Easy Editing Of Invoices And Email Notifications

When approx release date? I will post pone upgrades till this addon will be included? Will it be included, maybe its separate purchasable addon ?

This is beta testing. You can no install this on production CS-Cart store.

When approx release date? I will post pone upgrades till this addon will be included? Will it be included, maybe its separate purchasable addon ?

It is not add-on, and you won't be able purchase it separately.

Will be included in next major version. Maybe this summer.

What is the impact going to be to addon developers who utilize templates in the mail/templates/addons/XXX directory structure?

I.e. several of my addons use templates in those directories but have an additional layer of the language code. I.e. mail/templates/addons/my_addon/en/template.tpl.

Is there any documentation on what I can do to enable my addon templates to be editable via this new mechanism? If not, will existing template model/structure remain supported. I.e. are you going to break my products?

What is the impact going to be to addon developers who utilize templates in the mail/templates/addons/XXX directory structure?

I.e. several of my addons use templates in those directories but have an additional layer of the language code. I.e. mail/templates/addons/my_addon/en/template.tpl.

Is there any documentation on what I can do to enable my addon templates to be editable via this new mechanism? If not, will existing template model/structure remain supported. I.e. are you going to break my products?

There will be an option to enable new Invoice Editor.

In case store owner does it, templates from "mail" folder won't be used at all. All the data is stored in DB, and templates will be just ignored.

I suppose we will write an instructions on how to extend new invoice editor, but can not say what and when at the moment.

Please advise what an addon developer is to do if a user chooses the edit invoices option. How are we to convert our templates into whatever the new format is and how do we support our products based on whether the merchant has chosen to use the email template editor or not.

I.e. many of my addons use Mailer::sendMail() method which takes a template path as an argument and then (which it shouldn't) derives the subject template from the name of the template argument.

How are email hooks to be supported so that extensions can be added to the templates as they are now? Maintaining compatibility in hooks is critical to any custom development or addons created in a "best practices" manner. Please advise.

I would strongly suggest that you implement the Mailer::sendMail() funciton in a way that if a DB template is not available that it falls back to the filesystem and uses what is there. This would imply that the template pathname be part of the DB schema to maintain compatibility.

You certainly need to have complete docs available to developers well before you release this into a new product release. Otherwise you're going to break a lot of merchant sites that rely on addon products or hooks to provide information to their customers. You need to be forthcoming with complete information about how these changes affect developers outside of Simtech and not just wait for us to discover changes after they occur.

This is beta testing. You can no install this on production CS-Cart store.

Ohh, okay for when you could be active for multivendor CS.Cart

Ohh, okay for when you could be active for multivendor CS.Cart

Hi I urgently need this add ons like or where I can get. to install.

I see only code in email templates, like:

{{ snippet("header") }}

{{ __("text_confirm_passwd_recovery") }}:

{{ url }}

{{ snippet("footer") }}

how to edit or add text which customers see?

when this feature is relesed? june/july?

As you can edit the mails.
That manner it is edited and where. cs-cart multivedor

Don't you think its about time to give this addon to community even if its still a beta? I am sure there will be lots of bugs to report..

I wouldn't until they tell addon developers how to deal with hooks in this new environment and how they are to continue to supply mail templates for their addons. Otherwise 3rd party stuff is going to break everywhere since email templates ill no longer come from the filesystem but instead are stored in the DB.

I wouldn't until they tell addon developers how to deal with hooks in this new environment ....

Tbirnseth raises an important point, and it is disconcerting that no cscart team member has responded to his post!

Especially since there is no intent to be able to edit the Supplier Email template.

If cscart do not add this function we will need to have a developer create addon to add new fields to supplier emails set in the supplier profile:
- Account Number.
- Supplier specific Instructions

- Shipping method, and customer notes for delivery instructions.

There will be an option to enable new Invoice Editor.

In case store owner does it, templates from "mail" folder won't be used at all. All the data is stored in DB, and templates will be just ignored.

I suppose we will write an instructions on how to extend new invoice editor, but can not say what and when at the moment.

Hello iMac is this released or able to use now ??

i am useing cs cart multi vendor 4.3.6 but this option not showing in my admin panel

please help me ??

We all are desperate :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello iMac is this released or able to use now ??

i am useing cs cart multi vendor 4.3.6 but this option not showing in my admin panel

please help me ??

Hi,

Editing Of Invoices And Email Notifications is not available in 4.3.6 This feature will be released in 4.4.1.

Any prediction of when it could happen ? Few months ?

Hi,

Editing Of Invoices And Email Notifications is not available in 4.3.6 This feature will be released in 4.4.1.

Thanks imac for ans one more thing when cs-cart multi vendor 4.4.1 will release ??

I wouldn't until they tell addon developers how to deal with hooks in this new environment and how they are to continue to supply mail templates for their addons. Otherwise 3rd party stuff is going to break everywhere since email templates ill no longer come from the filesystem but instead are stored in the DB.

Tbirnseth raises an important point, and it is disconcerting that no cscart team member has responded to his post!

Especially since there is no intent to be able to edit the Supplier Email template.

If cscart do not add this function we will need to have a developer create addon to add new fields to supplier emails set in the supplier profile:
- Account Number.
- Supplier specific Instructions

- Shipping method, and customer notes for delivery instructions.

Guys, I apologize we did not provide you with any details for such a long time.

We actually understood how it is going to work just now (I mean the core logic). I asked developers to prepare Dev changes documentation and we will publish it next 2 weeks.

Some key points for developers are:
- if your add-on uses some email notifications it still will work in 4.4.х (templates will be sent same was as before).
- there won't be ability to add conditions, loops etc to Invoice or Email notification, because of wysiwyg editor (it just cuts off or move such constructions)
- if you need some logic in the template you can use snippet. Snippets edit window won't use any wysiwyg so you will be able to work with them just like with smarty templates.
- there will be no hooks for email templates or invoice. snippets will be used instead.
- add-ons will be able to add new variables, snippets and probably invoices (same as template overwrite)
- customers have to add manually new variables or snippets to email notification/invoice

Thanks imac for ans one more thing when cs-cart multi vendor 4.4.1 will release ??

Probably in October.

We plan to release beta version of 4.4.1 in August, than after one-two month of gathering feedback and tuning we will release production release.

When will specs be available for addon developers so we know how to deal with this for the addons we have in the market that expect to use templates in the filesystem?

A general “theory of operation” would also be helpful so we know the implementation details of how you’re managing template variables, etc. as well as other things like ‘includes’ and/or other smarty controls. So far we have zero real information to try to get a jump-start. So how about using this as an opportunity to do a “developers guide” related to this new replacement implementation?

Some key points for developers are:
- if your add-on uses some email notifications it still will work in 4.4.х (templates will be sent same was as before).
- there won’t be ability to add conditions, loops etc to Invoice or Email notification, because of wysiwyg editor (it just cuts off or move such constructions)
- if you need some logic in the template you can use snippet. Snippets edit window won’t use any wysiwyg so you will be able to work with them just like with smarty templates.
- there will be no hooks for email templates or invoice. snippets will be used instead.
- add-ons will be able to add new variables, snippets and probably invoices (same as template overwrite)
- customers have to add manually new variables or snippets to email notification/invoice

So essentially if we extended a system template through use of hooks, those are no longer supported.
We can’t loop through products to display a list of products and/or other product attributes or generate links.
We can’t use any other smarty control structures like if/then/else, foreach, etc…

So unless we are just including straight html it will break everything? To me, this is unacceptable. If you want to do a new implementation, then do a new one, don’t break what exists.

We have no information on the snippets you describe.

It’s looking again like the impact on developers is going to make fewer addons available to merchants because it won’t be worth the investment and merchants won’t respond well to having to repurchase all the addons they’ve bought because compatibility with the existing method has not been maintained. Huge changes like this should occur in a major release, not a minor one. this should be deferred until V5 when everyone would expect a “restart”.