Improved caching system

Hello,

Just for an experiment I rewrote the cache storage using sqlite database to check the differences with file storage. Please try on your carts.

Just extract the file from zip archive and copy it to “core” directory, then clean up the “var/cache” directory.

See [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16437&highlight=so+slow[/url] for details

sqlite_caching.zip

Followed the steps you provided but I get the error below on all pages:

Fatal error: Class ‘PDO’ not found in /home/p2p/public_html/cart/core/class.registry.php on line 297

worked on mine,

I cleaned up cache, then cache.db appeared in cache

John

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]Followed the steps you provided but I get the error below on all pages:

Fatal error: Class ‘PDO’ not found in /home/p2p/public_html/cart/core/class.registry.php on line 297[/QUOTE]

Same error here…

I thing we need to install PDO extension for server

[url]http://www.php.net/manual/en/pdo.installation.php[/url]

Is this correct zeke?

working great so far

thank you

Works fine for me.

I tried this with and without using Smartoptimizer. My site is definitely faster using this with Smartoptimizer versus just this mod.

Using Pingdom My speeds were:

4.7 seconds using this and Smartoptimizer

5.5 seconds using just Smartoptimizer

7.6 seconds using just this

Using the page speed thing for Firebug I scored 81/100 either way.

I don’t know if any of this means anything to anyone, but there are the numbers anyway.

Brandon

order fast now

Thanks zeke

brandon-

Were your times for initial page loads or for reloads after a page was cached?

Bob

I cleared the cache before I tested this. I actually have a cron job set up to clear my cache twice a day so my speeds are usually around this anyways.

Brandon

I wonder if the improvements to the caching would reduce or eliminate the need to clear the cache, thus preserving the benefits of building the cache in the first place.

Bob

[quote name=‘whiplash13’]Followed the steps you provided but I get the error below on all pages:

Fatal error: Class ‘PDO’ not found in /home/p2p/public_html/cart/core/class.registry.php on line 297[/QUOTE]

I don’t know why, but it seems like some php configurations are built with PDO support, but without native sqlite support. And vice-versa. If we decide to release this caching system, we’ll add the access wrapper to work on both configurations.

Just uploaded this to mine version, everything seems to be working a lot faster, both on my localhost test server, and live server. :slight_smile:

Definitely an improvement for me :slight_smile:

I’m glad to see my initial idea to store cache arrays in indexed DB turned to a acquisition. :smiley: Hope we’ll get memcached boost some day.

Same error here. Is there any information about my host that I can provide you with Zeke to assist ?

OK I installed PDO with sqlite3 and now it works. Seems faster but haven’t run tests yet.

[quote name=‘Raeandy’]Same error here. Is there any information about my host that I can provide you with Zeke to assist ?[/QUOTE]

Send me phpinfo() output please.

Works very well, site seems to be loading much faster. Tested with 2.07

admin.php?dispatch=tools.phpinfo

Got PDO drivers - mysql, sqlite enabled.

I just had a look at zeke’s file and I like the ideology behind it. It updates the cache files.

Has anyone that is testing this noticed that they don’t have to clear cache as much or at all?

I installed the hack, and it works flawlessly! Definitely the cart pages load way faster!