Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.2.4 With Paypal Ipn Support Released

Be weary of the new paypal addon option of “override customer info” which is set to default. It seems it does just that and will override email and address info from paypal.

For example, if the customer checks out on your website with a desired email address and then chooses to checkout with paypal and they have a different paypal email address, it will override whatever email they used to checkout with. I can't see how this could ever be desirable as they would expect the website emails to go the email they signed up with and not their paypal email address.

I haven't checked if it overrides addresses as I use paypal express which takes the address from the website. But if you use paypal standard, I assume it will override the customer shipping address info with whatever address they choose on paypal - which is not a good thing in my opinion.

Imac, now Paypal Express Checkout doesn’t transfer the phone number of the customer?

I need the phone number and this is the only field that is missing in the process. why? there are some way to fix it?

despite the recommendation, I need the phone number:

Paypal get the number successfully:

But it’s not copied in the field:

why?

Something incomplete somewhere maybe?

hello …

Today iltry activate the add on an now

when i go to paypal paiement i have this message

Oops, something went wrong (Internal Server Error). Please try again.

help

[quote name='japanexp' timestamp='1418310925' post='199497'] Any answer to this i.e. how Paypal side settings should be configured? [/quote]

FWIW According to Support, Paypal-side settings should remain unchanged.

[quote name='San' timestamp='1417794640' post='198861']

Had the below error when upgrading, can someone explain what is going wrong?

Error occurred: post upgradeUnknown column 'company_id' in 'field list' (1054): SELECT processor_params, company_id FROM cscart_payments WHERE processor_id = (SELECT processor_id FROM cscart_payment_processors WHERE processor_script = 'paypal.php')

[/quote]12/17/2014 I attempted upgrade again and received same errors. I was able to revert back again.

[quote name='jimmyod' timestamp='1418844147' post='200147'] 12/17/2014 I attempted upgrade again and received same errors. I was able to revert back again. [/quote]

Try disabling or uninstalling Paypal related features before running the upgrade, then add them again afterwards.

Am I seeing this right? Only 2 confirmed bugs reported for 4.2.4 so far??

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/project-1-cs-cart/page__verfilter__106

I haven't seen this little bug reports on any released version of cs-cart since I started using cs-cart back on version 3.0. Am I missing something? If not, I'm really impressed!

I upgraded from 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 and paypal button to pay no longer works, get a 500 error. Worst time of the year for the site to be done, also lost my payment options. Bloody hate upgrades, never go smooth.

just for information

hello I do not know if that will help you is about the error message

“Oops, something went wrong (Internal Server Error). Please try again.”

I asked my hoster to give me a stronger database and the error message that appeared from time to time has disappeared

Sam

@martin1979 - if you want a defect fixed you need to enter it in the bugtracker. This is a community forum and odds are very low that someone from cs-cart will actually read your posts and act on them.

Hi, when's 4.2.5 due as may just wait now?

[quote name='amdowney' timestamp='1420476744' post='201679']

Hi, when's 4.2.5 due as may just wait now?

[/quote]

I guess the next will be 4.3

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1417521262' post='198540']

We have three direction of performance optimization we are working at the moment:

• SQL queries, at the moment we achieved ~70% decreasing of heavy queries execution (get products on the category view). Also we are optimizing SQL queries we will decrease the number of queries as much as we can
  • Cache improvements- we are going to cache everything that only possible. Main content, product blocks etc. This has decreased the CPU load for ~30% on light VPS server with 5 concurrent queries.
  • Client side optimization (how faster the page is loaded in the browser), improve our scores in Google page speed (minimize js, remove some fonts, etc)

[color=#ff0000]The 4.3 would be really faster![/color]

[/quote]

I can not wait !

Yeah 4,3 then is that far off??

Just upgraded… Will be watching the new PayPal IPN functions… Looking forward to the 4.3 improvements as well!

[quote name=‘amdowney’ timestamp=‘1420560123’ post=‘201790’]

Yeah 4,3 then is that far off??

[/quote]

Do we need to put an IPN URL in our paypal settings to utilize this new feature? Had a PayPal order today and the status never changed based on my settings.

Will there be a 4.2.5?

Hi Guys!

Just want to get an idea when the Temando shipping system will be fixed? It's been in the cart since 4.0.1 but it doesn't actually work (confirmed from Temando to be not coded properly). Been waiting for it now for a while and hoped there may be fixes for it on the way?

suggest you enter it into bugtracker. No one from cs-cart is going to see your post here (or at least highly unlikely and even less likely the would act on it).

When will version be released? The current version is slow as Magento on a shared server!