Easy Editing Of Invoices And Email Notifications

Images on packing slips makes order picking easier/faster. And on the order it will look nice and informative. An image can be very clarifying in case there are several products with similar names. Errors are easier to spot. its very useful.

About half of our suppliers use product images on their orders and the largest e-commerce companies also have product images on order emails.

But indeed it should be optional. That is the whole point of a template based invoicing/email system.

Understand but don't want developers to think of this as very high priority.

It's not common practice, but not forbidden also. Can give a nice optical touch.

Will this finally allow us to add product images to invoices/packing slip?

We jsut rolled this out.

There is now {{image}} variable. Take a look at "product" column https://www.evernote.com/l/AQG1akkQ6fBO7YFIs5IfUdTudzhdHYlj59E

(please delete previous post)

In order for all cs-cart users from Romania to use the Invoice, there are a few steps to follow.

(Romanian invoice law is very strict about this)

1. Any invoice needs to have an Invoice serial and a number (the serial is the same for all invoices, and the number must be unique for every invoice starting from 1 to 99999999).

EXAMPLES: Serial PCG07 number 1

Serial PCG07 number 2

Serial PCG07 number 5

Serial PCG07 number 155 .....

2.PRODUCT INFO

a. NR.CRT. (please see the example below) it is mandatory to count the products, even if there is only 1 product.

b. U.M. (please see the example below) unit of measurement, every product sold has to have a unit of measurement, the standard unit of measurement that we can use is piece (BUC).

c. UNIT PRICE without Taxes (please see the example below) this is the unit price but without any taxes (VAT).

d. Subtotal without Taxes (please see the example below) represents total quantity x Unit price without taxes = Subtotal

e. Subtotal Taxes (please see the example below) this is the total of taxes for a product. quantity * unit taxes (VAT)

END OF THE PRODUCT INFO MANDATORY FIELDS

1. - as answered above - use language variable.

2.a - we will add a new variable called {{counter}} I suppose it can be useful for many others.

2.b - can be done using language variable or 3rd part add-on if you have different measurements of you products.

2.c, 2.d, 2.e see Darius respond: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/44054-easy-editing-of-invoices-and-email-notifications/?view=findpost&p=245835

Counter. Great idea.

2.b - can be done using language variable or 3rd part add-on if you have different measurements of you products.

It is not a very common thing to sell product per pcs and weight. When you imput price in cs-cart, cart itself will not recognize if you sell it in weight or per one. So that is why its invoice editor and not every single possible situation generator or solver. We have now way to add extra column in product tabs, next to each product everyone will have to type individually if its pcs or grams (or other).

Personally I have no such field as 2 b (U.M). Instead of then I simply renamed (added new lang variable) for quantity made it quantity (pcs), see no point in extra column as I barely sell something per weight based.

Our tax office with influence of the EU membership is not most sophisticated in Europe (probably least), however as some want to show there are no such very drastic strict rules of how invoice should look..

It is not a very common thing to sell product per pcs and weight. When you imput price in cs-cart, cart itself will not recognize if you sell it in weight or per one. So that is why its invoice editor and not every single possible situation generator or solver. We have now way to add extra column in product tabs, next to each product everyone will have to type individually if its pcs or grams (or other).

Personally I have no such field as 2 b (U.M). Instead of then I simply renamed (added new lang variable) for quantity made it quantity (pcs), see no point in extra column as I barely sell something per weight based.

Our tax office with influence of the EU membership is not most sophisticated in Europe (probably least), however as some want to show there are no such very drastic strict rules of how invoice should look..

hello darius,

unit is not considered optional, it's by default a part of inovice. if someone from tax office goes trough the invoice he can ask what kind of type sold good is this...

for me or the customer it doesnt matter is a piece or... most of them dont even look at the invoice, but for retailer or to it matters...

BTW we have added another feature that allows you to send PDF invoice as an attachment for certain statuses: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s257/sh/7a3cbb6c-75bb-4055-ae96-5b65e45878d7/72f4b45f41ccc37c

Imac, your image is not displayed. Will there be an ability to select different invoice templates per status?

And how about memo or order … dont rember how its called. Will they be also editable like the invoice?

Imac, your image is not displayed. Will there be an ability to select different invoice templates per status?

I changed image to a link with screenshot.
As for the different invoices for different statuses, I'm not sure yet, probably we won't add this feature. In this case I make sure it can be implemented by an addon.

These are already available:

http://demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=statuses.manage&type=O

Open any order status

Invoice/Credit memo:

Invoice
Credit Memo
Order

And how about memo or order ... dont rember how its called. Will they be also editable like the invoice?

Thank you for sharing this information. Was not checkingthe progress of the development last days.

Speechles :slight_smile:

This is available for last 3 years now or more..

Thank you for sharing this information. Was not checkingthe progress of the development last days.

Speechles :)

Probably we misunderstand us. I asked will it be possible to edit them also with the new editor.

Guys,

We created a video on what is Email Templates and Invoice editor are capable for.

Feel free to post your comments and suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWk3U8Zksw

It would be good to have possibility to restore invoice changes to default.

Also to save invoice, have more then one template.

For example some customers use not real time payment methods for example bank transfer, check, western union, I would give such customer proforma invoice that has all data to make payment, such invoice has no legal or bookkeeping use, after payment is complete I would give such customer a commercial invoice.

Currently I have my invoice.tpl setup so all happens upon particular conditions, for example open order status is if o status then title proforma if else if p or c then commercial invoice. Its easy to do but its hardcoding that I want to avoid in future..

There are 3 types of documents which can be assigned to order status. Memo, 2 called order or similar and invoice.

Can de done this way. Already exist in cs cart :slight_smile:

I was mentioning those types and editing possiblity with the new editor.

I changed image to a link with screenshot.
As for the different invoices for different statuses, I'm not sure yet, probably we won't add this feature. In this case I make sure it can be implemented by an addon.

This is all great stuff where we are able to edit invoices/email notifications in an easy way, but the most important email notifications to me are the order status emails, it does not make sense to send an invoice for every order status. I only need to send an invoice to the customer on completed status and every other status should be something different. I have been using a work around for this since the early days of version 1.3.5 until now where I created tpl files for every status and use the include file in order_notification.tpl file, to send a different email for that status. I have full control over what information is being sent to the customer , for example if the order have a failed status, I don't need to send an invoice to the customer, rather I send information about why the order failed so may be the customer can come back and purchase again, I even use promo text in the emails . It will be very nice to have something like this implemented in an easy way.

It's great to see this happening. This is very important.
We have never used the default CSC templates as these did not include enough of the info (variables) we wish to convey,
the layout is not at all compact, causing many printed pages when customers order many products, and there were no combination images.

A few questions/suggestions:

Product Combination Image:
Is the Option Combination image supported?
In our case some images are very tall, so it appears the image will scale to a maximum height of 50px.
Where is this maximum size set?

Shipping/delivery days.

Supplier Purchase Order, in addition to "Invoice"
I actually could not find a separate template for Supplier emails.
The info sent to a supplier will not be the same as that sent to the customer.
This needs new fields, set in the Supplier Profile:
- Account Number.
- Supplier Instructions
- Notes (or Delivery Notes - see below)

Store specific Templates

Are the templates store specific?

Product Options
It would be good to be able to configure the way Options are displayed, especially for product with many options.

Memo, Order Templates

In addition to the Invoice Template there is the obvious need to be able to edit others:

- Supplier PO (as per above)
- Credit Memo

- Order

One important thing that had caused major problems in the past is that many Email Clients did not render CSS properly.
This meant that we needed to completely remove the Styles Definitions and use only simple Inline CSS in the invoice.....tpl files.
Email clients may have evolved in recent years.. perhaps some feedback from store owners on this issue?
I see that the actual invoice template does have inline stiles... so this may have been addressed.

Ok so thats just a few, I dont want to get too carried away with me-specific requirements.
Its great to see CSCart going forward with improvements.