CS-Cart v2.2.2 released

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1314153267' post='120212']

Or, clear your cache… Then clear it one more time for practice

[/quote]

Thank you, but as I referred previously, I cleared my cache several times. That lesson I learned some time ago, in my first upgrade, and I only had to read about it once (it is in every post about new upgrades). I lost count of the times I cleared my browsers cache, my cookies, my server's cache and nothing happened. I have a lot of practice clearing the cache, I can assure you. That is not the issue here, but thanks anyway.

The support team resolved the problem, they replaced the following command

with this one:

in the .htaccess file located in the “Lib” directory. Thank you, support team!!!

I just upgraded a site last night from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 and I had no problems at all. At the end of the upgrade, I had to clear the cart's cache and clear the browser's cache. Easy Cheesy.

Thanks,

Brandon

Realy sad seeing that translate mode not was fixed :(

just tried to place an order using the 'act on behalf of' option

and it doesnt log you in to the customers account like it used to.

Anybody else with this problem?

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1314195418' post='120257']

I just upgraded a site last night from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 and I had no problems at all. At the end of the upgrade, I had to clear the cart's cache and clear the browser's cache. Easy Cheesy.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

same here!

[quote name='cs-cart-newbie' timestamp='1314363597' post='120405']

just tried to place an order using the 'act on behalf of' option

and it doesnt log you in to the customers account like it used to.

Anybody else with this problem?

[/quote]

you need to whitelist against mod_security IDs (Search forum for mod_security)

Well, i have upgrade to 2.2.2 and everything is working smoothly.

Hi There,

I have 2.1.4 installed on the customers site and am “tempted” to try an upgrade to 2.2.2 - but would like to understand that there should be now issues now?

Would also like to confirm that cs-cart 2.2.2 is now “stable” ie no issues etc as am about to spring into another license + so don't want to install a product that has more bugs than I could handle (not being a fixer.

Being that I have a problem with 2.1.4 whereby after login a customer is not able to see the “loged in” information block that contains

Cheers

Christine

I am having major issues with upgrades from 2.1.4 to 2.2.2.

2.2.1 gave me issues, freezing on one of the database updates, so I had to restart the update (which is another story). Then, now that I upgraded to 2.2.2 this morning (from 2.2.1), the admin AND the storefront are all in basic HTML.

No graphical interface, and clearing the cache for both browser and CS-Cart did absolutely nothing. And worse yet - the restore url doesn't work! It gives me a server error (I tried changing permissions).

So now my site is down until (I hope) to get some reply from the support team. Not good!

[quote]

Would also like to confirm that cs-cart 2.2.2 is now “stable” ie no issues etc

[/quote]

No software release will be without issues. For the most part, any issues that exist in the current upgrade package will most likely be specific to certain types of configurations.

My opinion is that the upgrade is stable and works correctly. If I weren't going away for 3 weeks in a day or two, I would upgrade my site from 2.1.4 to 2.2.2.

Of course, your mileage may vary…

Regarding the upgrade issues above. You can either click 'revert' in the Upgrade Center or you can restore your site via the link you were told to copy/paste during the upgrade process. The admin area view indicates that your browser cache has NOT been cleared. Your 500 error should be taken up with your host since it's a generic error with potentially hundreds of different causes.

@ Fishtail: I don't think you cleaned your browsers cache correctly. But if you didn, also clean smartoptimizers cache and turn off google modpagespeed after an upgrade if you're using it.

Refresh and turn it on again et voila… your site should display correctly.

Hello

My problem when trying to upgrade is that it starts with the …

and then i get this error: Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in ************

Any ideas please?

Thanks

George

[quote name='gegeor' timestamp='1315204537' post='120985']

Hello

My problem when trying to upgrade is that it starts with the …

and then i get this error: Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in ************

Any ideas please?

Thanks

George

[/quote]

Hello, George!

This error means that the “exec” function is disabled on your server. Please contact your server administrator and ask him/her to enable it.

Okay, so if you have upgraded to 2.2.2 and you have cleared your cache, cleared the smartoptimizer, how do we get what the customer is seeing to work correctly without having to ask them to “clear” their browser cache?

Over the last few days since the upgrade we have noticed a HUGE dive (decline) in online orders. We still get phone orders, so we started asking if they tried to check out online and if they did, were they having any issues. So far the biggest “issue” (other than they just do not like the internet) is the fact that the drop down menu for the states is not working. This only seems to happen to those who have visited our site before. So I then went to research, and sure enough, in the “estimate shipping” and at checkout it does NOT show the states. If I then hit the “refresh” while on the page all the states in the drop down show up. I have repeated this now on an XP, Windows 7 and my Android phone. On the PCs we are using Firefox 5 or 6. I'm not for sure what browser is on the Droid. Once I “refresh” or “reload” the page the states then show up.

So my question is, how in the world can we tell customers they need to “refresh” their browser to checkout on our site? If they call in we can tell them, but most people are going to just get irritated and leave your site. Shouldn't there be something in the code that “refreshes” the pages that have the states?

My next worry is, how many more of these “cache” issues are there on the front side?

Jim,

You might have something else going on there. I can't seem to duplicate that one any of the carts I maintain, on any computer I own. I only own PCs, no Macs. Also, the state dropdowns work fine on my Droid.

I don't have an answer for you, but I don't think this is a widespread problem.

Brandon

If you have SSH access to your site, you can run the following command. The goal is to update the modification time of the css files so that the browser sees that they need to be re-read.

cd

find . -name '*.css' -print | xargs touch

Or you can do it manually by opening the css files, adding a space, deleting the space and then resaving.

There's one thing I really hate about 2.2.2 - in the table of Products (Catalog → Products) the product code has been included underneath the product name so it is no longer in its own column. The annoying thing is I can no longer sort that column. It was a good way to work out which products haven't got a code assigned for sites with thousands of products. I know there are other ways but it was really quick and easy.

Is there a way I can separate the product codes again?

After working through mod_sec issues with 2.2.1 I have finally been able to install it. Unfortunately, it resulted in the problem many are having with 2.2.2 - I have a blue screen with a stream of html and basically no graphic interface. I searched the forum and wasn't able to find anyone else with this particular problem with 2.2.1, just 2.2.2. There has to be a common denominator. I am not a techie, but is it possible this has something to do with server changes cs-cart may have made, or perhaps an add-on that is interfering? There has to be a reason why some of us have problems, while others glide through. I would feel better if I could find the cause of the problem rather than trying to work around it. I tried to install with old version of ff in case it was a browser issue, but same result.

Any thoughts?

The issue is the modification time of the css files. The upgrade archive was created earlier than the files have been modified on your system (the archive restores modification times to the times of the files in the archive).

You can simply flush the browser cache which will cause the css files to be re-read or you can run a shell command like:

cd

find . -name '*.css' -print | xargs touch

This will change the modification times of the files and any future access to those stylesheets in your store will be re-read.

Thanks for the help T. What about store visitors - will they have to clear their cache as well, or will my actions take care of the problem? I thought I saw this come up earlier in this thread, but I wasn't sure there was a definite answer.