CyberLNC

I’m sure you’ve seen this host in the signatures of a few mods, dev team member, experts. They don’t really explain the host though.

For complete information about the host visit [URL]http://cyberlnc.com/plans.htm[/URL] or see the screenshot below.

They also have video tutorials for each section of the control panel provided with your hosting.

An example video is given here.

cyberlnc_plans.jpg

I recently transferred my domain to its registrar and my hosting to theirs. It now runs a lot faster than it used to and just as well. I had to do a little code changing, but that’s to be expected.

They are in the process of putting a database server on line. That should speed things up considerably.

[quote name=‘roban’]They are in the process of putting a database server on line. That should speed things up considerably.[/quote]

I love it how improvements happen without me knowing :smiley:

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I love it how improvements happen without me knowing :D[/QUOTE]

This not the case then?

Looking for a new host as 1and1 wont support my new ssl, i have heard a lot of good reviews on here but the site doesnt look as “professional” as some of the major companies. I k now this doesnt really mean anything and this could be a good sign (not over stretching etc) but after just persuading my client to change host i need to make sure its right for them…

Also [url]http://www.connexhosting.com/[/url] was recomended on here but again looks like you typical BIG hosting comapny that overloads there servers with hundreds of sites on one server …

So again a bit losts, go with a big name in the uk and risk slow speeds or go with a smaller company?? 1and1.co.uk were and always have been great for me (4 sites)never had any downtime etc, good support but they have had bad reviews from cs-carters?

HELP MEEE

Alfie

Hi

CyberLNC (Scott) are the dogs Boll****, as anyone will tell you. I would not wish to take any business away from him, but (and Scott would probably agree) in essence you should be host in the country where you operate. Clook are fantastic (not as good as CyberLNC, but close) and reasonable too. They too look for quality and not quantity!!! I was going to join CyberLNC if my latest issue had not been resolved, but Clook came through for me.

BarryH (sorry if I have offended Scott)

I received an email yesterday about CyberLNC upgrading their servers. I don’t exactly know what it means, but I am sure that this will help.

Here is part of the email:

[quote]Due to some recent high resource alerts coming from 2 of our servers, we have decided to replace these Dual Core Opteron units with brand new Quad Core Xeon servers and SA-SCSI 15k rpm database storage drives.

These units are perfect for supporting very demanding PHP/MySQL applications and, you should notice improvements in speed and responsiveness.

[/quote]

I guess this is just another reason why I am very, very happy I went to CyberLNC for my hosting.

Brandon

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]I received an email yesterday about CyberLNC upgrading their servers

I guess this is just another reason why I am very, very happy I went to CyberLNC for my hosting.

Brandon[/quote]

I got that email as well. :rolleyes:

This is proberly the first time I’ve been notified of upgrades lol

Yea, upgrading their hardware at no cost to you…well, is UNUSUAL and very customer friendly…

It’s about time! They’ve been using tin cans and wire for so long (sorry Scott and Dave).

I switched my CS-Cart site about a year ago from Bluehost due to server overloads and haven’t had an issue since. If I need something Scott is always available by cell or MSN. You can’t beat that with a stick.

[quote name=‘roban’]It’s about time! They’ve been using tin cans and wire for so long (sorry Scott and Dave).

I switched my CS-Cart site about a year ago from Bluehost due to server overloads and haven’t had an issue since. If I need something Scott is always available by cell or MSN. You can’t beat that with a stick.[/QUOTE]

I concur!

By the way, I have a server management solution from scott, and love how he notifies me when updates have been made to the server for security :smiley:

Well it seems they have issues again with their data center. Half a day already and i got 404 errors. I hope it will be solved asap. They say it’s due to a hard drive failure.

I’m not a pro but how can a single hard drive failure can do this much damage … a simple and cheap RAID configuration prevents any loss in case one drive brokes.

Nice and friendly guys but their data center sucks :(. It’s the second time this year when i have severe issues. First time it was kindly solved. I hope it will not take long this time too.

[quote name=‘evecookies’]Well it seems they have issues again with their data center. Half a day already and i got 404 errors. I hope it will be solved asap. They say it’s due to a hard drive failure.

I’m not a pro but how can a single hard drive failure can do this much damage … a simple and cheap RAID configuration prevents any loss in case one drive brokes.

Nice and friendly guys but their data center sucks :(. It’s the second time this year when i have severe issues. First time it was kindly solved. I hope it will not take long this time too.[/QUOTE]

me to im affected also of this all day long and probily all night long and tommorrow too just when its my prime time of the year for sales too

and had to happen at the second i need the funds as bad as i do need them

thats why they need a backup plan to where if it happens they can switch the switch to go to the other server while the other one gets fixed

instead of having 24 -36 hr downtime

which equals money lost to the clients

i know its the data center and that is totally out of there hands as to what happens at the data center but they need to get more servers at that data center just in case this stuff happens down the road

currently time is 8 pm thursday and i was informed this morning at 7 am its been down that long and all that is showing is the apache page that says

Great Success !

Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

i cant even see the new orders i have so it not only affects users and potential customers but it affects the customers who are already ordered

That’s why large data center is much safer.

Nothing we can do here but just pray.

[quote name=‘joe’]Nothing we can do here but just pray.[/QUOTE]

Prayer won’t restore hdd… I did not hear before that one broken hard drive would stop servers work for all day…

Yeah, it’s lame how at this level they cant afford to have a RAID configuration :(. Not to mention other more expensive backup solution that could prevent this.

24h and still nothing…

im loosing income i normally do $ 300.00 or so a day in gross sales mine is still down and its 9 am est

If it only were the incomes :(.

But it’s also your image as a service when accessed and get that Apache message, the lost customers that move to your competition, your ranks with google, etc.

I’ve asked for the latest backup of my site but i got no answer for hours. I am considering moving my sites to a different provider but i need the last backup :(. And i just paid my invoice for the next month … if only i knew.

i did not think what the search engines will think when they see a 404 they will figure its not active anymore that right there will be bad in itself

come on guys feel us in can you switch us to a different server please !!!