Invoice" is changed to "Order details"
You can go to Translations and find "Order details" (order_details) and change it to "Proforma Invoice"
http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com/stores/147656fa447566040/admin.php?dispatch=languages.translations
Processed order #96
http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com/stores/147656fa447566040/admin.php?dispatch=orders.details&order_id=96
Hit print invoice
http://dev.demo.cs-cart.com/stores/147656fa447566040/admin.php?dispatch=orders.print_invoice&order_id=96
as you can see now word "Order details" was auto changed to "Invoice"
Unfortunately Declined and Canceled has no "Credit Invoice" title that needs to be fixed.

There are 3 types of documents which can be assigned to order status. Memo, 2 called order or similar and invoice.
Can de done this way. Already exist in cs cart :)

I was mentioning those types and editing possiblity with the new editor.

For those 2 statuses is not required anything, unless the user has cancelled existing order,somekind refund,lost order,broken or some other reason (availability) exist then the existing (Existing => invoice,credit or memo which was issued in a prior order status) order and invoice is to made storno.

This is more complex invoicing. Probably isn’t a bad idea adding storno to other 3 doc types.

In a simple scenario like order placement => declined. where no payment occurred invoice is not needed or mandatory. Can be skipped. Notification is just ok.

remoteone thank you for the well organized questions and comments.

Product Combination Image:
Is the Option Combination image supported?
In our case some images are very tall, so it appears the image will scale to a maximum height of 50px.
Where is this maximum size set?

Option combination image should be displayed correctly
As for the image size will add settings of mini-icons dimensions to the settings → thumbnails.

Supplier Purchase Order, in addition to “Invoice”
I actually could not find a separate template for Supplier emails.
The info sent to a supplier will not be the same as that sent to the customer.
This needs new fields, set in the Supplier Profile:
- Account Number.
- Supplier Instructions
- Notes (or Delivery Notes - see below)

We do not plan to adapt Email Notification & Invoice editors to supplier add-on yet.

Store specific Templates
Are the templates store specific?

No. At the moment same notifications for all stores. But we are considering the ability to split them per store.
The only thing I worry about is it’s too much work for admins to work with them separately. So there should be some tools for Export&Import/Clone of email notifications.
It’s worth mentioning that invoices do not dependent on Company now, I mean 4.3.x.

Product Options
It would be good to be able to configure the way Options are displayed, especially for product with many options.

There won’t be interface for this. But it can be done easily using my_changes add-on.

Memo, Order Templates
In addition to the Invoice Template there is the obvious need to be able to edit others:
- Supplier PO (as per above)
- Credit Memo
- Order

EDIT: it’s there, please see Darius comment: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/44054-easy-editing-of-invoices-and-email-notifications/?view=findpost&p=246773

One important thing that had caused major problems in the past is that many Email Clients did not render CSS properly.
This meant that we needed to completely remove the Styles Definitions and use only simple Inline CSS in the invoice…tpl files.
Email clients may have evolved in recent years… perhaps some feedback from store owners on this issue?
I see that the actual invoice template does have inline stiles… so this may have been addressed.

Yes styles should be inlined.

This is all great stuff where we are able to edit invoices/email notifications in an easy way, but the most important email notifications to me are the order status emails, it does not make sense to send an invoice for every order status. I only need to send an invoice to the customer on completed status and every other status should be something different. I have been using a work around for this since the early days of version 1.3.5 until now where I created tpl files for every status and use the include file in order_notification.tpl file, to send a different email for that status. I have full control over what information is being sent to the customer , for example if the order have a failed status, I don't need to send an invoice to the customer, rather I send information about why the order failed so may be the customer can come back and purchase again, I even use promo text in the emails . It will be very nice to have something like this implemented in an easy way.

However even order has failed, open or any other reason Ordered product list (not invoice) should be sent to customer.

I do get sometimes crazy situations on 4x when same customer places two orders in a role within few minutes time gap, second order somehow over rights first, but since I got order notification sent to customer for first one I re create new order from this list.

Ok, I see the problem.
We will create a separate email notification for each orders status because actually they are different.
So you will be able to include invoice only to certain status notifications.

Will let you know when we update the demo site.

Unfortunately Declined and Canceled has no "Credit Invoice" title that needs to be fixed.

Thank you Darius for detailed steps.
We will fix this.

Nobody reported or asked for this but it would be good idea not only for invoice but also for view cart page to be able to display total order weight.

Thank you Darius for detailed steps.
We will fix this.

In Europe business is either vat payer or not, this depends if business imports goods from outside then has to register for vat payer or has income larger then some margin for example in Lithuania ~43k euro a year.

1. VAT commercial invoice that has + XX% vat added to total, according to our tax office (not sure for whole EU) invoice can be PDF or similar.

2. Invoice from small business, individual entrepreneur, with small turnover must always be with invoice issuers hand signature!!!

All this leads to that PDF invoice adding to email, downloading from customer end, being optional.

Invoice named proforma or "advanced invoice to pay order", can be accessible, seen or added anywhere because is has no legal power at all, not for bookkeeping. This means if cs-cart order is not yet fully paid, invoice should be called proforma or order details or something like that.

Ok, I see the problem.
We will create a separate email notification for each orders status because actually they are different.

Nobody reported or asked for this but it would be good idea not only for invoice but also for view cart page to be able to display total order weight.

I agree, Even tho' for our store, we dont really need to show the customer the total weight, it would save us a lot of time to have it shown on the Admin>Orders side.

Thank you Imac, all I can tell you is this cart is getting better and better and I really do appreciate all you are doing and listening to your customers.

Many Thanks

Joe

Ok, I see the problem.

-

Ok guys, the feature is there, now you can edit email notification for each order status individually.
If you do not have the changes, this means that you previous demo has not expired yet and you need to use Incognito mode of your browser

This also means that you can include or not the invoice into notification.

Ok guys, the feature is there, now you can edit email notification for each order status individually.
If you do not have the changes, this means that you previous demo has not expired yet and you need to use Incognito mode of your browser

This also means that you can include or not the invoice into notification.

Thank is great, thank you very much.

Joe

Is it possible to spilt up {{company_address}}? For many european countries it is most common to have the zip before the City. When using "company_address" you will always get the american variant with City before Zip.

If you split "company_address" up in parts it will be easier to get the correct formatting,

I've been manually modifying the cs-cart code for invoices to make them more readable and I hope this will let me easily set it up to look like this with the colors and separate lines. The attached picture shows what I'm talking about. I have an embroidery business and having each item on a separate line makes it easier to ensure that I get the order right when I stitch it out.

InvoiceModification.jpg

It doesn’t look pro…

This looks great to have at long last.

As it is possible to create a PDF invoice within CS-cart for printing can we have a simple option to add a PDF invoice to the invoice email?

Is it possible to spilt up {{company_address}}? For many european countries it is most common to have the zip before the City. When using "company_address" you will always get the american variant with City before Zip.
If you split "company_address" up in parts it will be easier to get the correct formatting,

Ok, I planned to add this.

This looks great to have at long last.

As it is possible to create a PDF invoice within CS-cart for printing can we have a simple option to add a PDF invoice to the invoice email?

yes you can, https://www.evernote.com/l/AQEl8KKveiBEC40YV4sFb--Qoy_fPD3IxLc
There is option for each status notification to attach PDF invoice.
Hello, I can get the add ons, my cs-cart multivendor not own this add.
Link to download, thanks.

Hello, I can get the add ons, my cs-cart multivendor not own this add.
Link to download, thanks.

This is beta testing. You can no install this on production CS-Cart store.