Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.2.4 With Paypal Ipn Support Released

Sounds good.

Thanks for the info.

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1417098743’ post=‘198173’]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi![/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We’re happy to introduce you to another minor CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor release.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meet CS-Cart 4.2.4 and Multi-Vendor 4.2.4![/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In addition to improvements and fixes (see the changelog), this version includes PayPal IPN support and a newRealex payment method.[/font][/color]

PayPal IPN

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have been working closely with our colleagues at PayPal to make your experience with PayPal in CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.2.4 even better.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IPN, which stands for Instant Payment Notifications, is PayPal’s message service that sends notifications when a change in a transaction occurs. In 4.2.4, we use PayPal IPN to synchronize order status in your admin panel with the corresponding transaction status at PayPal.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For example, when a PayPal transaction is complete, your store will receive a message from PayPal IPN that will update the associated CS- order’s status. In the PayPal add-on settings, you can choose how PayPal statuses should correspond to the ones used in your store. Handy![/font][/color]

Upgrade

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Within a week, all store owners should see the update in their admin panels’ Update Centers. If you don’t want to wait, you can download the package manually from your Help Desk account’s File area (you must have an active upgrade subscription).[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Admin, Bug Tracker is not updated yet. 4.2.4 is still showing in development.

Hi guys,

It's end of the week but still no update in the backend… i hope it will be released today

The new Paypal methods does not work on localhost. During the tests returned a blank page instead of going to paypal site.

Fresh installation, nothing changed or added.

i tought it was friday :P i have updated to 4.2.4 in couple of seconds… amazing :D

[quote name='m3th3lesh' timestamp='1417685674' post='198721']

Admin, Bug Tracker is not updated yet. 4.2.4 is still showing in development.

[/quote]

Thanks m3th3lesh, Fixed.

[quote name='ThomH' timestamp='1417705630' post='198746']

The new Paypal methods does not work on localhost. During the tests returned a blank page instead of going to paypal site.

Fresh installation, nothing changed or added.

[/quote]

Thomh, can you please take a look to what URL you was redirected and what error is in the log.

The problem may be in file permissions, the paypal scripts are now located in the app/addons/paypal/payments folder

Had the below error when upgrading, can someone explain what is going wrong?

Error occurred: post upgradeUnknown column 'company_id' in 'field list' (1054): SELECT processor_params, company_id FROM cscart_payments WHERE processor_id = (SELECT processor_id FROM cscart_payment_processors WHERE processor_script = 'paypal.php')

Tried upgrade on one site. Now “Visual Editor” does not work. It gives the error…

Oops!! Sorry that page must have moved.Oops, something went wrong (Forbidden). Please try again.

There are no 3rd party add ons on this particular site. Have tried to disable some of the add ons from CS but it still does not work. Did the Visual Editor get turned off or is it not supposed to work any longer?

In regards to the error that ThomH posted, what should the permissions be set at for the app/addons/paypal/payments folder? I am guessing 0777/0755.

Normally a “Forbidden” message relates to permissions or an invalid redirect. But if it's a redirect issue you won't see it in cs-cart notifications since that error happens at the Apache (web server) level, not at the application level. So my guess would be that you have some directories mode 777 where they should be mode 775 or 755 based on your server's php configuration. More than likely it is in a directory that contains javascript or (like a payment script) a php script that is being called directly with either bad directory permissions or incorrect .htaccess file settings… My recommendation would be to use the most restrictive permissions you can. So I would start with 755 and if necessary, go to 775. But 777 will probably fail on the call-back in a secure server.

IPN support is awesome… but no doco on config yet. Is the store notification just the url the site? or is there a dispatch value for it?

What is Override customer info?

also, what about other settings like:

[list]

[]Payment Data Transfer - off

[
]Auto Return for Website Payments - off

[*]Return URL - blank

[/list]

[quote name='San' timestamp='1417794640' post='198861']

Error occurred: post upgradeUnknown column 'company_id' in 'field list' (1054): SELECT processor_params, company_id FROM cscart_payments WHERE processor_id = (SELECT processor_id FROM cscart_payment_processors WHERE processor_script = 'paypal.php')

[/quote]Me too. One site I have went very smoothly. My other site encountered this same issue.

Hello,

On this page:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

You say to do the following:

Instant Payment Notification - off

Payment Data Transfer - off

Auto Return for Website Payments - off

Return URL - blank

Since this information and page is pre 4.2.4 and IPN implementation should we now turn some of those options on in our Paypal configuration?

Can you please update the support page to show correct 4.2.4 IPN implementation and settings in Paypal.

Thanks,

I get 404 error when enabled paypal ipn.

paypal ipn showing notification url : [b]https://www.mydomain.com/index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.paypal_ipn[/b]

IS CS-Cart 4.2.4 compatible with the latest stable version of PHP? PHP 5.6

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1417789031' post='198850']

Thomh, can you please take a look to what URL you was redirected and what error is in the log.

The problem may be in file permissions, the paypal scripts are now located in the app/addons/paypal/payments folder

[/quote]

The link in the browser is the main storefront link with a blank page, nothing in the error log. Stops when tries to connect to paypal page, the text “connecting to paypal…” does not appear, the issue appears before it. Not clear why happens, on the live test site the issue does not appear.

All other previous version are ok on localhost.

When using PayPal Express in 4.2.4 i get an 404-error, and directed to this site:

http://mysite.com/app/addons/paypal/payments/paypal_express.php

Anyone know the reason for this?

[quote name='San' timestamp='1417794640' post='198861']

[/quote]Have you had any luck since your last posting?

I was wondering if any addons needed to be uninstalled or if I should just try again.

I’ve upgraded yesterday and after many tests I have to say that everything has been perfect and without problems. Thanks again team! good job!

I can’t wait to the next upgrade! (4.3) :mrgreen:

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1417521262’ post=‘198540’]

We have three direction of performance optimization we are working at the moment:

• SQL queries, at the moment we achieved ~70% decreasing of heavy queries execution (get products on the category view). Also we are optimizing SQL queries we will decrease the number of queries as much as we can
  • Cache improvements- we are going to cache everything that only possible. Main content, product blocks etc. This has decreased the CPU load for ~30% on light VPS server with 5 concurrent queries.
  • Client side optimization (how faster the page is loaded in the browser), improve our scores in Google page speed (minimize js, remove some fonts, etc)

[color=#ff0000]The 4.3 would be really faster![/color]

[/quote]

[quote name=‘imac’ timestamp=‘1417522294’ post=‘198543’]

We will cache the main-content block completely so products options will be included.

I hope we will release a public Beta in the end of January 2015. But these are just hopes at the moment.

We won’t release until we are sure it is really amazing:)

[/quote]

[quote name='Qbasix' timestamp='1418015334' post='199003'] Hello, On this page: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation You say to do the following: Instant Payment Notification - off Payment Data Transfer - off Auto Return for Website Payments - off Return URL - blank Since this information and page is pre 4.2.4 and IPN implementation should we now turn some of those options on in our Paypal configuration? Can you please update the support page to show correct 4.2.4 IPN implementation and settings in Paypal. Thanks, [/quote]

Any answer to this i.e. how Paypal side settings should be configured?