Does CS-Cart support any PHP opcode or caching mechanisms?

Hi All, i'm setting up a new VPS for an existing CS-Cart 2.1.4 installation with a view to maximizing performance.

My web host asked me if CS-Cart supports any PHP opcode or caching mechanism?

I wasn't able to find a definitive the answer browsing the docs or forums, can anyone shed some light here? Thanks.

yes. Settings are data like product filters, features, etc. are cahed in the var/cache diretory and pages are compiled and cached in the var/compiled directory.

Have no idea what you mean by PHP opcode. An opcode is an instruction to a processor like LOAD, STORE, etc.

Others here use Smartoptimizer for addional caching of things like images and other data…

Database queries can also be cached in the var/cache directory.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1314324029' post='120378']

yes. Settings are data like product filters, features, etc. are cahed in the var/cache diretory and pages are compiled and cached in the var/compiled directory.

Have no idea what you mean by PHP opcode. An opcode is an instruction to a processor like LOAD, STORE, etc.

Others here use Smartoptimizer for addional caching of things like images and other data…

[/quote]

Opcode caching means PHP opcode caching like APC, eAccelerator, etc… I've personally had problems with APC not working with csCart, but eAccelerator seems to work (for me at least). Makes csCart work MUCH faster.

Your operative word in your original question is “support”. Nothing comes from cs-cart for optimization and they play enough tricks in their code that it will probably break (or give sporadic errors) with most optimizers (maybe not code optimizers).

Many people have good results with smart optimizer but I doubt if you would call it “supported” by cs-cart.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1314324029' post='120378']

[/quote]

How do you enable this? Is there a setting somewhere?

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1323237202' post='127411']

How do you enable this? Is there a setting somewhere?

[/quote]

Improved caching system - Upcoming features - CS-Cart Community Forums

Might help you

It is embedded within the system. There is no setting to turn it on or off that I'm aware of.