Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.3.4 Released

Anyone?

Anyone?

Please contact CS-Cart team, They will check their logs and provide you with the solution for the issue

The upgrade from 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 may fail for for anyone configured for SMTP email.
I'm configured for Office 365 mail and received the following error that stopped the upgrade cold as it tried to send out a database backup notification: "ErrorMessage could not be sent. Mailer Error: SMTP Error: data not accepted."

Per CS-Cart support the fix is to switch to the PHP Mail Function for the upgrade and then back to SMTP when done. Confirmed as the upgrade worked and when email is returned to SMTP so do all the various email processes. Support has notified the software team.

Hmm, I (and my customers) use SMTP email and I haven't experienced this issue.

Can you provide any more details? Is it something specific to your use of Office 365?

Good to hear it's working for yourself and others, perhaps the issue is O365 specific? CS-Cart didn't support O365 SMTP (nor the required TLS encryption via the admin interface(?)) until v4.2.2. Prior to that custom code from CS-Cart was required.

I thought the issue might be the (excellent) Ez Auto-Mail add-on we use :) but disabling prior to upgrade had no affect on the email error.

If you had custom work done on the SMTP mailer then yes, that could explain why (after an upgrade) that your changes are not present and you couldn't be sent the restore point.

No custom work was in place (custom code provided by CS-Cart) - as noted it hasn't been needed since v4.2.2 when CS-Cart fixed their bug with O365 SMTP mail support. CS-Cart support has also acknowledged this upgrade bug.

Then the scope is limited to Office 365 SMTP settings... Still sounds like a bug to me...

Yeah if you're not using O365 and are working (Gmail etc) - it would look that way.

I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3.4 and after running the "Check PHP Script Timeout" button I get the following message:

We DO NOT recommend to start the upgrade on your server.
Your server has wrong PHP script timeout settings. This could be due to restrictions on the PHP set_time_limit function or FastCGI "Timeout" options. We recommend you to contact your hosting provider in order to resolve this issue or contact our tech support team to perform the upgrade for you.

Ok... It tells me I have the wrong settings, but doesn't give tell me what it needs to perform the upgrade. Would be nice if this info was supplied.... CSC can you provide these required settings?

There is also no info on this on the System Requirements page: https://www.cs-cart.com/requirements.html

Thanks, but even when I set it to 0 it still times out around 112-105.

I added this line to my php.ini file:

set_time_limit(3600)
I also have the max_execution_time set to 3600.

Any other advice?

It would sure be nice for CSC to provide more detailed information on about what the server settings need to be...

What's the exact error you are seeing in your php error_log.

It sounds like your host may have restrictions in place for how high you can set that value if in fact you are seeing a PHP timeout.

I am not getting any errors in the error_log. I am my own host, I looked in the master php.ini file for the whole server and that value was not in the file, so I added it and still got timed out. All of this is steaming from CSC's own checker that they added to 4.3.4 during upgrade. I even tried putting the set_time_limit at (0) which is supposedly unlimited and it still timed out.

If you are not seeing the timeout in the PHP error_log then it is NOT the PHP timeout that you are experiencing. Suggest you check the Apache 'Timeout' value. It should be 300 or greater. Are your running fastCGI or suPHP as the PHP mode for your web server?

I am going to test an upgrade from 4.2 to 4.3.4 but only 4.3.1 is available in the upgrade center. Is there any particular reason for this?

My license is fully active.

You'll get them one at a time. After you get 4.3.1, you'll get 4.3.1 SP1, then 4.3.2, then 4.3.3, then 4.3.4. All sequentially.

This is actually proper to keep people from attempting to skip ahead since upgrades have to be applied sequentially anyway.

So I need to upgrade 5 times to get to 4.3.4 and 6 times once 4.3.5 is out? That's pretty old school. It's been at least a decade since I had to do that for any software. Most web-application upgrade scripts include previous updates automatically.

Is a better upgrade script planned or worked on?

Thanks for the information. I will get to it then.

Any ideas when 4.3.5 will be out?

I'm planning an upgrade from 4.24, want to do it in one shot so I don't have to touch it for another 2-3 months.

Any ideas when 4.3.5 will be out?

I'm planning an upgrade from 4.24, want to do it in one shot so I don't have to touch it for another 2-3 months.

4.3.5 is planned for November.