Css /smarty Templates Minor Modifications

Hello,

I have subscribe for some helpdesk and can have up to 7 modifications done under this conditions below:

"The service includes modifications in CSS or Smarty templates and also minor modifications in PHP code that do not affect the core functionality. The complexity of the modification is determined by the support engineer."

all things i was interested in (Tabs for vendors, variations for vendors, app modifications, marketplace fee , .. ) Cannot be done.

Would anyone knows some worthy exemple of what i could request for modifications that would agree with the above conditions ? some tweaks i might not be thinking of .

Thank you !

Any template modification (not using a hook or override) is going to modify the core files. But you can modify tab visibility and other things utilizing hooks or changes to the schema using 'post' methods. Whether that's part of your support plan or not, I don't know.

Any template modification (not using a hook or override) is going to modify the core files. But you can modify tab visibility and other things utilizing hooks or changes to the schema using 'post' methods. Whether that's part of your support plan or not, I don't know.

What is tab visibility , and what is using ´post method ?
Thank you

Tab vi\sibility - hiding tab content

post method - using a 'post' schema file such as app/addons/my_changes/schemas/menu/menu.post.php

Tab visibility , you mean on the vendor dashboard for instance ?

Post method : what happen when i upgrade ? is it as robust as changing a .tpl ?

thank you

Depends on whether you make the change within the my_changes or other non-distributed addon or whether you modify core files. The my_changes addon or other 3rd party addons are not modified during upgrade.

thank you

I am actually currently reading this , but dont know if its still relevant in 2020 ?

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/50008-hiding-vendor-menu-items/page-3?

I am a little bit lost with the line of codes for each sections i'd like to hide

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/50008-hiding-vendor-menu-items/page-2#entry321614

is this what i should do ? what would this line hide on the vendor pannel (this message was from ecomlab) ;)

You can enable the My changes module and create the app/addons/my_changes/schemas/permissions/vendor_multivendor.post.php file with the following content:

php

$schema
['controllers']['product_features']['modes']['manage']['permissions'] = false;
$schema['controllers']['product_filters']['modes']['manage']['permissions'] = false;
$schema['controllers']['profiles']['modes']['manage']['param_permissions']['user_type']['C'] = false;

return $schema;

Thank you !

That will set the permissions for those 'modes' to false. Hence they will not be able to access them.

ok, i thought the tabs could be removed visually too

so there is no way tabs can be visually hidden too ?

thank you

Yes you can hide the tabs themselves The above relates to permissions within a controller or addon. Search the forum on how to hide tabs from a vendor.

ok thank you , i will do