CS-Cart v2.2.2 released

:blink: Unreal?

[quote name='IlyaZ' timestamp='1313677476' post='119791']

Watermark is not included again? Why?

[/quote]

This is a bug fix release, so no major changes are included in it. Most probably the watermark add-on will be included in the next major release.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1313677633' post='119792']

Well, it looks like the install is better, but it still messes up the back admin on the community version. Here is a screen shot of what the main page looks like…

http://screencast.com/t/vZSIxwha

Basically it squeezes everything to the right of the page. Here is another view…

http://screencast.com/t/kCOEOUbor

Also, the drop down menus are now messed up and do not look correct. Here is a video…

http://screencast.com/t/OuAqo1CyV5

Finally, the top menus to the right are gone. There is now just the text with no drop down menu. Here is the video…

http://screencast.com/t/dd0QIk0BD

[/quote]

Please let me explain.

The problem is caused by the browser cache. Recent upgrade contained changes in the style CSS files. So, the browser loads cached styles which may conflict with the new ones. Please try to clean up the browser cache.

[quote name='carbjetkits' timestamp='1313688625' post='119798']

I tried it again.

Still all messed up!

even with uploading the two htaccess files.

Admin panel looks a little better, but by far not correct.

Frontend is the same >> just plain links!!!

for got to mention that after reverting back i also had to revert the htaccess files back.

my product images were not showing on the reverted frontend

[/quote]

It looks like that this problem is still linked with the browser cache. As I have mentioned previously you should try to clean up the browser cache after the upgrade. If this does not help your to resolve the problem then please provide us with the temporary FTP access to your server in order that we could check the problem with your CS-Cart installation.

Thank you.

One more thing to add:

Some peole use Google's modpagespeed. This also caches and it can take a while before your site shows OK again. So to be sure, just turn it off when doing an upgrade or making edits to CSS, etc. You do this by putting ModPagespeed off at the top of your main .htaccess file).

Some of you won't even know you're using it, because some hosts have it turned on by default.

I have 2 .htaccess files: 1 with all the caching turned on and one with all the caching turned off. I use the last one when I'm working on my shop. I also use another browser then usual that does not cache. This makes life much easier.

How to turn off cache for firefox:

Fire up FireFox

Type about:config in your address bar

Type ‘cache’ in the search bar, and look for network.http.use-cache, and double click it to set it to false. Double clicking it again will set it to true and re-enable the cache

To cs-cart - maybe this is something you should put in the knowledge base. Caching seems to be an ever returning problem.

I have upgraded the store from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 today, however its crap, changing .htaccess files from the attached upgrade.zip on this forum didn't fix the problem, so I have replaced both htaccess files from 2.2.1, however for some reason on the “Editing product” the tabs dont work!

Does anyone experience the same problem?

in firefox i clear the history and clear cache of cscart and now is ok

[quote name='viweb' timestamp='1313746610' post='119847']

I have upgraded the store from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 today, however its crap, changing .htaccess files from the attached upgrade.zip on this forum didn't fix the problem, so I have replaced both htaccess files from 2.2.1, however for some reason on the “Editing product” the tabs dont work!

Does anyone experience the same problem?

[/quote]

Did you read the posts ^^^^ and clear your cache?

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1313752525' post='119853']

Did you read the posts ^^^^ and clear your cache?

[/quote]

I did clear the cache with “&cc”, wiped the browsers cache, even tried on diferrent pcs where no cs cart was opened before, but still get no images with new htaccess files and tabs don't work on edit product.

I am hosting my store with 1&1, if that's of any help.

PHP Version: 5.2.17

MYSQL Version: 5.0.92

There might be server configuration issue, as I just tried to do fresh install in subdirectory, and i cant see any images even at that stage.

Any clues guys?

Hello, I m using cs cart with 2 different license in 2 different websites. I upgraded to version 2.2.2, one of my domain is working well however my another domain “globalburo.com” can not see any upgrade option so, I can upgrade this domain. Can you please let me know what can i do about that?

@ Viweb - that is strange.

@ globalburo - they roll out the upgrade in a time span of a couple of days so the servers don't get overloaded. So it will come. Are you already running 2.2.1? If not, you might have to change the link to the updates center to http://updates.cs-cart.com

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1313757504' post='119859']

@ Viweb - that is strange.

@ globalburo - they roll out the upgrade in a time span of a couple of days so the servers don't get overloaded. So it will come. Are you already running 2.2.1? If not, you might have to change the link to the updates center to http://updates.cs-cart.com

[/quote]

Thank you for your quick reply. I am already using 2.2.1. I will wait some time more until update is available.

finally got the new version to show properly.

There are some ajax problems,

in admin Design Blocks:

the blocks can not be moved or edited.

frontend:

value changer in quantity field does not work.

when adding a product to cart, the webpage refreshes to show the cart popup, the continue shopping button on the popup doesn't work. the popup can not be closed. the checkout button works

the view cart button does not work.

the notice messages can not be closed.

restored and got everything destroyed now.

showing Error occured on admin and front end

well to get this all fixed, i had to do a complete new install and everything seems to work now.

I am just glad that i had an sql database dump on my desktop that was just one day old.

Now i got to see if this update fixed the original problem i had with amazon checkout( the only reason i updated)

[quote name=‘viweb’ timestamp=‘1313753215’ post=‘119855’]

I did clear the cache with “&cc”, wiped the browsers cache, even tried on diferrent pcs where no cs cart was opened before, but still get no images with new htaccess files and tabs don’t work on edit product.

I am hosting my store with 1&1, if that’s of any help.

PHP Version: 5.2.17

MYSQL Version: 5.0.92

There might be server configuration issue, as I just tried to do fresh install in subdirectory, and i cant see any images even at that stage.

Any clues guys?

[/quote]

1and1… :lol: :lol:

you will soon learn to move from them, if your experience is anything like mine was with 1and1. Search web for 1and1 reviews

John

Completely off topic but because someone is having trouble using 1and1 as a host:

I had by far the worst experience EVER with 1 and 1. Just a quick list:

Had to phone them more then 20 times, for over 15 weeks, for more then 30 minutes average per call to fix a billing mistake - they were still using the credit card of the previous owner of the site. During these weeks they just disconnected our server without ANY warning. They did this every month even though we had given them the proper credit card credentials more then 5 times. Sometimes it took them 3 weeks to get us online again… just to kill the website again 1 week later.

When we moved the domain and website from them, it took over 10 weeks for them to change a tag - our main website was offline this entire time. They were seriously driving us and our new host (who was great - they also phoned 1 and 1 almost every 3 days for an update) completely crazy.

1 and 1 = -100 ! Go Away while you still can!!

Great guys . but I am still stuck *carbjetkits had but at least he get back to the screen shot . Skin/Image .htaccess updated but still no response . refresh - clear cache but cant get back . request a solution . How to get back to my store !

In the hope it will help someone, here is how i made the upgrade work:

do the firefox cache clearing as stated in a few posts before.

then login to your cpanel and go to var/cache.

delete all files and folders within the cache folder.

This will clear all server side cache.

instead of using the .htaccess as stated in the upgrade post earlier, use these:

in the image folder:

Options -Indexes

order allow,deny

deny from all

in the skins folder:

deny from all

Allow from all

Options -Indexes

clear all your cookies:

in firefox go to Tools > Page Info Security > view cookies

delete the cookies

if you have to do a complete reinstall:

make a complete backup in phpmyadmin.

select your database and click on the export tab at the top

select export as SQL

check Structure

do not check Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION (check it if you want the demo products deleted)

check Add IF NOT EXISTS

check Add AUTO_INCREMENT value

check Enclose table and field names with backquotes

do not check Add CREATE PROCEDURE / FUNCTION

check Data

check Complete inserts

check Extended inserts

Documentation

Maximal length of created query 50000

not checked Use delayed inserts

not checked Use ignore inserts

check Use hexadecimal for BLOB

Export type INSERT

Save as file somewhere on your desktop.

in your cpanel home create a new folder named public_html2

copy all files and folders from public_html to public_html2

upload the new complete cs-cart2.2.2 to public_html and extract.

run the install, but use a different Database

check and see after installation that you have in skins/basic a customer folder and an admin folder

if not just create these folders.

look in /var/skins_repository to see if you have the skin you want to use, if not copy it from public_html2

check the .htaccess files:

in the image folder:

Options -Indexes

order allow,deny

deny from all

in the skins folder:

deny from all

Allow from all

Options -Indexes

now in phpmyadmin go to your new database.

click on the SQL tab at the top.

open the downloaded sql file in an text editor.

ignore the first part that looks like this:

SET SQL_MODE=“NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO”;

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT /;

/
!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS /;

/
!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION /;

/
!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;

thereafter you see several blocks of code,

they all start with CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS or INSERT INTO

copy and paste several blocks at a time in the phpmyadmin field and click the go button

click yes on the popup that appears.

repeat until you have done all blocks.

you now have the newest version installed and the database contains all your values.

i had to do this after i tried to revert and got the error message in front and backend.

this might just be they way i will do all future upgrade

i get some errors when printing an invoice and in the emailed version of the invoice.

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “common_templates/options_info.tpl” in /home/carbjetk/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “common_templates/price.tpl” in /home/carbjetk/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

and in the emailed version also:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “letter_footer.tpl” in /home/carbjetk/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

weird is that the header and everything else displays correctly.

I have tried all possible file permissions from the root to the tpl files.

the print packing slip:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “orders/print_packing_slip.tpl” in /home/carbjetk/public_html/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

also tried clearing browser and server cache.

I'm getting an error on one of my sites under Administration>Data Feeds. One site works fine, the other takes me to a plain white page with “error occured” in the top left corner when I click on the data feeds link.