CS-Cart v2.2.2 released

Whats happening with this update? i have been trying to do the update for the last 3 days now and every time i go to the updates it just gives me this message “No upgrades currently available”

Is this update out? or is there some where you have to go to get it?

Take your store out of Live mode and you will probably see whatever the underlying database error is. At least you would then know where to start.

Very sad… Had hoped this would be a bug-fix only release with very little risk or issues. But alas, it appears to be less stable than its predecessor. Oh well, guess I'll have to take back all my nice comments about much improved quality for releases given what I've been reading in this thread.

They make it available to different sites over time (roll out). I.e. their support staff couldn't handle the load if it went everywhere at once.

Think about the ramifications of having 10,000 people

1. downloading at the same time
  2. upgrading at the same time
  3. contacting the support helpdesk because there are issues.

Give 'em a break!

Let them get the issues addressed before they make it available to the masses. Personally, I'm grateful that a small pack of others is going before me to identify the issues so that when I do it, it will be a peaceful experience.

Wow, this upgrade seems to be a pure nightmare. I'm glad I'm on the road and unable to mess with this upgrade for a few days. It seems strange to have to jump through extra hoops just to get a browser, etc. to work. Especially when I can revert and everything works fine. Not to mention when I went to another computer (since I was traveling), I still had the same errors even though I had never been to that site before on this computer.

So do I have to warn all of my customers to clear their Firefox or browser cache too? Doesn't seem to be the best scenario.

2.2.2 upgrade is very smooth - no known issues at all considering the servers they operate on.

Yes, I did have smooth update as well. I just finally did cleanup the complied and cache directories before the full use .

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1313575103’ post=‘119687’]

We are glad to announce that v2.2.2 is out. It’s mostly a bug fix release, for more details you can refer to our blog.

Please note that the upgrade to this new version may be not available in your CS-Cart administration panel within the first 48 hours after the release.

[/quote]

update installation worked very well, only some of my changes I have to work on CSS. :P

NOTES: LiveHelp, i have lost the “Save button” and “Save button Close” to the action “Add New Operator” … :(

Thanks to the great support team the problems have been fixed.

I was missing several files.

Probably lost some files wile extracting on my server.

manually uploaded the missing files and all is well now.

Thanks again Support team!!!

We have published information about known issues in current version v2.2.2 and the upgrade. Please refer to my first post

We were able to install upgrade on community version. Did have to clear cache on any browser that had been in the back admin too.

Will we have to tell customers to clear their browser cache too?

Just updated to 2.22. No problem at all.

Here is my problem:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Usage: mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --databases [OPTIONS] DB1 [DB2 DB3…] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --all-databases [OPTIONS] For more options, use mysqldump --help . .Continue

Then goes to error page:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /get-started/myAdminPage.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any Ideas?

We have just upgraded one of our Pro sites and some of the users keep getting a message that says we need to “upgrade our site within 30 days…”. I have no idea what that is about as it our old license is not the same as some of the current.

This “commercial license” thing appears to be a bug with the users permissions. As the primary user or if I have someone with the main “Administrators” account they do not get the upgrade message. If it is one of employees who have a secondary “Administrators 2” account then pretty much every thing they do returns a message that says…

[quote]Your 30-day evaluation period has expired. Please purchase the full commercial license (CS-Cart licenses - professional ecommerce website software) or remove the software from your server. [/quote] It also has a message when they first log in that the evaluation period will expire in 30 days. If I log out as the “Admin 2” employee and log in with another admin who has the primary “admin” permissions then we no longer get the “upgrade” message.

Still investigating - Seems to be related to the backup of files that have changed

Here is a further message:

You tried going to https://mydomain.com/get-started/myStoreAdmin.php?dispatch=upgrade_center.backup, and it doesn't exist.

Suggestions?

[quote name='jabman' timestamp='1314035288' post='120073']

Here is my problem:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Usage: mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --databases [OPTIONS] DB1 [DB2 DB3…] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --all-databases [OPTIONS] For more options, use mysqldump --help . .Continue

Then goes to error page:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /get-started/myAdminPage.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any Ideas?

[/quote]

[quote]Will we have to tell customers to clear their browser cache too?[/quote]

Note that browser cache is time based. I.e. the modification time of the file is what's used to determine if the file needs to be re-read by the browser or whether the cached version is the same.

If you want to force the browser to re-read the css files, then get shell access to your server or have your site admin/support folks do:

cd ;touch skins//*/*.css

Then next time a page is read, the browser should see that the timestamp has changed and re-read the css files.

If you don't have shell access to your servers, bring up the css files for the 'customer' area in your template editor and enter a space character somewhere and then delete it. Then save the template (css file). This will also change the modification time.

I'm totally freaking out…

I did the upgrade and the result was the same as a lot of you guys: admin panel and front store were a mess of plain html links. Tried to upload the two .htaccess files given by the support team in this thread, no changes at all. Cleared the cache, the history, cookies, everything over and over, but no positive result. Then I tried the instructions given by CarbJetKits (not the full installation, just clearing the servers cache and changing the .htaccess) and the admin panel was ok but the front store was better but still messed up: the images were fine but all the content was misplaced and aligned left.

Next step: I replaced the new styles.base.css by the one from the previous version. The site looks ok but some details are messed: for example, if a product has several images, they appear as thumbnails under the main image, but there's no scroll, so the variant options do not appear properly, they are misplaced to the right and partially hidden. And I can't edit the product tabs in the admin to delete a few images…

Lesson learned: never ever install an upgrade in a live store without testing it in a test store…

I hope someone from the support team answers the appeals I sent to help desk…

Thanks,

Ines

Clear your browser cache.

[quote name='carbjetkits' timestamp='1313688625' post='119798']

I tried it again.

Still all messed up!

even with uploading the two htaccess files.

Admin panel looks a little better, but by far not correct.

Frontend is the same >> just plain links!!!

for got to mention that after reverting back i also had to revert the htaccess files back.

my product images were not showing on the reverted frontend

[/quote]

[size=“3”]I had the same problem when I upgraded to 2.2.1 - that is, the admin panel was nothing more than a LONG list of text links. Here's how I easily fixed it:

1. I logged out
  2. I cleared the cache, i.e. https://www.[yourdomain]/[yourstorefolder]/[youradmin.php]?cc
  3. I logged back into the admin panel and everything was fine.

Hope this helps.[/size]

[quote]Lesson learned: never ever install an upgrade in a live store without testing it in a test store…[/quote]

Or, clear your cache… Then clear it one more time for practice