CyberLNC

well eva everything back to normal now

My site is still down… kinda…

I can’t seem to see my site, but others can??? very weird. and yes, I cleared my cookies and cache…

I’m currently developing my site at CyberLNC. Thankfully, we’re aren’t yet open for business or last week’s outage would’ve been a major headache. I understand that this level of hosting is fraught with single-points-of-failure. What level of hosting provides the redundancy necessary to eliminate outages caused by something as simple as a hard drive failure? Is it available in the sub $100/mo arena?

thanks,

Glen

I used to host with CyberLNC but regretfully had to leave because of these issues. I have known Scott and Dave for years and have the highest regard for them and for what they are trying to achieve. I have even hosted client’s sites with them but business is business and I have moved my site back to Bluehost at $7.95 a month plus the cost of a dedicated IP (about $30.00 per annum) and ssl. So far, up time has been 100%.

I have hosted and still host many of my domains with Bluehost and have always been satisfied with their support and availability. I do have an affiliate account with them but I don’t post this thread with any other motives than to offer a solution.

I also, sadly, had to move to another host after the recent outage at CyberLNC.

After much research I selected LiquidWeb. They have wholly owned state-of-the-art data centers located in Houston, TX, with all the redundancies necessary to minimize outages. In fact, they actually guarantee 100% uptime! They have level 3 LiquidWeb engineers onsite and accessible 24/7 “within seconds” and for regular tech support, they guarantee 30-minute response time. Of course they are a bit more expensive, but IMO worth every penny.

They helped me complete the install of my trial version of CS-Cart with no compatibility issues or problems. Their response times have been excellent: less than 30 minutes in every case; usually more like 5 minutes. Their C-Panel isn’t as nice as CyberLNC’s but that’s a minor issue for me.

Good luck with your decision.

[quote name=‘Healthy Pets’]I also, sadly, had to move to another host after the recent outage at CyberLNC.

After much research I selected LiquidWeb. They have wholly owned state-of-the-art data centers located in Houston, TX, with all the redundancies necessary to minimize outages.[/quote]

Funnily enough if that’s where you’ve moved to, it’s in the same building…

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Funnily enough if that’s where you’ve moved to, it’s in the same building…[/QUOTE]

lol…Pretty funny…

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Funnily enough if that’s where you’ve moved to, it’s in the same building…[/QUOTE]

That is funny.

I guess CyberLNC leases their servers from another company in the same building. I really hope CyberLNC can overcome their technical problems; they are great people.

I am not with CyberLNC, but I can 110% say that Scott and his coleagues WILL be miving heaven and earth to rectify what ever the problem is! And it won’t be neglect or over population of servers.

Scott and co are genuine people!!!

Scott helped me quite a lot in the early days when I was setting up and he never once tried to get me to move to him he was and is very caring and responsible!

Best of luck Scott with what ever you do!:smiley:

BarryH

[quote name=‘BarryH’]I am not with CyberLNC, but I can 110% say that Scott and his coleagues WILL be miving heaven and earth to rectify what ever the problem is! And it won’t be neglect or over population of servers.

Scott and co are genuine people!!!

Scott helped me quite a lot in the early days when I was setting up and he never once tried to get me to move to him he was and is very caring and responsible!

Best of luck Scott with what ever you do!:smiley:

BarryH[/QUOTE]

Good news, and I agree. They completely won my loyalty as a customer within the first 24 hours; I wouldn’t have dreamed of switching to another host if not for that 36-hour outage.:frowning: I look forward to switching back to them sometime in the future.